• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Good deep run by Scots 15 down the grandstand, Scots go wide left, Joeys drop off tackles and Scots wrap it up with a score at the Southern end out wide. Conv missed

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good deep run by Scots 15 down the grandstand, Scots go wide left, Joeys drop off tackles and Scots wrap it up with a score at the Southern end out wide. Conv missed

If only the old "minister of defence" was still with us. Poor defense there.
Cracking game, dumb rugby at times. Joeys will be happy I feel that they were close here.
Now, off to find the boys afte checkout then Jacks!

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
I only saw H2. So in that half Joeys scored 19 points Scots 17. Two things struck me about Joeys, their D needs to stiffen up - too many first up broken tackles. With the ball they need to be more patient. They go wide too early in my book and aren’t willing to build pressure by grinding away at the good sides. Towards the end they uncharacteristically started kicking the ball away when they needed to hold it. They are a talented side but lack the physicality up front that others have and that will make it hard for them to win.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Score

Attachments

• 43C2DF55-FEBA-465E-9D6A-B5327AC6EAC6.jpeg
    43C2DF55-FEBA-465E-9D6A-B5327AC6EAC6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 282

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Very disappointing last 15 minutes by New. Competitive for 3/4 of the game but Riverview finished with a flurry of tries to win 50-21.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
1sts Riverview 50 def Newington 21
2nds Riverview 31 def Newington 24
3rds Riverview (4) def Newington 29-7

16A Newington 21 def Riverview 19

15A Riverview 24 def Newington 14 (I think that was the score)

14A Newington 89 def Riverview 12
14B Newington 45 def Riverview 19
14C Newington 29 def Riverview 28
14D Riverview defeated Newington by a lot to 7
14E Newington defeated Riverview by about 20

13A Newington defeated Riverview by a lot to 7
13B Riverview defeated Newington by about 20

I was told that Newington won the rest of the 13s games, but not confirmed

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Riverview defence in the forwards was like a brick wall. Backs capitalised on a number of basic errors by New backs.

The score was still only 26-21 with 15 minutes to go - full credit to Riverview though, they really finished well and took advantage of every opportunity which presented itself.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Riverview defence in the forwards was like a brick wall. Backs capitalised on a number of basic errors by New backs.

The score was still only 26-21 with 15 minutes to go - full credit to Riverview though, they really finished well and took advantage of every opportunity which presented itself.

Have moved them up a notch in my final standings for season 2018.
Like at SJC today, the last 15 minutes is like the 15th round in boxing...the championship round. You must won this quarter of the match to have any hope.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Scrappy but entertaining (close) game at Hunters Hill this arvo. Won, probably deservedly so, by Scots 34 - 26 in the end. Joeys struggled at times against Scots aggressive defence, but clicked to score some great long range tries. But both sides have plenty to work on at training next week before comp starts.

A highlight was the return of Jeremy Williams (S5) who had a massive game, given it was his first for 2018, making a comeback from injury. Scored 2 tries, nearly a third. Welcome back Jeremy.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)

1sts Riverview 50 def Newington 21
2nds Riverview 31 def Newington 24
3rds Riverview (4) def Newington 29-7

16A Newington 21 def Riverview 19

15A Riverview 24 def Newington 14 (I think that was the score)

14A Newington 89 def Riverview 12
14B Newington 45 def Riverview 19
14C Newington 29 def Riverview 28
14D Riverview defeated Newington by a lot to 7
14E Newington defeated Riverview by about 20

13A Newington defeated Riverview by a lot to 7
13B Riverview defeated Newington by about 20

I was told that Newington won the rest of the 13s games, but not confirmed

Thanks QH for those results, they brighten up what is clearly a most disappointing 1st XV effort. I don't know what is going wrong with our firsts I thought they had the players and experience to make themselves a force in GPS Rugby for 2018. Clearly, something is lacking, I wonder what.

But the results from the younger teams is brilliant. Even, the 15As loss is a considerable improvement on the 2017 results as the 14As.Last year they loss 50-0 in the preseason and 35-7 in the GPS round to View. So a 26-14 loss is proof evident they are moving forward. They could even get a win in the 2018 GPS, based on their level of improvement.

14As result was a super effort as was 13As effort. Clearly, Newington supporters can obtain a sense of pride from these younger age groups and some hope for the future, despite the reality that other schools will improve in these age groups.