• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hardly a flogging

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

20-0 in the first half, just couldn't get in the game because of Knox's dominance in the forwards and slick handling in the backs. Though I have been very impressed in both today's and Waverly's game by Ben Brownie for Shore who has put on some massive shots in defence. Keep an eye out for him in 8 or 6 if you manage to make it out to a Shore game this year.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
13A, 14A were both big wins to Newington, 16A New 60 def Oakhill 7, 3rds and 2nds wins to New 50 by plus.

Most of the lesser divisions to New, although Oakhill won 5ths and 6ths.

Oakhill looked to have won 15A game comfortably

I had to leave before the 1sts started as I has other commitments.
Many thanks QH for your details and I know what its like to have work commitments on Saturday during the Rugby Season. Sparkle Motion, thanks for your scores and if your a New supporter, welcome on board. Comments from another Newington supporter, are always welcome.
The only disappointment is the 15As who appear will struggle again this year. On a brighter note,Joey, the Kings scoring machine is in the 1st XV and they wouldn't have to contend with him. Nevertheless, its an age group I hope will improve.

B

Backline_Move

How is Shore feeling after 3 straight losses now?

A lot of money to be spending on coaching providing “guidance” when they lose the first 3 games of the comp.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

A lot of money to be spending on coaching providing “guidance” when they lose the first 3 games of the comp.

It's well known that this is a rebuilding year and it's foolish to expect that after a couple of months of coaching that the 1st XV are going to turn into world beaters. The new coaching setup is about attempting to build a rugby programme and culture in the same vein as Shore's rowing setup. Much of the focus of the new programme has been around providing resources and coaching to other age groups and teams within the school besides the 1st XV. Strong wins by Shore's 2nds, 3rds, and others against the premier CAS side over the last few years gives credence to the new setup.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)

Just hope that the great saviour of Australian Rugby and the oracle of all knowledge the great Rod Kafer is on a success fee. Then again given the smarts of some Shore Old Boys in running Australian Rugby like a personal indulgence I doubt it.

Rod Kafer lasted 1 season as coach of Sarcens and that's the extent of his professional coaching resume and Bill Pulver puts him on a pedestal as the coaching guru of Australia.

If you want to build a good rugby program
1. Don't follow the lead of Bill Pulver and
2. Rename the grandstand.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
FYI. Aust u20s dominating early exchanges versus NZ. 7 - 7 after 12 mins. Being live steamed on facebook on 'Oceania Rugby' page.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
My spies out at North Parramatta today tell me that Kings have a very good side and will be a serious threat in GPS comp.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
20-0 in the first half, just couldn't get in the game because of Knox's dominance in the forwards and slick handling in the backs. Though I have been very impressed in both today's and Waverly's game by Ben Brownie for Shore who has put on some massive shots in defence. Keep an eye out for him in 8 or 6 if you manage to make it out to a Shore game this year.
Knox left 3 or 4 tries out there with some rust evident after 5 weeks without a match and the second half was a stop start affair after the ref decided to try and even up the scrum context which was being heavily dominated by Knox (thanks to new coach Cam Blades). There were at least 5 penalties given against Knox when driving the Shore scrum off the ball. That said, Shore’s one on one defence was excellent and shut down a number of promising Knox raids. Their 15 is a very good kicker and put the Knox try line under pressure a number of times. They never lay down and are an easy team to like. I hope they can snag a couple of wins against fancied opposition this season.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Many thanks QH for your details and I know what its like to have work commitments on Saturday during the Rugby Season. Sparkle Motion, thanks for your scores and if your a New supporter, welcome on board. Comments from another Newington supporter, are always welcome.
The only disappointment is the 15As who appear will struggle again this year. On a brighter note,Joey, the Kings scoring machine is in the 1st XV and they wouldn't have to contend with him. Nevertheless, its an age group I hope will improve.

Current 15s age group have been weak since Year 7. This result suggests that will continue.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
Joeys 16F 58 beat St Pius A 10
Now that is a gulf.

BTW.St Augustine's played Joeys A grade teams in other age groups.

Joeys 13A 59 St Augustine's 0
Joeys 14A 7 St Augustine's 42
Joeys 15A 31 St Augustine's 21
Joeys 16A 20 St Augustine's 0

1st XV game would have been interesting
I think you will find that the winner of the 13A’s was St Augustine’s by a huge margin. You have it the wrong way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Cheers UTG, will get to one.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's well known that this is a rebuilding year and it's foolish to expect that after a couple of months of coaching that the 1st XV are going to turn into world beaters. The new coaching setup is about attempting to build a rugby programme and culture in the same vein as Shore's rowing setup. Much of the focus of the new programme has been around providing resources and coaching to other age groups and teams within the school besides the 1st XV. Strong wins by Shore's 2nds, 3rds, and others against the premier CAS side over the last few years gives credence to the new setup.
Think Shore would be pretty happy with that outing.

Looks like they won alot of games, not the big dance but not disgraced.