• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks S&M, do you have any times and are they to played at New or Trinity, would be much appreciated.

Very sorry - I saw the soccer fixtures and assumed that the rugby ones hadn't been posted. Just read

"There will be no rugby on the last Saturday of the holidays (July 21st) against Trinity College.
Training will commence on the first day of term 3 with the first fixture back against St Joseph's College at Hunters Hill on July 28th."
Odd.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Very sorry - I saw the soccer fixtures and assumed that the rugby ones hadn't been posted. Just read

"There will be no rugby on the last Saturday of the holidays (July 21st) against Trinity College.
Training will commence on the first day of term 3 with the first fixture back against St Joseph's College at Hunters Hill on July 28th."
Odd.
Not a problem,SM,as it was I thought choosing Trinity would be a poor choice, in terms of opposition for some of the New A Teams. 14As 91-0 win in the full trial some weeks ago teaches neither New or Trinity teams about Rugby. It would be more benefical to play Joeys, Kings or View in A team trials. Equally, these schools would find New a highly competitive opponents. Only, our improving 15As would be perceived as a very beatable side and even then, I would rule out a surprise upset against these strong sides.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Joeys are in Coffs Harbour on their annual training camp this week.
They take a squad of 40 players including the recent Schoolboy rep players
(poor buggers don't get much of a break)
They train but do not play any other schools. In the past they have had training runs against local colts teams.
While there they may try the legendary K'Pane Artisan Bakery. Best pies in town.

18920300_1922551684436982_5249763663520989659_n.jpg

Is traditionally a very effective camp, if my memory serves me correctly, Joeys have recently got better results in the second 'half' of the season (post Coffs) than they have before it.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Congratulations to the following St Joseph's College players on their selection in the NSW Under 16 teams:

NSW No 1
Angus Websdale
Byron Sutherland
Max Dominello
Ben Dowling

NSW No 2
Ben Kearney
James Moore
Emery Joliffe

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Joeys are in Coffs Harbour on their annual training camp this week.
They take a squad of 40 players including the recent Schoolboy rep players
(poor buggers don't get much of a break)
They train but do not play any other schools. In the past they have had training runs against local colts teams.
While there they may try the legendary K'Pane Artisan Bakery. Best pies in town.

18920300_1922551684436982_5249763663520989659_n.jpg
Sorry Joker they are actually at Kingscliff on the Gold CoasT. I’m up here at the moment and staying at the same hotel

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry Joker they are actually at Kingscliff on the Gold CoasT. I’m up here at the moment and staying at the same hotel

Happy to be corrected. Are you spying or enjoying the Village Bakery? We were there recently ourselves at "SALT".

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Well done to the Shore Boys with two good wins against Cranbrook

Results
1st XV won 22-5
2nd XV won 38-7

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Damn! Well done Shore.
A Cranbrook mate of mine who has a son in the 2nds said they were confident of getting a GPS scalp against Shore.
He said they would struggle in the 2nds but the 1st Xv coach was "kiwi cocky" ?? of a win. Think he was a teacher at Scots once.
Well done the Shoremen. Build from here and maybe, just maybe cause an upset or two.
Whatever recipe it was today, keep using it.

kanga-meat-pies.jpg

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looks like 2 solid wins.

Cranbrook have been very competitive in their trials. So good result.

Up The Guts, did you see the game? Any observations?

keenas

Stan Wickham (3)
Savala didn't get much of a look in today

He seems very talented but a bit like strang, has good and not so good days

I'd suggest he might be a chance for final 6. at least in my estimation

Either him or the st augustines 10, Harry Wilson

Charlie is a wonderful footballer however I believe there are a few No 10''s are in front of him 2 of which are Minogue and Creagh . Charlie has a great forward pack in front of him paving the way, I don't see enough breaks from him ,kicks and setting up breaks good luck to him with the good team he has around him but I would like to see how he would perform with a less the forward pack he has had in front of him the last couple of years, having said that I think Edmed is a step up in class from them all including Donaldson and Harrison from last year

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Looks like 2 solid wins.

Cranbrook have been very competitive in their trials. So good result.

Up The Guts, did you see the game? Any observations?

I didn’t get out to the game but I have heard that it was a pretty pleasing performance as Shore had a couple out including the fullback Dight who was injured in the warmup and they had to call on the 3s fullback to fill in. The 2s are a good side and that result would have been expected.

Shore have put been putting in some long shifts during the holidays, a bit of a training camp without going away like Joeys did. They should have a bit more confidence with that win, the good first half against Joeys and the near win over a good Trinity side.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Damn! Well done Shore.
A Cranbrook mate of mine who has a son in the 2nds said they were confident of getting a GPS scalp against Shore.
He said they would struggle in the 2nds but the 1st Xv coach was "kiwi cocky" ?? of a win. Think he was a teacher at Scots once.
Well done the Shoremen. Build from here and maybe, just maybe cause an upset or two.
Whatever recipe it was today, keep using it.
Andrew Cleverly?
Was in charge of the Scots rugby program until Blackburn took over.
I think he coaches CAS 1sts. A good rugby brain and forwards coach.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Charlie is a wonderful footballer however I believe there are a few No 10''s are in front of him 2 of which are Minogue and Creagh . Charlie has a great forward pack in front of him paving the way, I don't see enough breaks from him ,kicks and setting up breaks good luck to him with the good team he has around him but I would like to see how he would perform with a less the forward pack he has had in front of him the last couple of years, having said that I think Edmed is a step up in class from them all including Donaldson and Harrison from last year

keenas, I too watched Edmed and his was very very good. Not sure re your comparison v Harrison and Donaldson, I can only assume you mean nearly as good, certainly re running the footy, not as good, those boys were true running players who could not only kick but were prolific try scorers and try makers.

I don't really like to compare players, as this year is the one that counts, but colts next year really does sort them all out.
Let's just focus on this year school boy rugby for now.

S

sidelineview

I like Edmed as a 10 and as a good team player, however at this point in time I wouldn't agree his all round game is as good as Gordon, Donaldson or Harrison, but having said that I hope he continues to develop as a footballer.