• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Joeys take on Scots this week in a final trial at Bellevue Hill so this will provide a pretty good indicator of where they each sit.

Agree. From the competition draw, the Joeys v Scots game will be in the final round of the GPS competition at Hunters Hill so should be a classic in all grades.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Fair enough Wristman. Joeys won the premiership last year with Points For = 167 and Points Against = 133 from five matches so averaged about 33 points scored per match and 27 points against per match. Agree that teams need good defence, but if you are consistently scoring more than your opponents and winning games it's a bit academic.

Even the Joeys faithful have to admit they were somewhat fortunate to win last year.
Last minute tries and a few results going their way.
Taking nothing from them but the stars certainly aligned.
They will need more than luck this year and early indications are that their defence hasn't improved.
The game against Scots will be telling.
Scots don't give up points easily, if the Joeys defence doesn't shape up they will lose.
My prediction....Scots by 10 to 15.
If they beat Scots I will readily admit that they deserve favourite status alongside Kings.
A loss and mid table beckons....

Rugby Season

Stan Wickham (3)
Even the Joeys faithful have to admit they were somewhat fortunate to win last year.
Last minute tries and a few results going their way.
Taking nothing from them but the stars certainly aligned.
They will need more than luck this year and early indications are that their defence hasn't improved.
The game against Scots will be telling.
Scots don't give up points easily, if the Joeys defence doesn't shape up they will lose.
My prediction..Scots by 10 to 15.
If they beat Scots I will readily admit that they deserve favourite status alongside Kings.
A loss and mid table beckons..

Luck yes but it was far more than that. Joeys had a real belief always that they could win the comp just like they thought they could the previous year when they lost 2 games by 3 points despite being regarded by many as having few talented players in both years.

Yes Kings beat them last year but Joeys absolutely bashed them (not in an illegal sense) in a very physical way which in the end caused Kings to have to 'come down' from a crucial encounter & in many respects unintentionally take their foot off the accelerator from an improving and brilliant attacking team of Newington who could be hot and cold. That's not luck - particularly in a one round format.

Heart, belief, fitness and a total mindset that the game was never over until the end was a lethal combination. It's in their DNA and last year they had it in spades.

Trials are not true indicators just like the polls - Scots beat them relatively comfortably and people wrote Joeys off after losing at least 4 of the trials - the rest as they say was history. I wouldn't get too wound up whoever wins on Saturday - it's the 5 games that count. Both sides will learn from the trial and a loss & I'm pretty confident both will be there or thereabouts come last round.

R

RuggerFan1

Chin up Rugger far from embarrassing with the resources and imports our mates from Bellevue Hill have.
What’s embarrassing is choking at the finish line last year with no less than 6 NSW and Aussie schools players in the team.
Let’s see if Scots get the Wobblies again

No need for the personal attack on the school, beaten by a very good joeys and kings side mind you. The irony of a man from Trinity accusing Scots of importing is too good. Would you like to name me one import?

R

RuggerFan1

Trinity are not the only school with injuries and a shortage of Open grade front row forwards. Better uncontested scrums than serious injuries.

Of course mate, just saying it would be embarrassing for the Trinity boys playing as well, Im sure they would've loved to go contested.

Tap n Go

Allen Oxlade (6)
No need for the personal attack on the school, beaten by a very good joeys and kings side mind you. The irony of a man from Trinity accusing Scots of importing is too good. Would you like to name me one import?

no attack Ruggie, merely suggesting that the Bellvue Hill mob choked last season.
As far as imports are concerned , there is another thread for that we could be here for a while...

O

Oak_Wood

Interested in the Scots v Oakhill 16As score yesterday, two strong sides apparently.

Scots got up 26-10. Oakhill backs ball control was not up to their usual standard, would of being a lot closer if they held the ball longer!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Knox won 25-17

The Knox v Scots game in 2 weeks should be a beauty, both good sides.
How did you guys go v TAS?
I missed most of our game v Joeys 16as had to go to Joeys to watch my younger bloke get thumped, have to share it around, I just picked the wrong game. Was the 16as a good game?

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
The Knox v Scots game in 2 weeks should be a beauty, both good sides.

How did you guys go v TAS?

I missed most of our game v Joeys 16as had to go to Joeys to watch my younger bloke get thumped, have to share it around, I just picked the wrong game. Was the 16as a good game?

60 odd to 5 I think.

Yes, considering it was quite dewy, the Waves 16A's played very well. They definitely out muscled the Joeys lads.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't think that these weekend results from the AAGPS site have been posted yet. Cross-posting to the CAS and ISA forums
Results 18 May.png

Status
Not open for further replies.