• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Green & Gold has been a lesser site without you, Joker

and again, welcome back

Thanks B&W. Nice to be back again. Can't wait to see the game at Stanmore. Tell the chef's to put an extra pig on the spit. Mmmmm best pork roll in the GPS! Newington certainly turn on the hospitality (and steal my hubcaps too)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joker !! How good were those memes by quick hands

“Free joker”

The place has not been the same without u

It is like a Steve Macqueen moment ...in the Great escape ... you are back from the brig

And all the boys, are happy to see their fav bad boy

Even if we know u have to be on your best behaviour

I’d post a meme if I knew how.

Ps joker, you do know ... its Hotel California... you can check out, but u can never leave

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joker ...

Attachments

• 29B45BFA-61A2-48C9-998D-9A8B97225A4C.jpeg
    29B45BFA-61A2-48C9-998D-9A8B97225A4C.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 290

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Just to clear something up immediately.

"Its not Pink" was NOT me.

He another Joeys soul brother who has also basked in the glow of the 55 GPS premierships Joeys have won.

giphy.gif

Thanks Joker.
Imagine my surprise when people thought I was you.
Must have been the Br Bede story.
But there's only one Joker...and great to have you back.

"Sub tuum praesidium,
Confugimus, confugimus"

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For those who enjoy checking on game results
Here are the scores from June 1 at St Joseph's College.
I will try to post them up each week when I can.

Attachments

• Joeys-Results-for-1-June-2019.pdf
    439.6 KB · Views: 397

peter costigan

Frank Row (1)
I don't see Gibbs making the team over Connolly, If Connolly were to move to 15, a lot of player's will be out of position.

Dan O'Brien is not as skilful as Kaeo Weekes. Weekes, Tolu Koula and Jordan Williams are big standouts in the u18 Aus 7s team.

Nick Chan was dropped to the 2nds last year for the majority of last season. Don't see him making, Weekes is faster and Penisini is stronger.

Zucchiati has been in Scots 1st for 3 years in a row. However, Kanaan does stand's a fair chance. In my opinion, experience will be the key factor for selection.

Absolutely amazing how you talk about these young boys. I mean young boys as most of them are not yet of 18 yrs of age.
You carry on as if you are picking the National team.
I appeal not only to yourself but also other bloggers on this page to remember that you are writing about teenage boys.
Comments regarding who will be selected and not, along with reasons for and against I image to these young fella's can be taken perhaps unintentionally the wrong way.
I encourage all who contribute to this forum to firstly think about such comments before posting and to also check your facts and figures with regard to these young boys. Some of the stuff written is completely way off the mark.
Be assured people if some of you continue to solicit rubbish comments and facts I will gladly call you out on it.
so remember one and all; Who you are talking about and why you are doing it.
I suspect if it were your son or sons some comments would be, well they would not appear on this page.
Thank you all.
In Meliora Contende

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Thanks B&W. Nice to be back again. Can't wait to see the game at Stanmore. Tell the chef's to put an extra pig on the spit. Mmmmm best pork roll in the GPS! Newington certainly turn on the hospitality (and steal my hubcaps too)

Hello Joker
Then may I suggest a purchase of the Big Newie for $12 you get a burger with eggs, bacon, sausages, steak and onions. A nightmare for any cardiologist and a dietician's time bomb for one's long term health. .

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
Shoe ins are
Mossman,Koula,O’Brien,Gibbs due to O’Brien,Soualii,Pensini,Weekes and Albert
Put them all in a room and throw the jumpers in the air !
1 misses out
Must be best backline in years??

I am pretty sure the Representative Pathway has changed this year, and it is my understanding that there is a chance none of those boys will play for GPS.
In the past you would hope to get picked for GPS 1st's, then NSW and Australia.
Each state now has the top 30 odd under 18's boys in their "Gen Blue" program, and it is from these that they will pick the Australia Schoolboys/Under 18's side. This will make the GPS games and National Schoolboys Championships irrelevant for most boy's vying for higher honours. It will give some boy's not in the Gen Blue squads a chance to impress.
I think the Gen Blue boy's will have to choose if they want to play for GPS, but they have a Gen Blue camp the following weekend and only risk the chance of getting injured by playing with nothing to be gained.
So unfortunately I don't think we will see many of the names mentioned in the forwards and back's playing for GPS as nearly every one of them is in the Gen Blue squad.

Chip kick

Allen Oxlade (6)
Absolutely amazing how you talk about these young boys. I mean young boys as most of them are not yet of 18 yrs of age.
You carry on as if you are picking the National team.
I appeal not only to yourself but also other bloggers on this page to remember that you are writing about teenage boys.
Comments regarding who will be selected and not, along with reasons for and against I image to these young fella's can be taken perhaps unintentionally the wrong way.
I encourage all who contribute to this forum to firstly think about such comments before posting and to also check your facts and figures with regard to these young boys. Some of the stuff written is completely way off the mark.
Be assured people if some of you continue to solicit rubbish comments and facts I will gladly call you out on it.
so remember one and all; Who you are talking about and why you are doing it.
I suspect if it were your son or sons some comments would be, well they would not appear on this page.
Thank you all.
In Meliora Contende

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Joker !! How good were those memes by quick hands

“Free joker”

The place has not been the same without u

It is like a Steve Macqueen moment .in the Great escape . you are back from the brig

And all the boys, are happy to see their fav bad boy

Even if we know u have to be on your best behaviour

I’d post a meme if I knew how.

Ps joker, you do know . its Hotel California. you can check out, but u can never leave

giphy.gif

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
I am pretty sure the Representative Pathway has changed this year, and it is my understanding that there is a chance none of those boys will play for GPS.
In the past you would hope to get picked for GPS 1st's, then NSW and Australia.
Each state now has the top 30 odd under 18's boys in their "Gen Blue" program, and it is from these that they will pick the Australia Schoolboys/Under 18's side. This will make the GPS games and National Schoolboys Championships irrelevant for most boy's vying for higher honours. It will give some boy's not in the Gen Blue squads a chance to impress.
I think the Gen Blue boy's will have to choose if they want to play for GPS, but they have a Gen Blue camp the following weekend and only risk the chance of getting injured by playing with nothing to be gained.
So unfortunately I don't think we will see many of the names mentioned in the forwards and back's playing for GPS as nearly every one of them is in the Gen Blue squad.

My reading of the Representative Pathway map is that there are two distinct pathways to the Gen Blue squad:
1. Club (Colts/SJRU/Country etc) AND/OR;
2. Schools (GPS/CAS/CHS etc)
So yes, the Gen Blue squad is the one from which the U18's National and schools team is picked. There is also a Schools Barbarians team which offers a second bite of the (National) cherry. There is a good map here:
https://www.shuteshield.com/nswjru-u18-rep-pathway-2019/

So my read is that the GPS games are still very relevant as the pathway into the NSW schools teams which then feed into the Gen Blue academy alongside the club pathway. I could be wrong on my read of this however.

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
My reading of the Representative Pathway map is that there are two distinct pathways to the Gen Blue squad:
1. Club (Colts/SJRU/Country etc) AND/OR;
2. Schools (GPS/CAS/CHS etc)
So yes, the Gen Blue squad is the one from which the U18's National and schools team is picked. There is also a Schools Barbarians team which offers a second bite of the (National) cherry. There is a good map here:
https://www.shuteshield.com/nswjru-u18-rep-pathway-2019/

So my read is that the GPS games are still very relevant as the pathway into the NSW schools teams which then feed into the Gen Blue academy alongside the club pathway. I could be wrong on my read of this however.

That pathway is correct, however the Under 18's Gen Blue Squad for 2019 was picked from club and schools players last September, so those players already selected will not be required to follow that pathway. That pathway allows any boy's who have missed selection to impress and force their way into the squad for that year, or year 11 boy's to gain selection in Gen Blue for the following year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Let the games begin:

Newington v Joeys at Stanmore

Riverview v Kings at Lane Cove

Shore v Scots at Northbridge

3rds
Joeys v Shore at Hunters Hill
Shore v High at Northbridge
Grammar v TAS at Rushcutters Bay

great-roman-games-173-1_w600.jpg

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Let the games begin:

Newington v Joeys at Stanmore

Shore v Scots at Northbridge

3rds
Joeys v Shore at Hunters Hill
Scots v High at Bellevue Hill
Grammar v TAS at Rushcutters Bay

great-roman-games-173-1_w600.jpg

Thanks Quick Hands. Here is my preview of the 3rd XV Round 3.

3rd XV Comp - Round 3

Riverview v Kings @ Lane Cove
This is the match of the round for mine, and should be a great curtain raiser for the 1sts and 2nds. The home side has two wins from two matches, but will be tested by a Kings team desperate to stay in touch with the competition leaders. I expect Riverview will prevail in a really close one.

Grammar v TAS @ Rushcutters Bay
Both teams are coming of round two victories and will want to capitalise on their momentum. TAS showed great courage in their close win over Shore last week. Grammar defeated Kings and are probably slight favourites at home. This match could go either way.

Scots v High @ Bellevue Hill
Scots and High are both searching for their first win and this should be a close tussle. High had a promising second half against Joeys last match, while Scots went down narrowly to the undefeated Riverview side. We all know that the Bellevue Hill home field advantage is significant and probably tips the scales in favour of Scots.

Joeys v Shore @ Hunters Hill
On paper this looks to be a tough assignment for Shore. Joeys has defeated TAS and High in consecutive away games, so should be too strong for Shore, especially on #1 at Hunters Hill. Of course these matches often go against the run of form and Shore will be very keen to cause an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.