• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Undefeated Scots and Joeys both home in nail biters.

Next week:
Newington v Scots at Stanmore
Kings v Joeys at North Parramatta
Riverview v Shore at Lane Cove

Back to Newington day at Stanmore and there should be a full house for the match of the round.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
New1st 57-0
New 2nds 12-7
New 16As 21-7
Shore 15As 17-12
New14As 41-0
New 13As was told by a lot

Got to have dinner give a report on the matches I saw later.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
New1st 57-0
New 2nds 12-7
New 16As 21-7
Shore 15As 17-12
New14As 41-0
New 13As was told by a lot

Got to have dinner give a report on the matches I saw later.

The 1st XV game was a remarkably tough and Difficult game for Newington despite the score. Shore started with a dominance in both possession and territory, but failed to score as Newington's defence proved more than a Match for Shore's resolute efforts in attack. However, once the New backs got a scent of the ball, it was a case of blistering pace in the attack against a pedestrian defence. Shore simply lacked the pace out wide to counter the Newington attack. Hence, a 35-0 lead by New at half -time was the order the day.

A further 22 points were added in the second half, again, the New backs proved if given free reign they unstoppable. But showed a capacity to attack the New Line, only again to be stopped. However, in the last 5-10 minutes Shore's defence tightened up and Shore proved they could stop the New backs.

In other games, Shore can take immense pleasure in defeating the New 15As. Shore had more passion in their forwards and this was the difference between the two sides.

16As proved their strength with another strong display, despite a slow start.

14As won 41-0 with a full strength side, with some brilliant attacking backline. z

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
An absolute nail biter at BH today, Scots were their own worst enemy again today small mistakes and penalities now have to be considered part of their game, they are giving away 20 plus penalties per game and countless turnovers, they have been extremely lucky to have gotten away with it with View and today with Kings. I have absolutely no doubt that if they don’t stamp this out there is little chance we will beat New and zero that we will beat Joeys. Scots had at least 65 percent possession today and was in Kings 22 for 20 minutes at one stage but kept turning the ball ovef time and again. I feel for Kingsmen today their defence today was amazing and they played to exhaustion, cudos to the boys from Paramatta. I think next week New v Scots and Kings v Joeys maybe the underdogs will bite the hardest .......

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Scores from the bush. Thirds TAS 12 SBH 10, Seconds TAS 21 SBH 11, Firsts TAS 24, SBH 10

Hey Jim, congratulations on TAS winning all three grades at home.
Four wins in a row for the TAS 1st XV.
Joeys 3rds were able to overcome a strong Riverview team 17-7 today at Hunters Hill but the competition remains very tight.
Cheers INP.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Hey Jim, congratulations on TAS winning all three grades at home.
Four wins in a row for the TAS 1st XV.
Joeys 3rds were able to overcome a strong Riverview team 17-7 today at Hunters Hill but the competition remains very tight.
Cheers INP.

Thanks, INP! :) The comp is tight, but SJC have to be favoured with two rounds to go.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
SDW he looked dangerous scored one clear break try but was shut down in most plays ........ I think the weight of possession for Scots obviously makes it hard to score if you don’t have the ball ....... it was a good match up between him and Tyrell (year10 Scots) 1 try each

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
bad break to his left thumb - bone protruding, pointing one way and the rest his of thumb going the other. Very nasty.

other scores from HH
  • 13As - Joeys 24 View14
  • 14As - Joeys 31 View 24
  • 15As - Joeys 40 View 5
  • 16As - Joeys 24 View 5
  • 3rds - Joeys 17 View 7
  • 2nds - Joeys 21 View 7
  • 1sts - Joeys 34 View 23

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
An absolute nail biter at BH today, Scots were their own worst enemy again today small mistakes and penalities now have to be considered part of their game, they are giving away 20 plus penalties per game and countless turnovers, they have been extremely lucky to have gotten away with it with View and today with Kings. I have absolutely no doubt that if they don’t stamp this out there is little chance we will beat New and zero that we will beat Joeys. Scots had at least 65 percent possession today and was in Kings 22 for 20 minutes at one stage but kept turning the ball ovef time and again. I feel for Kingsmen today their defence today was amazing and they played to exhaustion, cudos to the boys from Paramatta. I think next week New v Scots and Kings v Joeys maybe the underdogs will bite the hardest ...

I agree Rob.
It was painful to watch at times.
So many dropped passes within 5 metres of the Kings line.
Penalty after penalty for stupid mistakes.
Scots will need to do far better next week.
They are a good side but are lucky to be 3 wins from 3.
Newington are highly capable and will be far fitter than when the teams met in a preseason trial.
On current form I wouldn't bet against New at home cheered on by a contingent of highly vocal old boys who loathe the boys from Bellevue Hill.
It should be a cracker!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Robhart, how did Sualli go? Kings would be a chance against joeys.
He went great, made plenty of metres and a fantastic individual try. He marked an old teammate from the juniors that scots have got hold of, also in year 10, and he scored the winning try. Today was the first time they have played against each other apparently. You could see their camaraderie after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.