• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

T

The Hammer

There has been no trial games and no crowd hence no chatter.
N7, it’s H

Nonetheless I will be keen to see what they bring to the table against an, in my opinion underestimated, view outfit.

Shore could raise some eyebrows, maybe demand a bit of respect from opposing colleges.

Hammer.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have been told that the Joeys v Scots 1st and 2nd XV games ‘may’ be streamed.
Make of that what you will.

Joeys Rugby, their excellent twitter service will be cranked back into life this Saturday with the first official rugby trials

https://twitter.com/JoeysRugby

EexE0zsU8AE-XQ0

T

The Hammer

Joker, it’s H

Any word on streams from around the ground,

View v Shore and maybe Scots v Joeys, any word on streams for the other games.

Hammer.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Joker, it’s H

Any word on streams from around the ground,

View v Shore and maybe Scots v Joeys, any word on streams for the other games.

Hammer.

Well all I can tell you is that the YouTube streams are all being handled by Clutch TV channel
The video are all UNLISTED so you wont be able to find them in a search.
I think Joeys are weighing up this considering because

1. Its a trial game
I have noted that Joeys v View FOOTBALL Round 1 is being broadcast which strengthens this guess

2. Joeys have "Joeys Rugby" on twitter which does a damn good job (I am biased though) in covering results and updates of the senior games.

In the past Joeys have always been hesitant to broadcast the students as there is an issue with privacy. Schools cannot broadcast without the written permission from the players and students OF both schools.

T

The Hammer

TDO, it’s H

Has the young fella got any word on how the View firsts are shaping up this week?

Hammer.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Well all I can tell you is that the YouTube streams are all being handled by Clutch TV channel
The video are all UNLISTED so you wont be able to find them in a search.
I think Joeys are weighing up this considering because

1. Its a trial game
I have noted that Joeys v View FOOTBALL Round 1 is being broadcast which strengthens this guess

2. Joeys have "Joeys Rugby" on twitter which does a damn good job (I am biased though) in covering results and updates of the senior games.

In the past Joeys have always been hesitant to broadcast the students as there is an issue with privacy. Schools cannot broadcast without the written permission from the players and students OF both schools.

Cluch TV told me they are not supposed to give out the links to the school live streams at the request of the schools. Shore have only made theirs available via a secure portal. Seems like NSW Junior Rugby has overstepped the mark by releasing them to Facebook.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sharing is caring

I hope if joeys do a livestream it is made known

As I know scots rugby committee plan to do the same

Altgh I did hear scots trying to somehow turn into money raising exercise

Which would be disappointing... the athletics stream was good

Ps see Souths picked up the scots underage star... Terrell... altgh I guess he is no longer that underage

Isn’t he year 11? Also Waverley Davy Moale picked up on a contract...

I thought league wasn’t allowed to stitch them up until 18 ... maybe I’ve answered my own question and both Souths recruits are 18

T

the Business

Sharing is caring

Which would be disappointing. the athletics stream was good

Ps see Souths picked up the scots underage star. Terrell. altgh I guess he is no longer that underage

Isn’t he year 11? Also Waverley Davy Moale picked up on a contract.

I thought league wasn’t allowed to stitch them up until 18 . maybe I’ve answered my own question and both Souths recruits are 18

Good morning Sonny,

Have you heard anything about the Riverview livestream?

Kind regards,

The business

T

The Hammer

Sharing is caring

Ps see Souths picked up the scots underage star. Terrell. altgh I guess he is no longer that underage

I thought league wasn’t allowed to stitch them up until 18 . maybe I’ve answered my own question and both Souths recruits are 18

SDW, it’s H

Shame to see so many schoolboy stars take their talent to different codes, however I do see the appeal.

My nephew did the same as he did not see the future in Australian rugby.

Hammer.

T

the Business

Sharing is caring

Also terrible to see so much Rugby Union junior talent be poached by the NRL.

Maybe our Super Rugby teams would fare better if there was a way to keep them at the code.

Who has the answers to this?

I don't know but it sure needs to be solved

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Sharing is caring

They can sign them when they are 17.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
N7, it’s H

Thanks for the confirmation, was unsure.

Hammer.

Hammer, it’s Metre Eater (THE) here.
Hope you’re well.
I know you are a Riverview insider, so I was wondering if you have any news regarding this weekend’s fixtures, specifically, the wet weather scenarios.
Has there been much chatter coming out of the Riverview peninsula regarding the continuation of fixtures this weekend. I would hate to see schoolboy rugby this weekend fall into the clammy hands of a low pressure weather system snaking it’s way down the coast.

Thanks in advance for your correspondence.

I’ve been the Metre Eater.

Brother Joseph

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not much word coming out of the north shore.

However, can’t see it being very close.

Riverview is extremely strong this year despite little talk coming out of the college.

If I was a betting man I’d be putting my money on them.

Watching Shore thirds vs Riverview fourths should be interesting as it will strongly indicate how they will go in the competitive chase for the appropriately named “Col Windon Shield.”

The history behind the shield is actually very fascinating itself.

Cold Windon was an Old Sydneian who went on to captain the Wallabies after playing for the Galloping Greens 1st grade at the age of 18. If he were alive today he may be sorely upset about what’s happened to Grammar’s rugby program, although the win against Newington provides some hope.

Just some interesting history for all you AAGPS fanatics.

Kind regards,

The Business

Thank you, “The Business”,

You’re good at copy pasting the AAGPS trophy web page.

BJ.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)

Sounds awfully familiar

4anvh4.jpg

Nice to see you again Sonny. It seems the year 12's from View have piled in here
So far they have behaved impeccably and have excellent punctuation.
Hope they add to the passion.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Can anyone tell me what the Rugby numbers are like at Riverview as I cant make sense of the match ups for the fixtures against Shore this weekend?

The Shore 8th's and 13F's have byes and the 14F's play Oakhill. However Shore 15E's and 16E's are playing Riverview G's in both age groups. Is there a big intake in year 9 at View?

Maybe one of you Yr12 boys could tell me?;)