• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Meanwhile, the battlers from Bellevue Hill prepare to cross the city to face Goliath

Battlers? Yep I heard. Must be hard drinking domestic wine these days.
Should Joeys parents send Scots care packages?

2A56B75900000578-3153535-image-a-37_1436370129362.jpg

Good to see you again Rob.

T

The Hammer

Greetings, "RT" "Tragic, Rara"

Jack Faddy out for season due to athletics injuries, Matthew Madgewick same but should be back soon.

TDO.

TDO, it’s H

I’ve heard rumours that madgewick is playing in the shore thirds against view fourths. Maybe a quick recovery.

All will be revealed tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Hammer.

T

the Business

@TheHammer, it’s TME addressing your prior comment here, as is quoted above.

I do believe this phenomenon of decreasing depth may by common across a lot of the AAGPS schools. With maybe the exception of Joeys, who are known for their incredible depth and commitment to the game they play in heaven, so to speak, I have been hearing rumours of decreasing team number from many other rugby playing schools in the greater Sydney region.

I was wondering if any of the other Forum-goers are available to comment on this hypothesis? I’d love to see if the depth at other schools like Kings, Scots, Newington or Shore has declined at all.

Cheers,
TME.

Good evening Metre Eater, it’s the Business.

Was speaking with a rugby expert, D Inman, about this topic and he believes both codes of rugby will be non existent in 50 years time due to the dangers that the game entails.

A terrible prediction but one that has some statistical backing due to the innate fear on the behalf of parents these days due to the risk of injury playing the game we all love.

Any other thoughts on this topic?

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Battlers? Yep I heard. Must be hard drinking domestic wine these days.
Should Joeys parents send Scots care packages?

2A56B75900000578-3153535-image-a-37_1436370129362.jpg

Good to see you again Rob.

Joker,

Care packages aren't enough it would seem..

Scots mums loosing their minds over having to get their drop from the Barossa Valley..

TDO.

PS. Is banter allowed on this page, will delete if not.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Good evening Metre Eater, it’s the Business.

Was speaking with a rugby expert, D Inman, about this topic and he believes both codes of rugby will be non existent in 50 years time due to the dangers that the game entails.

A terrible prediction but one that has some statistical backing due to the innate fear on the behalf of parents these days due to the risk of injury playing the game we all love.

Any other thoughts on this topic?

Business, (THE).
Thank you for this interesting take. While I believe this is a possibility, it is also avoidable.
While the numbers of rugby players in the current generation (Generation Z, I believe) have decreased compared to previous years, there are still rugby players nonetheless.
What this means is that they will have children who are introduced to rugby, and the cycle will, ideally repeat.

I am of the belief that the fundamental basis of the game is the social aspect: this is what makes it so great.
If grassroots and schoolboy rugby is continually grown, I think that this prediction by “Inman” may not eventuate.

I suppose time will tell. I’ll get back to you about it in 50 years (LOL!).

Live long and prosper,
TME

T

The Hammer

Forum-goers, it's H

Just thought I would provide my 2 cents on my thoughts about the upcoming 1st XV fixtures.

Riverview vs Shore
Whilst Shore may have a new headmaster and a new coach, the consistent strength of Riverview will be too much for the protestants.
My prediction? View by 21

St Joseph's vs Scots
Whilst Joeys will always be contenders, Scots will be out for revenge and will get the job done. Will be a close one.
My prediction? Scots by 2 (Sorry Joker)

Kings vs Newington
Kings will just be too strong for New.
My prediction? Kings by 19

Bonus Game. Riverview vs Joeys (3rd XV Comp)
Should be a close one but I cant see the lads from Hunters Hill leaving the Fr Mac Pavilion without the win.
My prediction? Joeys by 14

Can't wait.
My itch for schoolboy footy will be scratched tomorrow (AND I WONT EVEN NEED TO LEAVE MY HOUSE!).

Thoughts?

Hammer.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Forum-goers, it's H

Just thought I would provide my 2 cents on my thoughts about the upcoming 1st XV fixtures.

St Joseph's vs Scots
Whilst Joeys will always be contenders, Scots will be out for revenge and will get the job done. Will be a close one.
My prediction? Scots by 2 (Sorry Joker)

Kings vs Newington
Kings will just be too strong for New.
My prediction? Kings by 19

Bonus Game. Riverview vs Joeys (3rd XV Comp)
Should be a close one but I cant see the lads from Hunters Hill leaving the Fr Mac Pavilion without the win.
My prediction? Joeys by 14

Thoughts?

Hammer.

TDO to H,

Regarding Joeys and Scots, will be down to the conversions imo,

Scots have many talented players, Clifton, Aitken and many more.

Will be a close match up, definitely a forwards game as it is in the wet.

Kings vs New, as B&W said they will improve over the season, i concur. Yet New do have lots of talent to show such as Fell. They could be a dark horse, seeing their athletics performance last weekend we will see.

View vs Joeys, Close as it can be, will be raining, lots of opportunities for the forwards to run around the rucks. The Riverview 3rd XV have a large forward pack the pup says. This will go to show under wet conditions.

With all games most likely going to be ruck and scrum based tomorrow, these are my predictions.

Up the Wolves, TDO.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Joker,

PS. Is banter allowed on this page, will delete if not.

Dutch
Banter? Of course just as long as you play the ball and not the man.
Old timers know we do enjoy some fun as long as it does not get nasty or personal.
Leave the CAS schools alone too. Learned that the hard way.

For future reference when i say the following, please read below

Joeys= Cattledogs/Red Roo's/The hardest working team in show business.
Scots-= Dark Empire (led by Lord Lambert)/Mordor marauders/White walkers (GOT reference)
Newington= Wild Wookies/Tongan titans
Kings= Holstein cattle (big bloody pampered cows)
Shore= Shoremen (bravest buggers of all)
Riverview= Lane Cove Lunch Club/Lace brigade

Grammar and High do not get a nickname as that would be like kicking a kitten.

4ap6na.jpg

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Dutch
Old timers know we do enjoy some fun as long as it does not get nasty or personal.

Scots-= Dark Empire (led by Lord Lambert)/Mordor marauders

4ap6na.jpg

Joker,
Love the nicknames. Will be sure to take good note of them.
Would you mind giving me an explanation for the Riverview nicknames? Apart from that, I’m all clear on the others.

Cheers,
TME

T

the Business

Dutch

Scots-= Dark Empire (led by Lord Lambert)/Mordor marauders

4ap6na.jpg

What do you think of TAS Joker.

TB

the discreet poo

Frank Row (1)
TDO to H,

Regarding Joeys and Scots, will be down to the conversions imo,

Scots have many talented players, Clifton, Aitken and many more.

Will be close match up, definitely a forwards game as it is in the wet.

Kings vs New, as B&W said they will improve over the season, i concur. Yet New do have lots of talent to show such as Fell. They could be a dark horse, seeing their athletics performance last weekend we will see.

View vs Joeys, Close as it can be, will be raining, lots of opportunities for the forwards to run around the rucks. The Riverview 3rd XV have a large forward pack the pup says. This will go to show under wet conditions.

With all games most likely going to be ruck and scrum based tomorrow, these are my predictions.

Up the Wolves, TDO.

I believe Scots have acquired the notorious Sam Underhill, AKA "Thunderhill". His sheer body mass and agile feet together complement an inhumane rugby playing style. Often I wonder if his participation in schoolboy rugby should even be considered legal...
This weekends match up, between thunderhill and Okane, will become biblical. Beyond excited for the clash of these titans tomorrow evening.

Regards,

the discreet poo

T

The Hammer

Joker, it's H

Couldn't help but notice this slanderous comment, however you are the resident Joeys enthusiast, and Joeys is the team that wears pink every day. In my opinion, Joeys are indeed the "lace brigade".

Thoughts?

Hammer.

P.s, I'm looking to rustle some feathers with this post, so feel free to give a bit of banter back.

T

The Hammer

Joker, it's H

Couldn't help but notice this slanderous comment, however you are the resident Joeys enthusiast, and Joeys is the team that wears pink every day. In my opinion, Joeys are indeed the "lace brigade".

Thoughts?

Hammer.

P.s, I'm looking to rustle some feathers with this post, so feel free to give a bit of banter back.

Itsnotpink, it's H

Sorry about this post, couldn't help myself.

Hammer.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe Scots have acquired the notorious Sam Underhill, AKA "Thunderhill". His sheer body mass and agile feet together complement an inhumane rugby playing style. Often I wonder if his participation in schoolboy rugby should even be considered legal.
This weekends match up, between thunderhill and Okane, will become biblical. Beyond excited for the clash of these titans tomorrow evening.

Regards,

the discreet poo

TDP,

Playing 3rd XV last year i believe, haven't heard that he is one's, i do know that he has grown in mass tremendously and has acquired a fresh set of footwork he has been working on, that is, speed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he does make the team.

TDO.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
nd Joeys is the team that wears pink every day. In my opinion, Joeys are indeed the "lace brigade".

Really....that old chestnut?
Your comment does "age" you. Remember, real men wear can PINK with confidence.
It great to play rugby in too. Hides the blood stains of the View boys we tear up.
Keep swinging!

4ap7rv.jpg

T

The Hammer

Really..that old chestnut?
It great to play rugby in too. Hides the blood stains of the View boys we tear up.
Keep swinging!

4ap7rv.jpg

Joker, it's H

You've outdone yourself, not the response I was hoping for. I was looking for something more along the lines of:

4ap877.jpg

Hammer.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Really..that old chestnut?
Keep swinging!

4ap7rv.jpg

Love it, Joker.
My neighbour is playing for the Riverview 14 A’s next weekend - do you have any intel on the joeys 14 A’s?

Cheers

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Dutch

Scots-= Dark Empire (led by Lord Lambert)/Mordor marauders/White walkers (GOT reference)

4ap6na.jpg

Dearest Joker,
Don't be like that with your CAS fellows.
After all, it is all banter, and we all look across each site and laugh at times.
The enemy plays 5 kick, or worse that silly round ball.