• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
far more dangerous to walk through Westfield than play rugby in my non medical person opinion.

4c1zh0.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Rumours are GPS is back on! Just a one week delay.. thank the rugby gods!

I think it will be and I suspect that it will involve all matches having to be played on grounds inside the school perimeters. These can be controlled so that only players and schools staff are allowed access.

IGSSA girls schools hockey missed last week and is back on this week in a zonal format - Queenwood, Loreto K, Monte, Wenona, Roseville and Ravenswood in a northern grouping. Not exactly analogous to GPS, but the point being that they have been able to satisfy the government of their safety measures.

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi all,
I usually just observe on the forum. But I must express my discontent with the handling of the GPS sporting season by NSW Health. The hypocrisy is blinding. Community sport allowed, school sport not? School sport is apparently unsafe?? How many cases of transmission have we had from sport in NSW: the answer is 0. I think it would be fair to say school sport has been a ray of hope in an otherwise pretty bad year for these school boys- and NSW health is denying this privilege also.
I'm not looking to spawn conspiracy theories or attract ire- I'm just flat out disappointed.
Hopefully we can get back to what we all love as soon as possible- schoolboy Rugby.

TBE

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it will be and I suspect that it will involve all matches having to be played on grounds inside the school perimeters. These can be controlled so that only players and schools staff are allowed access.

IGSSA girls schools hockey missed last week and is back on this week in a zonal format - Queenwood, Loreto K, Monte, Wenona, Roseville and Ravenswood in a northern grouping. Not exactly analogous to GPS, but the point being that they have been able to satisfy the government of their safety measures.
The few GPS rugby games so far have been clinical in their implementation of safety measures. Strict enforcement of minimalist spectators, and guided movement in and out of people between games.
They have already demonstrated that GPS rugby can put on games with low risk community safety procedures in place.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Breaking News NSW Sports Minster Geoff Lee has said that the GPS sports comp CAN proceed tomorrow, its now up to schools ......

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Breaking News NSW Sports Minster Geoff Lee has said that the GPS sports comp CAN proceed tomorrow, its now up to schools ..

Thanks Rob: https://www.2gb.com/confusion-over-cancelled-gps-sport-as-minister-confirms-it-can-go-ahead/

I guess the disappointing thing about this is that it took the GPS committee until Friday morning to get a clarification however community sport had clarity by Wednesday. We could have got a round in this weekend if not for the delay (or there might be a complication we aren't aware of).

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
SJRU Revised Draw seems to have materially confined teams to playing against other teams in their geographic vicinity with a few exceptions that I suspect have to do with a dearth of local competition. But on this basis I can see no reason Why GPS Rugby could not resume next week. If it’s OK for Burraneer to play Manly or Hunters Hill to play Blacktown, I’m not sure why Kings can’t play Scots, or Joeys can’t play Newington.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok everyone.
Lets see how this weekend stacks up.
The first round of 2020 as seen through the cerise and blue eyes of Joker

Shore v Riverview

In the past you would expect the Lane Cove wolf pack to shove a fresh asparagus spear through the heart of the brave Shoremen. What makes this year different seems to be belief and faith. While the Anglican Puritans of North Sydney have never been lacking in protestant faith (thankfully put in place by Bishop Barry all those years ago) but now it is belief that swells beneath their boaters. With the appointment of proper Rugby Admiral to stir the blue navy boys rugby program, there is now a whiff of excitement in the air for the Shore lads. Have the winds changed? Mothers seem to know. They are shining their Bentley's, wicker picnic baskets are being stocked with imported cheese, French wines and Italian prosciutto (plus those lovely water crackers from the UK). This will not be a given result for the Lane Cove Wolves anymore. I say Shore by six fresh watercress sandwiches. #ShoreExpects

4c5jzv.jpg

Scots v Newington
Many years ago the sounds of large lumps of flesh smashing into one another was not just come from the bath houses of Oxford Street. No, it was also from highland field of Bellevue when they hosted the equally large lads of Newington. The Wookies seem to be going through slump with a steady decline of rugby numbers being propped up with Tongan cousins flying before the curfew hit. The trials have seen Newington loose to a rampant Kings and they disposed of an ever improving Shore. This weekend they take on a much strengthened Scots team buoyed by the fact two losses mean nothing (what's loss anyway these days) against both GPS contenders and now the season proper can begin. Being played at the Death Star helps enormously (most of the time unless you play a team that has those pesky tie fighters) I cannot see Newington making head way unless they have devious plan to infiltrate the......I do digress. There will be no Tongan drums to drown out the Cranbrook Hill bag pipes (best COVID-19 view in the GPS). Scots by a dozen storm troopers.

4c5ka4.jpg

Joeys v Kings
This round has always been viewed as a country catch up with the cattle kings of Kings sharing stories with the wheat/sheep farmers of Joeys. In this round though the car park and surrounding streets shall be quiet, the outstanding BBQ service null and hence the locals will not know themselves with such quiet and no one parking in their drive way. Kings in 2020 have been ruthless and efficient. The trial wins against Newington plus a good smacking of Scots have primed them well and the cattle seem to be doing well with out $uaalii. Joeys though is not as clear cut. Injuries have hurt preparation plus the kitchens have been churning out ordinary stodge to provide inspiration (thank goodness the Monday night chicken schnitzel still prevails). Joeys key will be the same as was in 2018 and 2019....blunt force defense. Watch how Joeys strive to allow attacking teams 10m only and push them back. Scots ran the ball side to side but didn't make inroads. Riverview wolf pack to their credit were able to eventually break down Joeys will 20+ phases. Are the Kings cattle ready for such heavy work? Joeys will use this constant aggressive defense as a weapon and then will unleash the cattle dogs to score out wide. This game will break the internet. Too close to call but I am saying Joeys by 3 bushels.

4c5knf.jpg