• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thanks Rob: https://www.2gb.com/confusion-over-cancelled-gps-sport-as-minister-confirms-it-can-go-ahead/

I guess the disappointing thing about this is that it took the GPS committee until Friday morning to get a clarification however community sport had clarity by Wednesday. We could have got a round in this weekend if not for the delay (or there might be a complication we aren't aware of).
Maybe plan B - internal games this weekend, start the GPS season for all age groups one week late next weekend, and schedule a mid week fixture for 1sts to 3rds to complete the comp for them.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
No games this weekend, and it will be round 2 next weekend.
They will have to catch up the Round 1 games at the end of the season.

Ok then lets see how this works

Round 2- 29 August
Round 3- 5 September
Round 4- 12 September
Round 5- 19 September

TERM ENDS
Joeys - 24 September
Newington - 25 September
Riverview - 24 September
Scots - 24 September
Shore - 24 September
Kings - 25 September

Round 1- ????? Ideas? Term IV?

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
They'd have to play the last round in that last week wouldn't they - 24th or 25th September? Or at the latest on that Saturday 26th. I know Rugby is like a god at some GPS schools, but surely even they wouldn't drag it into Term 4 when the Yr 12's have their HSC exams on.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
1 new case in NSW!!!!

Are they serious..NSW health?!

I think the lunatics are running the asylum

I am going to friggin buy myself a crate of hand sanitizer!!

Joker ... you and your memes are the only thing keeping me from having a full blown tanty

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Ok everyone.
Lets see how this weekend stacks up.
The first round of 2020 as seen through the cerise and blue eyes of Joker

Shore v Riverview

In the past you would expect the Lane Cove wolf pack to shove a fresh asparagus spear through the heart of the brave Shoremen. What makes this year different seems to be belief and faith. While the Anglican Puritans of North Sydney have never been lacking in protestant faith (thankfully put in place by Bishop Barry all those years ago) but now it is belief that swells beneath their boaters. With the appointment of proper Rugby Admiral to stir the blue navy boys rugby program, there is now a whiff of excitement in the air for the Shore lads. Have the winds changed? Mothers seem to know. They are shining their Bentley's, wicker picnic baskets are being stocked with imported cheese, French wines and Italian prosciutto (plus those lovely water crackers from the UK). This will not be a given result for the Lane Cove Wolves anymore. I say Shore by six fresh watercress sandwiches. #ShoreExpects

4c5jzv.jpg

Come on now Joker. I know you’re a diehard Joeys fan but I’m not sure how you can predict Shore over Riverview, especially given Riverview’s flogging of Shore only a mere 2 weeks ago. It would seem that the rivalry has clouded your otherwise Precise judgement!

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Update from AAGPS

AAGPS Sports Update – 21 August 2020

On Tuesday 18 August 2020, AAGPS Chairman, Mr Mark Ticehurst announced that all AAGPS 2020 winter sport competitions and fixtures were suspended immediately. This decision was taken in response to advice from NSW Health published on 14 August 2020.

The AAGPS notes some media reports about different opinions and possibilities for a return of GPS winter sports. GPS winter sports are school-based rather than community-based competitions. This means that our reference point is advice provided by NSW Health for minimising the risk of COVID-19 transmission in school communities. This advice differs to advice for community-based sport.

The AAGPS wants to be clear that above all, it will follow the advice of NSW Health and other relevant authorities in this matter and will always act in the best interests of the health and wellbeing of students and staff.
Within these parameters, the AAGPS will continue discussions with the relevant authorities and consider a return to a modified schedule of winter sport if it is approved and COVID-safe. We are working productively with government and health authorities.

The response to the pandemic has required all parts of society to adjust as new information comes to hand. The GPS is no different. The AAGPS will continue to monitor and act accordingly throughout the remainder of 2020.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Come on now Joker. I know you’re a diehard Joeys fan but I’m not sure how you can predict Shore over Riverview, especially given Riverview’s flogging of Shore only a mere 2 weeks ago. It would seem that the rivalry has clouded your otherwise Precise judgement!

Since you have been here a mere 5 minutes the you wouldn't know why each week I tip shore.

Because deep down, even inside the black hearts of Jesuits, there is a desire for all men to see some goodness to come this world. Shore struggle, but unlike others, they have not quit, have not turned their back on the 1st and 2nd XV competition, but they still fight on. Underdogs to the end and hence they have won my support NOT snide derision like others heap upon them. READ the AAGPS 2017, 2018, 2019 threads and you will see I have been hoping that Shore turn it around. I have tipped them to beat everyone Scots, Kings, Newington, Disgracious and even Joeys in 2017 (we were ordinary) BUT tip them I have knowing one day they shall prevail.

Finally, my judgement has never been precise. God knows old timers here know this. They come for my humor, food reviews, nicknames, coffee updates, pie comparisons, BBQ menus and not my astute rugby nous. If I had this I wouldn't be here. I tip with my heart, stomach and my extensive knowledge of GPS rugby history.

4c65rg.jpg

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
Since you have been here a mere 5 minutes the you wouldn't know why each week I tip shore.

Because deep down, even inside the black hearts of Jesuits, there is a desire for all men to see some goodness to come this world. Shore struggle, but unlike others, they have not quit, have not turned their back on the 1st and 2nd XV competition, but they still fight on. Underdogs to the end and hence they have won my support NOT snide derision like others heap upon them. READ the AAGPS 2017, 2018, 2019 threads and you will see I have been hoping that Shore turn it around. I have tipped them to beat everyone Scots, Kings, Newington, Disgracious and even Joeys in 2017 (we were ordinary) BUT tip them I have knowing one day they shall prevail.

Finally, my judgement has never been precise. God knows old timers here know this. They come for my humor, food reviews, nicknames, coffee updates, pie comparisons, BBQ menus and not my astute rugby nous. If I had this I wouldn't be here. I tip with my heart, stomach and my extensive knowledge of GPS rugby history.

4c65rg.jpg

Joker have you seen the new strength and conditioning facility at Shore? If this doesn't turn around their rugby program I don't know what other monetary investment will.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker have you seen the new strength and conditioning facility at Shore? If this doesn't turn around their rugby program I don't know what other monetary investment will.

Well it worked at Scots, that plus some special milkshakes and burgers from Plumer Road. Hope they have good people running it too. That can be key. My son tells me the sessions he gets from K.O'Kane can be brutal as he is sooooo old school in his approach. Hard work and plenty of it.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)

4c65rg.jpg
Joker, apologies for my foolhardiness. I guess I was too quick to jump the gun - perhaps I let the rivalry get the better of myself.
I must agree, it is admirable that Shore continue to fight on. When Shore wins, the AAGPS wins.

TME.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Shores time is coming - I am told there are 2 very strong age groups. The current U16 being one so 2021 & 2022 should see a much improved Shore 1st XV.

And if they get to play Newington again this year, they have a good chance of getting their first GPS Win since 2016.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Joker, what do you think it is that has caused Joeys’ historical dominance? How is it that Joeys are such a force to be reckoned with in the AAGPS rugby competition? Is it a structural matter, or simply an unstemmable flow of pure talent?
Would love to find out

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
Well it worked at Scots, that plus some special milkshakes and burgers from Plumer Road. Hope they have good people running it too. That can be key. My son tells me the sessions he gets from K.O'Kane can be brutal as he is sooooo old school in his approach. Hard work and plenty of it.
Good to hear the boys at Joey's are getting worked hard by one of the best. Nothing like a bit of tough love.

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
Shores time is coming - I am told there are 2 very strong age groups. The current U16 being one so 2021 & 2022 should see a much improved Shore 1st XV.

And if they get to play Newington again this year, they have a good chance of getting their first GPS Win since 2016.
What a fixture last week between Newington and Shore. Shore very unlucky to not break the drought, although Newington were significantly improved after losing to Grammar the week before. Hopefully the two will meet again if NSW health keep their act together.