• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
G’day gents
Just moved from Brisbane to Sydney for my accounting job and being a real footy head myself and an ex Nudgee boy I wanted to get the lay of the land in all forms of Schoolboy rugby. Finally have the coin to send my boy to a private school and me and the missus have decided on Joeys. He’s starting next year and I’m really keen for him to get into footy, having played in the Nudgee 1st 15 myself.
Anyway, sorry for that long introduction but hopefully I can provide some good analysis in the future.
Welcome Alexander, feel free to partake in any conversation as long as it's rugby related (I'm sure you know how this works.) I'm sure your son will be well looked after at Joeys. Many Joey's fans on this forum, and rightly so- probably the best rugby school in NSW, and by extension Australia.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone got any news on whether or not the season is starting back up? I’m hearing lots of different things from lots of people?

Anyone got some concrete info?

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone got any news on whether or not the season is starting back up? I’m hearing lots of different things from lots of people?

Anyone got some concrete info?
From my understanding: There is no sport this weekend. Sport reccomences next weekend in the same format pre NSW Health's intervention, however next weekend will be round 2.
As for the rescheduling of round 1, we can only speculate, although I've heard it may be played mid week.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Welcome Alexander, feel free to partake in any conversation as long as it's rugby related (I'm sure you know how this works.) I'm sure your son will be well looked after at Joeys. Many Joey's fans on this forum, and rightly so- probably the best rugby school in NSW, and by extension Australia.

Since 2013 Scots have won the first XV premiership 5 times, no other school more than twice.
Joeys tied second with Newington on 2 premierships.
I let the results speak for themselves. and yes JOKER fully aware of the Joeys victories when shorts reached below the knee and the old leather ball weighed 5 kilos in the wet.
Our new accounting friend should adopt the same attitude as the tax office and dismiss anything more than 7 years old.
Scots would have been a far better investment;)
Welcome Alexander.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Yes, Joeys have struggled Wristy.
Just can't find Scots on this table

EgAFPgKUMAE-zZx

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Dont you just love statistics...

In the 19 years between Scots premierships (1993 to 2013)
Joeys won 22 1st and 2nd XV premierships
All with short shorts and modern rugby balls.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Interesting point Joker. How do measure success? Does Grammars early success make it a better Rugby school that Scots?
If anyone has any ways to measure the success of a Rugby School, I invite you to comment.

We could go Wallaby representatives, and Australian Schoolboy players as well.
I know Joeys have produced 57 Wallabies, 82 Waratahs and 103 Australian School boys

While I am here lets do the Australian schoolboy numbers (since 1973)

Joeys 103
Kings 57
Scots 48
View 45
Newington 39
Shore 23
High 17
Armidale 7
Grammar 5

Brother Joseph

Frank Nicholson (4)
I know Joeys have produced 57 Wallabies, 82 Waratahs and 103 Australian School boys

Joeys 103
Kings 57
Scots 48
View 45
Newington 39
Shore 23
High 17
Armidale 7
Grammar 5

I've said it before and I'll say it time and time again.

it's a bloody Cerise-a-thon

Cerise here, cerise there, cerise everywhere.

Brother Joseph

Frank Nicholson (4)
While we're on the topic Joker,

do you have any stats about QLD GPS Aus schoolboys in comparison?

In the meantime I've been BJ, stay awesome.

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)

Joeys 103
Kings 57
Scots 48
View 45
Newington 39
Shore 23
High 17
Armidale 7
Grammar 5

Interesting. By this metric Grammar is a very bad rugby school, or so it would seem in the Post Whitlam Era (if that's what you want to call it).
Alot more schoolboys coming out of High than I would've expected. Where are they now?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
While we're on the topic Joker,

do you have any stats about QLD GPS Aus schoolboys in comparison?

In the meantime I've been BJ, stay awesome.

Give me a day I will find them all.
Please in the meantime give me the names of the schools I should be looking for.
I know Nudgee is second to the best joeys with 87