• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

J

Jonny Quinn

Shores time is coming - I am told there are 2 very strong age groups. The current U16 being one so 2021 & 2022 should see a much improved Shore 1st XV.

And if they get to play Newington again this year, they have a good chance of getting their first GPS Win since 2016.

Shore with a new coach this year and two very stronge age groups coming through have great potential in the 2021 season....

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
It would appear as though we have some schoolboys on our hands.

Seriously, it’s almost like they’ve got nothing better to do.
Aren’t you all in the middle of trials?? Come on guys, get the HSC over and done with and then you can come and play with the big boys on the forums.

TheBlumpkinEnthusiast

Stan Wickham (3)
It would appear as though we have some schoolboys on our hands.
Come on Big Papi, as long as their contributing to their forums there's no harm done. Let's not be elitists, and have open arms inviting all rugby relevant opinions into the forum. I think it would be very helpful to have some insights from the up and coming Shore age groups- as Joker says "a strong Shore is a strong GPS"

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Come on Big Papi, as long as their contributing to their forums there's no harm done. Let's not be elitists, and have open arms inviting all rugby relevant opinions into the forum. I think it would be very helpful to have some insights from the up and coming Shore age groups- as Joker says "a strong Shore is a strong GPS"

Shore Under14s looking very strong. Think they have only lost 2 games from the 10 played so far vs Riverview / Newington / Grammar.
Under 13s have a lot of numbers but the As have suffered 2 defeats to NC and View. There has been a lot of players moved up and down the grades in the 13s during the trials while the coaches work on selections.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While we're on the topic Joker,

do you have any stats about QLD GPS Aus schoolboys in comparison?

In the meantime I've been BJ, stay awesome.

Nudgee - 87
The Southport School - 65
Brisbane State High - 63
Churchie - 38
Brisbane Grammar School - 33
Ipswich Grammar School - 33
Gregory Terrace - 33
BBC - 22
Toowoomba Grammar School - 15

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
It sure would appear that way... with 120 premierships to his name north of the Tweed (Gregory Terrace is also known as St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace).
On that note, I know it’s a bit off topic, but the story between Nudgee and Terrace is quite fascinating. Terrace was the original school, but when they opened a new campus at Nudgee to accomodate the growing numbers of boarders, they held a rugby match to determine who kept the iconic blue and white butchers stripes. As fate would have it, the Nudgee side emerged victorious and we’re given the Blue and White strip, and Terrace adopted the diametrically opposes colours - red and black.
Little bit of trivia to brighten your Monday night!

TME.

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone have the reason why yesterday's meeting with Kerry Chant was postponed?
Any word on if its happening today?
This is a joke for the boys who may / may not be playing this Saturday.....(and who were supposed to play last weekend)