• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Newington v Riverview
Nothing screams home ground advantage than Newington. While the Wookies struggle playing on other home worlds, the lads of Stanmore like nothing more than playing on their home patch. With bellies full of taro, yams, bananas, coconuts and of course seafood, and the with tribal drums beating, Newington can be a dangerous animal at home. The Wolves though will be aware of this. While they were handed their respective backsides by the Cattlemen of Kings, the "pack" shall be look for redemption. Plenty of View parents were embarrassed that their Mionetto Prosecco Brut went flat. Will they find their "fizz" again at Stanmore? Keys to View winning will be their discipline, but if a Wookies gets under their skin, View are known for throwing a tantrum and hence lose focus. Newington I am sure will be "going the niggle " and will aim to put View off their game. My head says View, but my soul (and stomach) says Newington. Wookies by 6.

4dso0e.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Kings v Scots
In the past the dark empire would easily traverse the universe enforcing their Presbyterian mantra over all. BUT in the recent couple of years the empire of the east has looked tired, predictable and may I add, a little doubtful?? Scots are looking at the poorest season result for a long time. The days of the great chambers, magic milkshakes may be behind them as the other schools have worked out how to penetrate the Imperial fortress. How did they get the plans? Was it that awful Joker who was recently seen trying to sneak again? Scots will of course try very hard as "their forefathers' demand such results, but they now have another Everest to climb. Joeys, Kings, Joeys then Kings again. 0-4 looms large. The landed gentry of Parramatta
are rolling along with an ominous air to them. Scots may just be a small speed hump for the cattlemen this weekend. It seems Lord Lambert and his minions may have to try something radical in the future and actually spend money on ALL Scots teams and not the ones at the pointy end. That's how you build a fortress, from the ground up! Kings by 20 cow pats.

4dspmq.jpg

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone know much about Newington’s wet weather facilities? My boy is meant to be playing early in the morning on Johnson 1 but I’m a bit concerned about the forecast wet weather. Is anyone able to tell me whether or not they reckon the games will be on?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Anyone know much about Newington’s wet weather facilities? My boy is meant to be playing early in the morning on Johnson 1 but I’m a bit concerned about the forecast wet weather. Is anyone able to tell me whether or not they reckon the games will be on?

Experience has told me that Johnson would be fine.
It has improved its drainage and is a fine surface. B&W could confirm.

Meanwhile.
  • In the case of inclement weather please contact Newington's Wet Weather phone number 02 9432 1222
  • Newington will communicate any game cancellations at approximately 7am (morning fixtures) and 11am (afternoon fixtures)
  • Newington apologise to those parents who are inconvenienced by this approach for inclement weather cancellations.
27c46aab359e5480a48278548723da31.jpg

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)

Meanwhile.
  • In the case of inclement weather please contact Newington's Wet Weather phone number 02 9432 1222
  • Newington will communicate any game cancellations at approximately 7am (morning fixtures) and 11am (afternoon fixtures)
  • Newington apologise to those parents who are inconvenienced by this approach for inclement weather cancellations.

Cheers joker - hopefully all games tomorrow can go ahead as planned!

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

Meanwhile.
1. That kid's family would surely have that photo in the poolroom.
2. I wonder what he looked like after he played his scheduled game.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
SJC No 1 progress score:

Joeys 14A 0
Shore 14A 21
at halftime.

Shore look very slick. Well drilled. Team to watch in future.
Joeys trying hard after two quick tries early.
The Joeys 14's are the weakest age group this season (on results)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Nothing happening here.
Typical. The new norm is home made grille cheese sandwich while watching for Cluch to get their act together.
No bloody pies too!