• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Tipping someone to beat them isn't actually 'disputing their ability,' it just means someone has a different opinion to yours.

I notice that you tipped Riverview to beat Kings last week. Does that mean that you disputed the ability of the Kings team?
I would also not be unhappy if someone made a “told you so post.” It was a rough tip on my behalf. Apologies.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Just to clear things up, I am not an “anti-importer,” I support whatever makes a stronger AAGPS competition and Australian rugby as whole.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Of course. But imagine the comments some would be making if roles were reversed and a Newington team suddenly became competitive with an influx of boarders. ;)

I think most of us (maybe not Big Papi) are over the days of accusing other schools of handing out scho******ps or im****ing (I’m sure you can fill in the blanks).
The way I see it, you can’t expect each age group to remain stagnant in ability and competitiveness from year to year. Of course, schools will get in new students here and there, but the main thing to remember is that we are talking about teenage boys here - players will grow and develop as the years go on, and, undoubtedly, some more than others.

Can you expand on why the coaching has improved interested in what they have done and who deserves a wrap.

I don’t have any specific names but all I know is that the school has taken a different approach to this age group, seeing how close they are to competing in the opens competition. My nephew tells me there is a higher level of accountability coming from both leaders within the team and from the coaches. Another thing he tells me they are focussed on doing is getting the basics down pat - set pieces, as I hear, have been a major focus at trainings and it would seem that it’s been working well for them.

But still, this age group at view still has a way to go, and we saw that today through their loss to Newington.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I could say something but I know Cyclopath has his evil eye for me.
You're not special, I regard this whole thread, and any schoolboy thread, with the same level of reservation. 90% of all moderation on this site is on a small handful of schools threads. The number of reported posts, and complaints made would boggle your mind.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
I could say something but I know Cyclopath has his evil eye for me.

I don't think Cyclo' has his evil eye on you, he's an old Grammarian who does a decent job keeping us on task. I know you make him laugh pretty hard at times Jokerman ;).

“I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.” - Captain Woodrow F Call, Lonesome Dove.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
I have been watching some of this Rob. Scots have showed up today!
Kings seemed not as fluid as I thought.
Would there be an upset here just like Battle of Bannockburn when they sent the English home to "think again"

My fav version.

watch

Not a bad rendition at all Joker. But at risk of devolving this forum into a discussion group about the Scottish national anthem, I thought I’d throw my two cents in.
I tend to prefer the rendition attached below, performed by Ronnie Browne along with a few bagpipers and 50,000 fired up Scottish soccer fans. Interestingly, Browne was in the same band as the original creator of the song, Roy Williamson, who has since passed away when this video was filmed.
Enjoy:

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You're not special, I regard this whole thread, and any schoolboy thread, with the same level of reservation. 90% of all moderation on this site is on a small handful of schools threads. The number of reported posts, and complaints made would boggle your mind.
You know what cyclo....your level of control is pissweak. We have all these schoolboy idiots on the CAS chat who make inane and stupid comments, and u do nothing to keep the level of chat at a normal level.

i reckon you are soft

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You know what cyclo..your level of control is pissweak. We have all these schoolboy idiots on the CAS chat who make inane and stupid comments, and u do nothing to keep the level of chat at a normal level.

i reckon you are soft
Maybe get your kids not to post so much then.........

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
With all due respect, the capacity of the already large boarding houses increase in year 9 and then year 10 again. This is why there is such a large influx. Newingtons influx seems suspicious as all of the newcomers seem to excel both on the triangle instrument as well as the rugby field.

Almost everything can be deemed suspicious if you choose to make it so. Some might be suspicious that many new boarders also seem to be good rugby players whilst others may say that it's because there are vacancies. But nobody can enrol at any school day boy or boarder unless there is room, so it would seem that the distinction between day boy and boarder is one of convenience.:)

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Almost everything can be deemed suspicious if you choose to make it so. Some might be suspicious that many new boarders also seem to be good rugby players whilst others may say that it's because there are vacancies. But nobody can enrol at any school day boy or boarder unless there is room, so it would seem that the distinction between day boy and boarder is one of convenience.:)
QH, I really have no issue with scholarships or “importing,” I thought I would just give my two cents as to why newingtons influx seems suspicious and is different to Views. It really doesn’t bother me but I see why others don’t appreciate it. I also agree with you in saying that you can make it suspicious depending on how it is phrased or looked at. Apologies again.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)

With risk of being sniped by Cyclo' and due respect QH, if you are inferring that View has any sort of enticement sporting or otherwise, I can assure you it does not. I know that Shore doesn't either. There are some underprivileged bursaries and don't know of any recipient in the top sporting teams. Please provide evidence if you are going to publicly speculate. This has been hashed out before in another thread. Great school culture attracts full fee paying families.

RaRaMum

Bob McCowan (2)
With risk of being sniped by Cyclo' and due respect QH, if you are inferring that View has any sort of enticement sporting or otherwise, I can assure you it does not. I know that Shore doesn't either. There are some underprivileged bursaries and don't know of any recipient in the top sporting teams. Please provide evidence if you are going to publicly speculate. This has been hashed out before in another thread. Great school culture attracts full fee paying families.
Not correct. Every school, including View entices 20-40 kids to enter in year 7 and call it academic or ‘character’. Usually of 20-40, there are about 5 academic. There more controversial enticements are those that come after year 7 and there are 2 schools in particular that do this and that is where I will leave it.
Back to the rugby, Joeys looked awesome yesterday. Their speed and skill is very high. Kings looked good as well. Kings are running over the top of teams late in the game with fitness and skill. 2 very impressive teams.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Not correct. Every school, including View entices 20-40 kids to enter in year 7 and call it academic or ‘character’. Usually of 20-40, there are about 5 academic. There more controversial enticements are those that come after year 7 and there are 2 schools in particular that do this and that is where I will leave it.
Back to the rugby, Joeys looked awesome yesterday. Their speed and skill is very high. Kings looked good as well. Kings are running over the top of teams late in the game with fitness and skill. 2 very impressive teams.

That does not happen at Riverview or Shore Rara. I know a family who have a boy at Kings, on a free ride, his brother is at View full fee. We have 2 boarders at View, many of the other side of my fam’ have been through Shore, so I know what I’m talking about.

Joeys are looking very polished, I agree Kings have a full tank of fuel in the 2nd half. Game between the two will be entertaining.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Big win by Shore’s 16A side yesterday, 28-5, that augurs well for the future. Well done.

While Shore 16A's were impressive, it must be noted that there are several 16A's for Joeys playing in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV's. There are several 15B, 2019 players now playing up in the 16A's. This of course makes the Joeys 16A team not as strong as they were in 2019. The Under 15A's look incredible at the moment with some boys who will be considered for opens in 2021.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)

Just looking to put this to bed. No one at Riverview is “enticed” to enrol.

And to joker, Happy Father’s Day to you too, and all the other dads on the forum. Let’s have a day off talking about the enrolment programs at different GPS schools and enjoy what really matters - family.
Cheers

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Happy fathers day to all the dads here. Hope you were spoiled.
I was, check out the breakfast they bought for me. Mmmmm

wcyxz4r4z8641.jpg

To the students here who crate a constant source of hard work for Cyclopath, please go back to your studies or make your father a cuppa and give him a hug.
Spoiled is an understatement. My young bloke couldn’t even cook Nutella toast. Haha just kidding, Happy Fathers Day everyone.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Happy fathers day to all the dads here. Hope you were spoiled.
I was, check out the breakfast they bought for me. Mmmmm

wcyxz4r4z8641.jpg

To the students here who crate a constant source of hard work for Cyclopath, please go back to your studies or make your father a cuppa and give him a hug.
Stupid question I know, but are BOTH plates yours?