• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

moneybillwilliams

Frank Row (1)
hey everyone,
new here, long time reader, first time poster.
loving the look of the boys in cerise and blue this year along with Kings as they both shape up to bring home a premiership, but there is possibility of a three way tie. Kings to lose to Joeys, View to lose to Kings, and Joeys to lose to View, while all 3 win the rest of their other fixtures. Easily the three best teams in GPS this year and the Jesuits from Lane Cove could quite easily stir the pot, despite evidently being the weakest of these three sides with the personnel which they have out.

moneybillwilliams

Frank Row (1)
I'm with TME here. Stupid and pointless speculation.
Back to rugby.
Who's keen for view Joey's this weekend?
Joey's looking like favourites, but it would be foolish to count view out. View need two strong halves and they'll be in it.

Huge game for the boys from Lane Cove, they will be up for just as the Joeys boys will be. Always a good game, but one this year which may shape the premiership. Joeys are more than capable of taking down Kings when the round 1 games are eventually replayed. If Joeys overcome the lads from Parramatta and the Wolves from Lane Cove take down the boys from across the river, it will shape a very interesting premiership race, are they all capable of winning all but 1? I say yes. But it starts with View this week, need a win to stay in contention, not likely, but they are capable.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes. Joeys had a couple rested for Saturday. In the past 10 minutes they had five reserves on as well.
The big final week will test all schools depths.

Jeez... that’s not good news for the Riverview outfit. That being said ‘view had a couple of big players on the sideline yesterday.

moneybillwilliams

Frank Row (1)
Jeez. that’s not good news for the Riverview outfit. That being said ‘view had a couple of big players on the sideline yesterday.

indeed, not good news for the boys from lane cove, joeys looked particularly impressive against a weaker shore side, and to do it with players being rested is nothing short of outstanding. View do have some quality players on the sideline, but not sure many (if any at all) will make it back for this week as most of them are season ending i believe. Will be a great game and think Joeys will edge it, but both sides always come out strong when they face eachother.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
At the risk of people thinking this is a reaction to some peanut calling me "piss-weak" there has been a clean-out.
Anyone, and I mean anyone else talking shit on this thread is getting banned. Not for a week, not for a month but for good.
What the fuck is wrong with people? Read. The. Bloody. Rules.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
At the risk of people thinking this is a reaction to some peanut calling me "piss-weak" there has been a clean-out.
Anyone, and I mean anyone else talking shit on this thread is getting banned. Not for a week, not for a month but for good.
What the fuck is wrong with people? Read. The. Bloody. Rules.

Cyclepath, it's BP

Glad to have your presence in the forums and keeping us safe from the trolls.

BP.
4e0py9.jpg

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
While Shore 16A's were impressive, it must be noted that there are several 16A's for Joeys playing in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV's. There are several 15B, 2019 players now playing up in the 16A's. This of course makes the Joeys 16A team not as strong as they were in 2019. The Under 15A's look incredible at the moment with some boys who will be considered for opens in 2021.
This is true for most 16s teams though, Shore have 16s in the Opens as well. I’m fairly sure this Shore team has defeated Joeys in that age group the past few years.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Jeez.
Pretty pessimistic for a Joeys fan. I’m not sure Joker et al. will share the same view.
Or maybe you’re just trying to get into our heads. Don’t fall for it, Grail!

Agreed TME, beating Joeys is an achievement at the best of times and they are never easy. I am looking forward to seeing whos in and out of both teams for Saturday.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Forum goers, it’s BP
My early prediction for this weekends “big dance”
Riverview by 15+
BP.

A brave prediction indeed BP.

View had a good win over Newington last Saturday that you accurately predicted, but you would have noted how quickly New put on three consecutive tries in the second half. View will need to avoid such defensive lapses this weekend and ensure that they get the ball to their experienced playmakers who can really cause some damage if given space.

Joeys will be looking to bring their first-half game from the Scots encounter that they fine-tuned in their 70 point defeat of Shore last week. This week will be significantly tougher.

It's also worth noting that the 2nd XV match puts the two undefeated sides against each other so that will be a great curtain raiser.

With Joeys having already defeated Riverview in the 3rd XV comp, the results will be the same as last year: Joeys, Joeys and Joeys.

It should be a great contest and I am only disappointed not to be able to watch it live, but I am preparing to sing Sub Tuum in my lounge room.

Cheers
INP

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
A brave prediction indeed BP.

View had a good win over Newington last Saturday that you accurately predicted, but you would have noted how quickly New put on three consecutive tries in the second half. View will need to avoid such defensive lapses this weekend and ensure that they get the ball to their experienced playmakers who can really cause some damage if given space.

Joeys will be looking to bring their first-half game from the Scots encounter that they fine-tuned in their 70 point defeat of Shore last week. This week will be significantly tougher.

It's also worth noting that the 2nd XV match puts the two undefeated sides against each other so that will be a great curtain raiser.

With Joeys having already defeated Riverview in the 3rd XV comp, the results will be the same as last year: Joeys, Joeys and Joeys.

It should be a great contest and I am only disappointed not to be able to watch it live, but I am preparing to sing Sub Tuum in my lounge room.

Cheers
INP

INP
While you’re belting out Sub Tuum in your lounge room, I’ll be similarly bellowing Jerusalem from my rooftop, resonating across the leafy streets of Lane Cove! :)
In all seriousness, I’m glad that we get to watch this fixture despite the craziness that has been 2020! Hopefully God favours the Jesuits this weekend - its about our time for the big guy upstairs to be on our side!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
INP
While you’re belting out Sub Tuum in your lounge room, I’ll be similarly bellowing Jerusalem from my rooftop, resonating across the leafy streets of Lane Cove! :)
In all seriousness, I’m glad that we get to watch this fixture despite the craziness that has been 2020! Hopefully God favours the Jesuits this weekend - its about our time for the big guy upstairs to be on our side!

At least you have the Pope on board.

20130824_BKP003_0.jpg