• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Wow. That’s quite the over-reaction. I am a fan of school sport, and of club sport.
But you’re right, perhaps a debate isn’t warranted on these pages.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yes, of course it’s a reference to the long term imbalance. I don’t feel I’m obligated to come up with a specific reference meeting your narrow debating terms in order to make it, but what the hell, it’s a forum for argument, so here we go.

How about ‘every weekend in U16s and Opens’? When these older boys are ‘discouraged’ from playing club.
:)

They are only narrow because they are specifically what the issue is here.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Well, we can enjoy club rugby strengthened by a return of the schoolboys. It’ll be better than no rugby at all and mowing the lawn.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Well, we can enjoy club rugby strengthened by a return of the schoolboys. It’ll be better than no rugby at all and mowing the lawn.

That is potentially a consequence of GPS and CAS rugby stopping and club rugby continuing. It will definitely be better than no rugby at all. I know of a few very good 1st XV school players training with Gordon Colts recently - we might see an influx if the status quo remains.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The truth is that a lot of players play club and school through to 16’s. After that the work load is too much to do both and the rep pathways change. Would you seriously expect a 1st XV player to front up for club on Sunday?
A key reason for only playing one game per weekend is the increased damage caused by bigger hits from this age group upwards.
Stronger bodies making contact require longer rehab or rest before the next game.
Younger, more elastic bodies absorb the lighter physical punishment more readily and a couple of games between Friday night and Sunday are doable for many.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
That is potentially a consequence of GPS and CAS rugby stopping and club rugby continuing. It will definitely be better than no rugby at all. I know of a few very good 1st XV school players training with Gordon Colts recently - we might see an influx if the status quo remains.

Unlikely, the schools will keep the boys occupied and there is the smallest of possibilities they still get to play.

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
Well, now that the season may be over, lets see who would have made the GPS 1st XV for 2020.
When you reply to this post, add names below to positions.
I will add my choices later.

GPS 1st XV 2020
1. A.Websdale (J)
2. T.Makka (N)
3. N.Wiggan (S)
4. D.Hansen (S)
5. S.Greer (J)
6. D.Bird (I)
7. H.Bell (N)
8. H.O'Kane (J)
9. T. Wilson (K)
10. G.Poolman (K)
11. H.Cressey (I)
12. W.Penisini (K)
13. J.Wong (S)
14. T.Kalokalo (S)
15. B.Dowling (J)

Reserve forward
Reserve Back

Presidents (GPS Under 16)1st XV 2018
1.A.Websdale (J)
2. T.Makka (N)
3. Z.Maddison (J)
4. J.Vitanza (K)
5. B.Sutherland (J)
6. J.Moore (J)
7. D.Bird (I)
8. D.Hansen (S) (captain)
9. M.Dominelli (J)
10. M.Fell (N)
11. T.Koula (N)
12. W. Penisini (K)
13. K.Weekes (N)
14. E Joliffe (J)
15. B.Dowling (J)

Coach?

Lets hope we get to see more of the boys in action. But more games or not I think the team would look something like this,based on who has played so far (1 notable ommission hasn't played yet). You would have 2 fullbacks playing on the wings.
GPS Presidents XV from year 10 below it..

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Lets hope we get to see more of the boys in action. But more games or not I think the team would look something like this,based on who has played so far (1 notable ommission hasn't played yet). You would have 2 fullbacks playing on the wings.

Damn, strong team. Good choices.

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Maybe an oversight given they were both out for injuries but you cannot go past
9. Ryan (J)
10. Antico (J)
Both were scheduled back on the paddock for Saturday’s game

Incompetent Crockpot

Bob McCowan (2)
Now that the season is over I suppose I should come clean.
I am a year 12 SBHS student. I have long been a follower of the forum, and, despite the fact that the presence of schoolboys is frowned upon, I have begun posting recently. I hope I have contributed to the passion for the game.
As my time playing for the chocolate and blue is over, I will retire from the forums.

Thanks for the memories.

Crockpot out.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Now that the season is over I suppose I should come clean.
I am a year 12 SBHS student. I have long been a follower of the forum, and, despite the fact that the presence of schoolboys is frowned upon, I have begun posting recently. I hope I have contributed to the passion for the game.
As my time playing for the chocolate and blue is over, I will retire from the forums.

Thanks for the memories.

Crockpot out.
Can’t see the point in retiring now it’s all over. Now you are eligible!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So NSW Health now saying it’s not the sport itself that’s the issue, but the mingling of the parents, etc. GPS have had an ‘essential persons only’ policy from the start. Again, little wonder they are seeking an exemption. Hope they get it.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Joker, please see my team below :
1. Covid-19
2. Corona Virus
3. Rona
4. Sars2
5. Covid
6. Bats
7. H1N1
8. Wuhan
9. Wetmarket
10. Lockdown
11. Social Distancing
12. Face Mask
13. Daniel Andrews
14. Quarantine
15. Vaccine

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
A statement came out from the heads of major community sporting organisations (rugby, nrl, netball etc) saying community sport will go ahead after they met with Dr Chant and the department of health. Interestingly they set out the guidelines under which they would proceed (eg: maximum of one parent attending) and they are less strenuous than the restrictions put in place by the GPS.

Fingers crossed we may get some games in after all.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
A statement came out from the heads of major community sporting organisations (rugby, nrl, netball etc) saying community sport will go ahead after they met with Dr Chant and the department of health. Interestingly they set out the guidelines under which they would proceed (eg: maximum of one parent attending) and they are less strenuous than the restrictions put in place by the GPS.

Fingers crossed we may get some games in after all.

https://nsw.rugby/news/2020/08/19/c...4zcG3oejdVK4lPZAMWAwY4D8z516Ga6Gm02KPTlv2-ohA