• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe an oversight given they were both out for injuries but you cannot go past
9. Ryan (J)
10. Antico (J)
Both were scheduled back on the paddock for Saturday’s game

I would be happy to see Joey Ryan in the team as he is a great player, but I think Teddy Wilson would get picked over him at the moment. You could toss a coin for 5/8 with Poolman(K), Antico (J) and Savala (S) all wonderful ball players on their day. Antico and Savala both missed last weeks games with shoulder injuries and I think Poolman has the jump on then.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
I would be happy to see Joey Ryan in the team as he is a great player, but I think Teddy Wilson would get picked over him at the moment. You could toss a coin for 5/8 with Poolman(K), Antico (J) and Savala (S) all wonderful ball players on their day. Antico and Savala both missed last weeks games with shoulder injuries and I think Poolman has the jump on then.
Not Fell? I’d take him over those 3 although I haven’t seen much of Poolman.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Hearing a rumour that the AAGPS jumped early and games may be back on. A couple of schools pushed for the cancellation but some discussions with NSW Health may see the competition start either this week or next week.
Lets hope sanity prevails. Ridiculous that club rugby can still go ahead with one parent but GPS is halted with no spectators.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Now that the season is over I suppose I should come clean.
I am a year 12 SBHS student. I have long been a follower of the forum, and, despite the fact that the presence of schoolboys is frowned upon, I have begun posting recently. I hope I have contributed to the passion for the game.
As my time playing for the chocolate and blue is over, I will retire from the forums.

Thanks for the memories.

Crockpot out.

Schoolboys are more than welcome to contribute, and I would encourage them to do so. What is frowned upon is shit-posting, which contributes nothing useful, by anyone.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Hearing a rumour that the AAGPS jumped early and games may be back on. A couple of schools pushed for the cancellation but some discussions with NSW Health may see the competition start either this week or next week.
Lets hope sanity prevails. Ridiculous that club rugby can still go ahead with one parent but GPS is halted with no spectators.

So apparently the GPS Headmasters and the AAGPS have been inundated with correspondence urging them to reverse the decision. Alan Jones last night blasted the decision on Sky News (showing footage of Joeys v Newington from 2019). And I have heard of a lot of activity behind the scenes. Momentum builds pressure, just like on the rugby field...

INP

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
So apparently the GPS Headmasters and the AAGPS have been inundated with correspondence urging them to reverse the decision. Alan Jones last night blasted the decision on Sky News (showing footage of Joeys v Newington from 2019). And I have heard of a lot of activity behind the scenes. Momentum builds pressure, just like on the rugby field.

INP

The correspondence I receved yesterday from the school indicated that they were "strongly requesting" a review of the the state government's decision so I suspect they are seeking a clarification from the Department of Health, just as the community sports bodies did on Wednesday. Note that the sportsmaster is also chairman of AAGPS Sport so it isn't a unilateral action.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
4c1t9d.jpg

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Spectators is not the only consideration. The ability to rejigger the club rugby draw so teams play only other teams in the same zones is what they are looking at doing. Whilst I think that can be made to work in a fashion for juniors, ie Gordon Village clubs only play each other, I don’t think it would work for sub districts or the grade competitions.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Spectators is not the only consideration. The ability to rejigger the club rugby draw so teams play only other teams in the same zones is what they are looking at doing. Whilst I think that can be made to work in a fashion for juniors, ie Gordon Village clubs only play each other, I don’t think it would work for sub districts or the grade competitions.

cant see that working anywhere but the north shore

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
cant see that working anywhere but the north shore
I guess we will know by the end of today when SJRU releases their revised draw.....but I can imagine that if they create zones (let’s call them Northern, Western, South Western, Southern and Eastern ) they could make a fair fist of it. No question that there will be some challenges because Northern has the most players but that’s the environment we live in.....at least for this season.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
I guess we will know by the end of today when SJRU releases their revised draw...but I can imagine that if they create zones (let’s call them Northern, Western, South Western, Southern and Eastern ) they could make a fair fist of it. No question that there will be some challenges because Northern has the most players but that’s the environment we live in...at least for this season.

My guess is that they will take a very liberal view of what a zone is and continue to monitor attendance, temperature etc. far more dangerous to walk through Westfield than play rugby in my non medical person opinion. Anyway, rugby is the game they play in heaven. We have god on our side...