• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Tough pill to swallow for the Riverview boys. As many others have said, their defence was great for most of the game, and it was a shame to see the match slip away from them in the dying moments. A tough way to finish their last ever match against Joeys. That being said, well played to the joeys boys, they showed their trademark resilience and intensity until the very last play.

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can I ask a question of the readers. Is the quality of the teams and players much lower than last year‘s comp. As a Joeys parent this years side is much weaker than last years team. Same too from what I have seen of Scots, Newington and Kings.
Ouch! That’s harsh given they have had no trial games.... Covid has impacted school rugby too in case you had just appeared ?!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
And lets count those phases one more time (mind you a lucky moment with a kick that went straight to Joeys hands)

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
don't think the Cluch video picked it up, but Joeys had arguably their best forward in the bin from the 57 min mark (using the cluch time), and their captain off for the whole of the 2nd half (severely bruised ribs - he could hardly breathe).

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
don't think the Cluch video picked it up, but Joeys had arguably their best forward in the bin from the 57 min mark (using the cluch time), and their captain off for the whole of the 2nd half (severely bruised ribs - he could hardly breathe).

Hope the young bloke (Capt) is ok Ace, know he will be sore for a while.

Great match by both 1st XV teams and congratulations to Joeys for coming away with the win.

I was impressed with Grammar's 1st XV in the 3rds yesterday. As Brumbies had mentioned, they are a bigger pack than their usual offering. They use the kick and chase well to get through or over the defense.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Was anyone able to catch the Riverview vs joeys 16A’s? I heard Riverview won but I would like to know some more details of the match.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Was anyone able to catch the Riverview vs joeys 16A’s? I heard Riverview won but I would like to know some more details of the match.

Yes TME, the 16As was a great match (for View supporters), they won 31-12. The Joeys team were good, but View out played them in the centers and out wide particularly imho. Defense was decent from the whole team.

The difference may have been from Joeys pulling more of their 16As into the opens, but thats just speculation?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The difference may have been from Joeys pulling more of their 16As into the opens, but thats just speculation?

They would normally would have had the Jorgenson twins, but they play 10 in the 2nd XV and 13 in the 1st XV. They would very handy to this team. Plus the 1st XV is playing up an age group as well.

Scrumcap

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes TME, the 16As was a great match (for View supporters), they won 31-12. The Joeys team were good, but View out played them in the centers and out wide particularly imho. Defense was decent from the whole team.

Joeys from what I seen had no more elevated into opens then Barrett in 2nds and Jorgenson in 1st, as was the case in the trial game A few weeks back. Riverview on the other hand had their no. 10 playing firsts from the trial. In the 3rds I am told the 5,7,9 and one of the wingers (not sure which one) are all U16s and have been in opens from the start of the year.
Riverview have simply improved in this age group. The two new boys I am told are both expatriates who landed by chance at View from COVID homecomings. I am told they are the outside centre In 16as and the no. 10 who played 1st Yesterday.
It is just a case of the gap between early developers in 13s and 14s closing. View just simply deserve a pat on the back for improving.

Scrumcap

Stan Wickham (3)
They would normally would have had the Jorgenson twins, but they play 10 in the 2nd XV and 13 in the 1st XV. They would very handy to this team. Plus the 1st XV is playing up an age group as well.

The Jorgenson’s are twins. The 10 in the 2nds is in yr12 (U18s) and the 13 in the 1sts is in yr10 (U16s).

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)

not twins - Jake (2nd XV No10) is in Yr12 and Max (1st XV No13) in Yr10

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Some results from Stanmore yesterday. Even though the firsts lost to a very good Kings team, they were in the game for a long time. With so many Year 10 and 11 boys it's a promising outlook for the future.

1sts Kings def Newington 14-29
2nds Kings def Newington 19-22
3rds Kings def Newington 10-12
4ths Kings def Newington 0-31
5ths Newington def Kings 48-12

16A Newington def Kings 54-7
16B Newington def Kings 28-7
16C Newington def Kings 22-7

15A Kings def Newington 0-45
15B Kings def Newington 26-33
15C Newington def Kings 55-19

14A Newington def Kings 26-14