• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok. Little reminder we can start all over again here.
Season 2021 will hopefully be back to normal.
Miss the sounds, smells (Newington BBQ is amazing) and the people.

Enjoy the off season

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
It has been as boring as batshit over on the CAS thread now for some weeks Joker which has meant I have actually had to work rather than fake it for some time now. Next season lots of food shots, which Rugby Mums are the hottest and whose got the biggest car comps would distract me from work again if that is possible so I am putting the order in now in advance. Please.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It has been as boring as batshit over on the CAS thread now for some weeks Joker which has meant I have actually had to work rather than fake it for some time now. Next season lots of food shots, which Rugby Mums are the hottest and whose got the biggest car comps would distract me from work again if that is possible so I am putting the order in now in advance. Please.

No worries Hassa. Nice to see you again in our kingdom.

2020 was a nightmare as there was no food, no mothers and no car-park comparisons. Every week it was Saturday at home in front of the laptop/tv to watch the rugby. No smells, no sights, no sounds (thank goodness no bleating bagpipes) no nothing. Then this season we had to deal with some yr 12 Riverview boys and this oddbod from the CAS world who kept bleating that CAS is better then GPS! Poor misguided little fool who I am sure is now on a Cyclopath enforced holiday. Can't wait till it all starts again in 2021.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
But he was brave Joker promoting a mixed cup/plate type comp on the GPS thread. I admit to a wry smile whilst awaiting the expected GPS explosion. I expected some meme from you but none was forthcoming. It seems you stumbled. Must have been the righteous anger....

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
But he was brave Joker promoting a mixed cup/plate type comp on the GPS thread. I admit to a wry smile whilst awaiting the expected GPS explosion. I expected some meme from you but none was forthcoming. It seems you stumbled. Must have been the righteous anger..

It was the fact the last time I did a meme in jest towards the CAS lads I was promptly banned for two weeks. This time I decided to not take the bait and let my view from the top of the rugby mountain calm my soul. When rugby titans stride the earth, they do not care for the insignificant bugs they step upon.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
and as always, I let the statistics do the talking.

Ei-faAZVoAAVWuz

SkyBlue

Banned
It was the fact the last time I did a meme in jest towards the CAS lads I was promptly banned for two weeks. This time I decided to not take the bait and let my view from the top of the rugby mountain calm my soul. When rugby titans stride the earth, they do not care for the insignificant bugs they step upon.

Ahhhhhh. Once again Joker. Bending my words to undermine my opinion. Not once did I ever say that the CAS is historically better than the GPS. That would be crazy. What I said was, Barker, Waverley and Knox (less so Knox) as of recently have been just as good as the top GPS schools. Don't bend my words, I've already clarified this. You also explicitly stated that I'm from the CAS world. Yet I spent 7 of my schooling years in the GPS and only 2 in the CAS. I'm a fan of both the GPS and CAS, my allegiance does not just lie with one organisation, I'm a schoolboy rugby tragic. Once again something that I had already clarified. Don't put words in my mouth.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok Just to so we can stake our flags in the ground before next season a small survey.
Copy and paste below and answer it.

1. School you follow most
2. School you would follow next
3. School that has the best canteen
4. School that has the best pies
5. School that has the best BBQ
6. School with the best support
7. School you wish that could one again play in the 1st XV competition.
8. School with the best main oval.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1. School you follow most St Joseph's College
2. School you would follow next Anyone playing Scots
3. School that has the best canteen Scots College. The Blackwatch is/was wonderful.
4. School that has the best pies Shore easy
5. School that has the best BBQ Newington by a pork roll
6. School with the best support Joeys (the underappreciated 16th man) with View a close second. Lunatics they are
7. School you wish that could one again play in the 1st XV competition. Sydney High School
8. School with the best main oval. Tie. Joeys and Kings.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
and as always, I let the statistics do the talking.

Ei-faAZVoAAVWuz

Hey Joker, do you have that table as at 2006? Shore I think will have 21, and I am assuming will be much higher in the table

EDIT: Interesting to note that Shore would be = 2nd in the CAS system

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry Badger, all I have is the statistics from now.
It would take me a while to go back.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sorry Badger, all I have is the statistics from now.
It would take me a while to go back.

It would be interesting to see the schools that have had an explosion of Rock stars over the last 15 years.

I might dredge through the Schools website see what I can find

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Mmmmm. Now that would be interesting.
I will have a go as well.
I would presume the evil empire would be among those who had many rock stars
PLUS, I would think the Barker boys would be there as well

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok, here goes.
Australian Schoolboy representatives. I did not include the A team reps or Baba's.
Make of this what you will

EjS2oE2VkAAqEQm

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thanks Joker

As expected, no surprises that Newington & $cots lead the charge. Joeys the powerhouse reduced to 3rd over that period.

For the academic exercise, the table would have read at 2006

Joeys 85
Kings 43
SIC 30
$cots 28
Shore 21
New 18
SBHS 17

Shore would have been 1 place higher (I expected maybe more), with 3 more than Newington

Newington over doubling their Aus Schools reps in that time. Ave 1.5 per year. and in the 36 years before that averaged 0.5 per year. Scots go from an average of 0.77 to 1.42.

I suppose that what happens when the Schools put the right focus on their Rugby programs and get the right coaches, etc etc