• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Not to discount Joeys at all, but View played them without Bowen (10) and O’Donnell went off after about 25 minutes injured. Those two are certainly standout players, but the fact that view still managed to get up, albeit in a very close fashion, is a testament to the depth and skill in the view side which is certainly not limited to the 10/12 combo.

Agreed TME, plenty of depth in the Royal Blue and White, having O'D fit is a bonus. Allsopp, Dalrymple and Granger had a cracker with the other boys previously mentioned, but they all combined pretty well imho to overcome a larger CAS side.

RuckInfringement

Frank Row (1)
Not to discount Joeys at all, but View played them without Bowen (10) and O’Donnell went off after about 25 minutes injured. Those two are certainly standout players, but the fact that view still managed to get up, albeit in a very close fashion, is a testament to the depth and skill in the view side which is certainly not limited to the 10/12 combo.

Definitely agree, TME. This View side seems to have the depth to cover for their injuries, something which they have lacked in previous years and perhaps caused them lost premierships. But in saying that, O'Donnell rips and tears when he's out on the field. I have no doubt they can still win it all with him out, proven by the game against Joeys which you mention, but O'Donnell on the paddock gives them a massive boost against this Joeys side and their fantastic forward pack. The Joeys front row led the forward pack so well last night and with the View boys behind them, Morton, Allsopp and Dalrymple, they made it very difficult for the big boys of Waverley and Barker to impose themselves on the game. Great stuff.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
It should also remembered that Joeys were without Max Jorgo and first choice halfback Dalton when they met View in the trial. The HH rematch for the silverware will be epic. My blood runs cerise so excuse any one eyed predictions I might make on these pages.

Definitely agree, TME. This View side seems to have the depth to cover for their injuries, something which they have lacked in previous years and perhaps caused them lost premierships. But in saying that, O'Donnell rips and tears when he's out on the field. I have no doubt they can still win it all with him out, proven by the game against Joeys which you mention, but O'Donnell on the paddock gives them a massive boost against this Joeys side and their fantastic forward pack. The Joeys front row led the forward pack so well last night and with the View boys behind them, Morton, Allsopp and Dalrymple, they made it very difficult for the big boys of Waverley and Barker to impose themselves on the game. Great stuff.

todd carney

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know if the under 16s rep teams have been announced?

Paul Cividin coach for the under 16 GPS team and I believe coach for the 16 A's over at HH is believed to pip the top job over the next few years. A difficult job this year with many of the 16's playing in the top ranks.

TC

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
GPS Representative Rugby 1st XV; 2nd XV

Friday 18th June

NSW Schools Championships – Daceyville: David Phillips Field & NSW Rugby HQ.

GPS 2nd XV v Sydney Juniors @ 1 pm

GPS 1st XV v ISA 1 @ 3.20 p.m.

An announcement regarding Teams Selections will be made on Tuesday 15 June 2021, due to injury assessments and availability.

The training for these teams has been changed to Tuesday 15 June NOT Wednesday 16 June. The venue remains at St Joseph’s College Sports Fields.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
AAGPS TEAMS TO PLAY IN NSW SCHOOLS CHAMPIONSHIPS FRIDAY 18 JUNE DAVID PHILLIPS FIELD : NSW RUGBY HQ DACEYVILLE.

TRAINING FOR BOTH TEAMS IS TUESDAY 15 JUNE AT ST JOSEPHS COLLEGE SPORTS FIELDS AT 3.30 p.m.

1st XV v ISA 1 3.20 p.m.

1. Jack Barrett J
2. Paddy Burns J
3. Henry Roberts J
4. Louis Dalrymple I
5. Ben Morton I
6. Will Martin J
7. Will Johnston (C) K
8. Sam Allsopp I
9. Dan Nelson I
10. Connor McMullen S
11. Riley Hemsworth K
12. Jonny Chan J
13. Darby Lancaster S
14. Will Granger I
15. Max Jorgensen J

2nd XV v Sydney Juniors 1 p.m.

1. Jackson Stiel E
2. Harvey McGregor S
3. Henry Basten K
4. Oliver McCrae S
5. Kai Atkinson E
6. Tim Sekel I
7. Harry Parnaby J
8. Nick Harris S
9. Harry Farrington K
10. Jack Bowen I
11. James Kotis S
12. Felix Connors I
13. Ed Arnott (C) K
14. Will Perkins I
15. Jack Matthews I
16. George Coates I
17. Cam Stanford K
18. Hamish Glascock I
19. Sasha Wilsenach K
20. Jaydon Villiamu N
21. William Rohrsheim E
22. Joshua Wong S
23. Rohan Leahy J
24. Siteni Taukamo N

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Full schedule of games this Friday at Daceyville

No announcement yet from Cluch TV if they'll be broadcasting them...

2021 NSWSRU All Schools & U18's Open Selection Trials
MATCHDAY SCHEDULE

1f3c9.png
Game 1 - Country v AICES - 9.30am

1f3c9.png
Game 2 - ISA II v CHS II - 10.40am

1f3c9.png
Game 3 - CCC v CAS II - 11.50am

1f3c9.png
Game 4 - Sydney Juniors v GPS II - 1.00pm

1f3c9.png
Game 5 - CAS I v CHS I - 2.10pm

1f3c9.png
Game 6 - ISA I v GPS I - 3.20pm

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)

The President's XVs (for those not aware) are the U16 sides that will be playing a series of games over the coming Saturday/Sunday at Daceyville against CAS etc. These boys are a mix of 1stXV, 2ndXV and U16A players who meet the age criterion - they are generally Yr10 and the younger Yr11 boys. In Joeys case, there are 6 from 16As, 4 from 2ndXV and 1 from 1stXV across both squads.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 9.25.48 pm.png

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
8 School teams (listed below) compete.

After these 2 days a Schools 1 and Schools 2 teams are chosen to move to the next stage.

The next stage is the NSW Invitational. Schools 1, Schools 2, Country NSW and Sydney (boys who play in Regional or Sydney clubs).

After these 2 days a NSW 1 and NSW 2 teams are chosen to compete at the Nationals in September.

198674504_595677318084035_70024199212100237_n.jpg

todd carney

Frank Row (1)
Rumours out of HH flanker Will Martin and halfback Ned Dalton are linked with the Canterbury Bulldogs. Huge news if true for the Bulldogs and the boys.

TC

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
quick report from Daceyville:

GPS1 60 d ISA1 7​
10 tries to 9 different players (5 converted) v 1 intercept against the run​

very clinical performance

RuckInfringement

Frank Row (1)
Heard the NSW Gen Blue U18s and Schoolboys teams were coming out tonight. Any updates?? Will be interesting to see if the GPS Selectors opinions on certain positions will be matched by those at a higher level. Only time will tell.

RuckInfringement

Frank Row (1)
Interesting to see Bowen (I) making the top team over McMullen from Scots. Good to see Isaiah Katoa (10) from Barker also getting the recognition he deserves making 12 in the top team, albeit only making it due to O'Donnell's injury. Jorgensen also getting the recognition he deserves, top top player.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
No Plan B

NSW Schools Rugby U16 Selections Trials - Day 2 is Cancelled.

Unfortunately due to the the weather and the amount of traffic - the grounds have been closed (as have many grounds around Sydney today) ⛈

Means that the selectors have at least had one day's competition to see the players - we just don't get to round out the tournament.

Stay warm and safe and the NSWSRU U16 teams will be released in due course - next Sun/Mon following the NSWJRU Regionals & SJRU trials.

Australian Schools Rugby NSW CHS Rugby Union Waratahs #nswschoolsrugby #juniors #pathways #genblue