• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Haaa. Lambert gets on the plane and turns left, George now has to turn right. There are a lot of families (i suspect the majority) that struggle to send their boys to scots and kings. Hearing that Headmasters and wives fly first class must piss them off. Government funding is also being spent here. Anyway, I'm not sure how many boys are going exactly but I would have thought that removing 12-16 of the school's best rowers would weaken King's 1sts - 3rds Rugby.
hey albi,
Would rather not waste my breathe on the headmasters flights cost, yesterday at the kings rugby lunch he stated these were fake rumours and any parents or old boys with questions could come speak to him anytime about this. How much of that I belive I’m not sure media does love bagging our private schools but their must be some truth at least to the story.

12-14 boys have been sent to the Henley regatta, 4 of these boys reserves will be racing in a quad boat division and are members of lower crews who chose to sit out their winter sport. from the other 8 boys one of them is a key piece in the 16As will Rodgers. two boys who were very possible options for the 1st Harry staniforth and Felix leahy. While the rest of the boys would of been around the 2nds to 4x range I believe, however with large depth in the year 11 age group the problem hasn’t been noticeable yet, and with these boys who have been sent to Henley returning next term for rugby I doubt a problem will happen overall, I think none of these boys will play 1st now due to the amount of time spent away from rugby but could fill out spots in the 4X to the 2nds.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
hey albi,
Would rather not waste my breathe on the headmasters flights cost, yesterday at the kings rugby lunch he stated these were fake rumours and any parents or old boys with questions could come speak to him anytime about this. How much of that I belive I’m not sure media does love bagging our private schools but their must be some truth at least to the story.

12-14 boys have been sent to the Henley regatta, 4 of these boys reserves will be racing in a quad boat division and are members of lower crews who chose to sit out their winter sport. from the other 8 boys one of them is a key piece in the 16As will Rodgers. two boys who were very possible options for the 1st Harry staniforth and Felix leahy. While the rest of the boys would of been around the 2nds to 4x range I believe, however with large depth in the year 11 age group the problem hasn’t been noticeable yet, and with these boys who have been sent to Henley returning next term for rugby I doubt a problem will happen overall, I think none of these boys will play 1st now due to the amount of time spent away from rugby but could fill out spots in the 4X to the 2nds.
Thanks for the update and good luck to them in Henley. I know the media can be wrong/exaggerate.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good morning
Welcome to round one.
Here are the tips as received by 11.59pm last night
You will note some did not get them in on time.
Will this round see KOB1987 lose the lead?

TIPS- Week 6.jpg

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
hey albi,

12 rowers plus one cox left Thursday

Starts 28th June....every race is a knockout (only 2 boats race at a time)....those who get thru the eliminations row in the finals on 3rd July.

Our 1st VIII, Head of the River champions, holders of the Major Rennie Trophy and NSW schoolboy eight state champions are travelling to the UK to race the top schoolboy crews in the Princess Elizabeth Challenge Cup for schoolboy eights. A quad scull made up Year 11 boys will contest the Fawley Challenge Cup.

As Rugbynbeers discussed, these boys will return to Rugby etc in Term 3.

Last edited:

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Not really. Each year 12 boy finds his level of "service". While Prefects at other schools have special ties, common rooms even food in dining rooms, the Joeys year 12 boys find an area that they can help and be an example. From Drama, to rowing, working in a Library, to coaching an Under 13 team, tutoring younger kids in Maths and French and even being a Dorm senior where they sleep (in a separate room) inside dormitory's with the younger years.

Joeys has never had any formalised school leadership and never will.
I should add also, that Newington abolished its traditional prefect system, I think back in the 1980s. It has given by all accounts, an opportunity for boys beyond, that of a small group traditionally responsible for school leadership, to excel as leaders.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I should add also, that Newington abolished its traditional prefect system, I think back in the 1980s. It has given by all accounts, an opportunity for boys beyond, that of a small group traditionally responsible for school leadership, to excel as leaders.
Another addition is this.

At Joeys the Year 12 cohort is charged with "setting the weather" in the school. If younger kids are mucking up, the year 12 lads also face sanctions. When I worked there I recall year 12 losing their automatic Saturday overnight leave because of the behaviour of some of the younger cohorts. (That BC was a tough bugger) The edict was "if you see something, do something!" That next week the year 12 boys swung into action and made a lot of kids pull their heads in. Within two weeks it was back to normal.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
does anyone know if Cluch will be streaming the Newington vs Scots game? It isn't appearing on cluch.tv

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
does anyone know if Cluch will be streaming the Newington vs Scots game? It isn't appearing on cluch.tv
On the Cluch phone app the game is showing. I had the issue 2 weeks ago, phone app worked properly and tv app didn’t, even when updated and reinstalled.
1655514439985.png

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
View 16As win in a very close game against kings 15-17 overall decent game kings front row loves to tip the ball and out the back passes to the backs. Their maul was effective forcing a try or two. View 12 I belive was very dominant overall with most of their try’s coming from him.to be fair nothing in the game 3 try’s each. Both teams look strong leading into term 3 rugby.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Review.

the Shore pie is sourced from a local gourmet bakery. It is different to others as it is pulled beef and not just beef chunks and gravy. Instead of the addition of peas they place slices of zucchini to add another flavor. The crust was crisp with a strong base. The mouthfeel is unusual if you have not had a pulled beef experience. A very satisfying experience. 8.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.