• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct, as for the reason why, I think it is an egotistical standoff between the schools and Rugby Australia regarding funding and control. One of the many things to fix in order to get pathways right. At the moment the top 50 approximately NSW players and I assume similar numbers from other states aren’t eligible for schools A, greatly reducing the value of such a jersey and honour. I think the schools and u18 concept is more relevant globally and hence why Rugby Australia wants to go that way.
Thanks. Do you know when they selected schools & u18 teams.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
When are the Gen Blue games?

What a fantastic trip I see Aus Schools has coming up to Japan. Made me feel sorry for the boys of the previous couple of years that have missed out.

In regards to the Aus Schools then Aus U18s I hate that their has been something occur that has rightly been described as "egotistical" that has diminished to a degree what those jerseys are perceived as. I'm glad U18s in Club land get an avenue to play but I do believe it's being used as a human shield by those egotistical administrators.

The more convoluted the path becomes, the more players we will lose. We inevitably chose the path of least resistance and at the moment this is a god damn maze.

Rae Rae

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Congratulations to all those selected in the Australia A Schoolboys team to tour Japan.

Jersey #NameTeamSchool
1William McKinnonNSW 1Knox Grammar School
2Jakeb HorneQLD 2Brisbane State High School
3Peniata Jnr PoutasiQLD 1Keebra Park State High School
4Sebastian BushNSW 1Northern Beaches Secondary College
5Wil TaylorNSW 1St Stanislaus College
6Darcy FogartyNSW 2St Joseph’s College Hunters Hill
7Harry DavisNSW 1The Scots College
8Luron PateaNSW BBHills Sports High School
9Nick LammingNSW 1St Ignatius College Riverview
10Andrew McFarlaneACTSt Edmunds College
11Will PerkinsNSW 1St Ignatius College Riverview
12Leo BassingwaighteNSW 1Shore School
13Riley LangfieldNSW 1St Stanislaus College
14Finn LawsonQLD 1Mountain Creek State High School
15Shane WilcoxACTSt Edmunds College
16Sam BourgeoisNSW 2Knox Grammar School
17Ky PuleNSW 1Waverley College
18Will GoddardNSW 1Knox Grammar School
19Pat IslesACTMarist College Canberra
20Darcey BushACTDaramalan College
21TJ HerringNSW 2Northern Beaches Secondary College
22Manus BaileyNSW 1St Aloysius College
23Samu TuisauNSW JSEDA College
24Miracle TangataQLD 1King’s Christian College
25Jay IngletonNSW 1Oakhill College
26Ben ParkNSW BBKotara High School
27Harrison DarlingNSW 1St Joseph’s College Hunters Hill

Running_rugby22

Frank Row (1)
So the NRL contracted kids have been dropped cold by the Gen Blue system and the leader. I know for a fact that Finnlay Bartlett is still in the SRU (Scottish Rugby Union) Exiles/Scottish qualified system. This suggests to me he hasn't 100% turned his back on Union completely even though he has a contract with the Sea Eagles. What this suggests to me instead of the NSWJRU having a conversation with the kid they have stuck their heads in the sand and gone completely cold and defensive. Maybe this is why the junior Wallabies were absolutely belted the other day 69-12. We can blame Cov etc but the reality is NZ had Cov as well. This suggests to me that the system is completely broken. When was the last time we won the Bledsoe Cup (1984) some 38 years ago and probably given the current pathways systems another 38 years. Here's a suggestion to the Pathways management go and have a conversation with these kids and bring in the families see where they are at, see what options you can provide them and then go from there, pretty simple stuff. Who know one day Finnlay might be running out at Murrayfield pulling on the Blue Scottish jersey.
The front rower spot on. Spot on mate. This shows how poorly run the development for SJRU is. The young kiddo Bartlett is on a contract for three years with the sea eagles. The stupidity of junior rugby union just giving up on kids straight from the get go is ridiculous. Like you said mate they should bring the young kid in and there family to give a little insight about the development because for me it’s still unknown. Interesting you say this mate. Working over in Scotland for the Glasgow warriors I’ve worked with several kids from this system from both Austrians and South Africa. Campbell Aitken runs the system finding young talents from across the Southern Hemisphere with Scottish heritage. Aitken has kept a close eye on Bartlett for many years now with the correct development. Aitken has also brought over Savala from Scot’s aswell who’s playing from Edinburgh currently. Fairdinkum honestly would you really pick union over league after they stuck there heads in the sand and pretended like these kids didn’t exist?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Campbell Aitken runs the system finding young talents from across the Southern Hemisphere with Scottish heritage. Aitken has kept a close eye on Bartlett for many years now with the correct development. Aitken has also brought over Savala from Scot’s aswell who’s playing from Edinburgh currently. Fairdinkum honestly would you really pick union over league after they stuck there heads in the sand and pretended like these kids didn’t exist?
Out of curiosity and could be really ignorant but is he any relation to Euan Aitken who plays in the NRL and then represents Scotland?

Rae Rae

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rugby Australia has been hit and miss with its retention of talented youngsters over the years under various leadership. They had had a fighting fund at stages that kept the likes of Angus Bell and Will Harris in the sport despite serious competition from league, then there was the unbelievable stuff up with Crichton where they told him that he wouldn't play Super for 5 years post-school so he shot through to the NRL instead. Playing devil's advocate Cameron Murray for instance was never playing rugby post-school so hard to judge Rugby Australia based on that. IMO each Super club should have a mandated 2 positions for school leavers to train full-time post-school. That's 10 positions, if it was say 50k half funded by Rugby Australia and half by the club that's 50k per super club and 250k for Rugby Australia, to keep the top 10 kids in the game. NRL clubs have development contracts, same deal full time training, theirs are 60k and can play in the NRL from mid season.
Awesome idea

FrankGalluzo

Bob McCowan (2)
The front rower spot on. Spot on mate. This shows how poorly run the development for SJRU is. The young kiddo Bartlett is on a contract for three years with the sea eagles. The stupidity of junior rugby union just giving up on kids straight from the get go is ridiculous. Like you said mate they should bring the young kid in and there family to give a little insight about the development because for me it’s still unknown. Interesting you say this mate. Working over in Scotland for the Glasgow warriors I’ve worked with several kids from this system from both Austrians and South Africa. Campbell Aitken runs the system finding young talents from across the Southern Hemisphere with Scottish heritage. Aitken has kept a close eye on Bartlett for many years now with the correct development. Aitken has also brought over Savala from Scot’s aswell who’s playing from Edinburgh currently. Fairdinkum honestly would you really pick union over league after they stuck there heads in the sand and pretended like these kids didn’t exist?
He’s nothing special he runs like a horse

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
said it before and will say it again. As soon as a kid is on contract they should cease to be eligible for schoolboy rugby. It is beyond daft that this hasn't been dealt with but it is a big failing of rugby and the schools associations.

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
My son and all u16 players who played last weekend got a letter about Gen Blue and this is the closing sentence in the first paragraph

Please note players who have signed a post school Rugby League contract or a contract with another Rugby Union franchise are not considered for selection in Waratah Gen Blue programs.

Maybe this is why Bartlett is not in it, and other league players are. It depends on the contract conditions and commitment time.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
My son and all u16 players who played last weekend got a letter about Gen Blue and this is the closing sentence in the first paragraph

Please note players who have signed a post school Rugby League contract or a contract with another Rugby Union franchise are not considered for selection in Waratah Gen Blue programs.

Maybe this is why Bartlett is not in it, and other league players are. It depends on the contract conditions and commitment time.
this seems perfectly sensible, it certainly isn't politics.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)

Congrats to the Tahs, this is how it should be. Keep all options over until a post-school commitment means they aren't an option. Needs considering also that the Tahs don't sign players at 15/16, while just about every decent league player who plays junior reps is contracted, the vast majority of these will never make it professionally. To eliminate all those kids who might not have League as a post-school option or who change their mind because they signed a $1500 contract at 15 years of age would be naive.

Discussed considerably, but from what I have been told the above rules don't apply to school-based representative teams.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
As an employer you ask your staff to sign a non compete agreement. As a employee a non compete clause in your contract is standard.

Sign with competitor to your employer you will be marched with immediate effect off premises phone, car and laptop removed.

Welcome to the world.

Congratulations to the Waratahs you are finally running your organisation with a degree of professionalism. Should have happened 10 years ago, just glad someone did the introduction to business management subject at the Waratahs.

We have had some truely incompetent people running rugby over the last decade.

Last edited:

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Jesse Mclean from Newington was selected into the Austalia Schoolboys Rugby League team.

The Australian 15s Merit Team features Callum Grantham and Haemasi Makasini from Newington also Onitoni Large and Ashton Large (only 13 years old) from Scots.

Last edited:
Jesse Mclean from Newington was selected into the Austalia Schoolboys Rugby League team.

The Australian 15s Merit Team features Callum Grantham and Haemasi Makasini from Newington also Onitoni Large and Ashton Large (only 13 years old) from Scots.
13 year old kid, who has done a tremendous job to make this side, i do hope that he works on his core skills as his size wont matter for much when these other kids start to develop.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)

pity they're playing the wrong game...

if the SOO last night is any guide, they're in for a professional football life described by Thomas Hobbes - "nasty, brutish and short".

If that was a proper rugby game, there would have been multiple red cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.