• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Come on Joker, you can't keep pushing the Star Wars line as it has been five years since Scots held the shield! We will be rank outsiders (even with everything we spend ) but Rocky did beat Apollo Creed!
Those were the days when the evil empire of the east ruled the rugby universe. It was only a small band of rebels that finally upset them in 2018 on the last play of the day.....lets relive this Subbie one more time. (I shall think of a new persona for the TSC lads)

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
rumour has it kings officials have slipped cluch $$$ under the front door to have the footage "corrupted"

The game also included a blatant head-but from kings no.1 towards the shore no.10 that was seen by everyone but the referee
I watched the game on Cluch yesterday and the stream was fine but today I get an error message as well. I have written to them and asked why.

That headbutt, was a near replica of the Darcy’s Swain one from a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised it wasn’t spotted as well.

ps, A kings boy in 3rd grade and one in second grade were sent off for punching (one a yellow, one a red) which was disappointing to see.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
After watching the Scots v Riverview game in the swamp I was stunned by some of the inconsistency of the refereeing. To begin with I will highlight three "tackles" that were not sanctioned and should have been under the letter of the law.

1. Fittler making contact with the head/neck and NOTHING comes from this.

View attachment 14211

2. Cummins and TSC 2 using NO arms at all in the tackle, in other words a shoulder charge.

View attachment 14213
View attachment 14214

3. None of these were punished BUT the referee did punish View for this. This is considered the same as above.

View attachment 14215

There seems to be a lot of league style tackling in the Scots team.
That riverview dump tackle was outrageous, I agree that the Fittler tackle was a penalty but not sure about the Cummins or Guilfoyle (Number 2) tackles.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Those were the days when the evil empire of the east ruled the rugby universe. It was only a small band of rebels that finally upset them in 2018 on the last play of the day.....lets relive this Subbie one more time. (I shall think of a new persona for the TSC lads)

This video needs a trigger warning at the start

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
After watching the Scots v Riverview game in the swamp I was stunned by some of the inconsistency of the refereeing. To begin with I will highlight three "tackles" that were not sanctioned and should have been under the letter of the law.

View attachment 14211

2. Cummins and TSC 2 using NO arms at all in the tackle, in other words a shoulder charge.

View attachment 14213
View attachment 14214

3. None of these were punished BUT the referee did punish View for this. This is considered the same as above.

View attachment 14215

Joeys dropped the ball at least 6 times yesterday and everyone was called knocked back

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
What are everyone’s thoughts on schools cancelling c-e grade games yesterday? Apart of me thinks, some is better than none. But the more I thought about it, isn’t this focus on the top teams at the expense of players in lower teams, the general problem with the approach taken by many schools and rugby in general. What’s wrong with damaging a rugby field? It will repair itself with ground keepers. Or how about improving drainage? This wouldn’t happen in NZ…..
I posted something similar in the very lonely ISA forum last night Albi. Oakhill played every game yesterday from 13E’s to First 15 & all soccer games yesterday. It’s a winter sport & yep this rain has been incredible but the 13E boys are just as excited about their game as the Firsts. The soccer ground actually looked worse than the rugby fields by the end of the day!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys dropped the ball at least 6 times yesterday and everyone was called knocked back
Maybe true but I do know the Newington lads did not knock back the spread of food at the end of thee game.

The Joeys boys are expected to be showered and changed before the opposition arrives in the function room. They then sit and wait for the visitors to arrive. There is usually a couple of words from the captains and then Joeys invite the visitors to have first go at the food.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe true but I do know the Newington lads did not knock back the spread of food at the end of thee game.

The Joeys boys are expected to be showered and changed before the opposition arrives in the function room. They then sit and wait for the visitors to arrive. There is usually a couple of words from the captains and then Joeys invite the visitors to have first go at the food.
Yeah what happened there?
Why no speeches?

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
I watched the game on Cluch yesterday and the stream was fine but today I get an error message as well. I have written to them and asked why.

That headbutt, was a near replica of the Darcy’s Swain one from a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised it wasn’t spotted as well.

ps, A kings boy in 3rd grade and one in second grade were sent off for punching (one a yellow, one a red) which was disappointing to see.
The Kings boy that was shown a yellow in the 3rds game - can also be very clearly seen throwing many punches throughout the course of the game. Ridiculous how none of it was seen. Seems as though many referees were disappointing yesterday all across the AAGPS.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)

I stand corrected
Thanks

O

Old High Boy

You're not posting this again... must be the 10th time now.....sheesh!

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)

Kings vs shore rivalry very heavy now due to the head of river. And with the kings rowers coming back this week wouldn’t of helped this future rivarely.

it all started from the 16As game when kings and shore had multiple stints in the 2nd half, I did see punches thrown but only penalty’s were given somehow. Couple of shore boys were carded due to foul play but. One of the kings 1st 8 members also played in this game

In the 3rds the boy who was yellow carded was one of the 1st 8 rowers from kings, in his defence when he was sent off with a yellow card he was pushed and striked to the face first this was after a shore try. He was throw out the game carrying on a bit some people like it others don’t.

The 2nds saw a red card with the 13 watts, this call was completely wrong in my mind rewatching the clutch stream he didn’t even look to have thrown a punch feel free to go watch the footage yourself and give me your thoughts. i believe kings will challenge this call and ultimately watts will be able to play next week if common sense prevails.

for the 1st’s I couldn’t tell you much about the head but as clutch won’t allow replays for this game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

View attachment 14211

View attachment 14213
View attachment 14214

View attachment 14215

I think it is a little fraught trying to apply the same level of scrutiny to schoolboy matches as Pro / Test rugby. It is well documented that a lot of the tackle issue in Pro / Test matches are identified by the TMO - not often called by the Ref or ARs in real time. No TMOs here.
Right or wrong, there has been a lot of debate over the merits of adjudicating on tackles in super slo-mo rather than something close to real-time.
Nonetheless, it is an issue when the data around CTE and concussions is alarming, and we see examples maybe being missed at school level, especially when the level of impacts are significant with the size of some of the players now.
I think refs need to risk going "too hard" on head contact, rather than too easy. The long term impacts can be enormous.
But all here should keep it in mind that the refs are doing the best they can, without the technology of the pro levels. We shouldn't be too harsh.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I think it is a little fraught trying to apply the same level of scrutiny to schoolboy matches as Pro / Test rugby. It is well documented that a lot of the tackle issue in Pro / Test matches are identified by the TMO - not often called by the Ref or ARs in real time. No TMOs here.
Right or wrong, there has been a lot of debate over the merits of adjudicating on tackles in super slo-mo rather than something close to real-time.
Nonetheless, it is an issue when the data around CTE and concussions is alarming, and we see examples maybe being missed at school level, especially when the level of impacts are significant with the size of some of the players now.
I think refs need to risk going "too hard" on head contact, rather than too easy. The long term impacts can be enormous.
But all here should keep it in mind that the refs are doing the best they can, without the technology of the pro levels. We shouldn't be too harsh.
Well said.

Very good take, I think the uproar is more than fair in this games scenario considering how many high tackles/shoulder charges were missed by both the touch judge and referee and the inconsistency of how they were dealt with (not to mention the affect they had on the end result). As you said a build up of these high shots can have detrimental effect on the boys playing and not punishing the players can lead to repeated dangerous offences.

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
thoughts on kings no.4 with late contact to the head of Shore fullback, removing him from the game.. No card given, yet referee was aware due to penalty awarded to shore.

Great game of schoolboy rugby regardless.
The kings 4 was attempting a ‘classic’ charge down of the kick- arms raised and face tucked down to prevent a ball to the face. Charge down unsuccessful and unfortunately with face down continued into the Shore 15 with a head clash.

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
Kings vs shore rivalry very heavy now due to the head of river. And with the kings rowers coming back this week wouldn’t of helped this future rivarely.

it all started from the 16As game when kings and shore had multiple stints in the 2nd half, I did see punches thrown but only penalty’s were given somehow. Couple of shore boys were carded due to foul play but. One of the kings 1st 8 members also played in this game

In the 3rds the boy who was yellow carded was one of the 1st 8 rowers from kings, in his defence when he was sent off with a yellow card he was pushed and striked to the face first this was after a shore try. He was throw out the game carrying on a bit some people like it others don’t.

The 2nds saw a red card with the 13 watts, this call was completely wrong in my mind rewatching the clutch stream he didn’t even look to have thrown a punch feel free to go watch the footage yourself and give me your thoughts. i believe kings will challenge this call and ultimately watts will be able to play next week if common sense prevails.

for the 1st’s I couldn’t tell you much about the head but as clutch won’t allow replays for this game.
Yeah I watched the 2nd XV game and couldn’t see the punch that lead to the red card either but the Assistant ref reported it to the ref and he obviously had a much better view than us watching what was the worst ever camera work I’ve seen on Cluch.

It was almost as if the person had never used a video camera before so I’m not surprised we didn’t see the punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.