• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Fun video .....

As people say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, then you can't laugh at Riverview..."

What makes a Joeboy? What connects them?

In this video we take a lighthearted look into the things that make A Joeboy a Joeboy for life.

SJC have released this video which highlights the aspects of humility, generosity, hard work, team work, commitment, service and many other wonderful traits of a Joeys boy in a very humorous fashion. Content created by thefilguys

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Congratulations & Well done to all the boys.

1634106659061.png

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Fun video .....

As people say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, then you can't laugh at Riverview..."

What makes a Joeboy? What connects them?

In this video we take a lighthearted look into the things that make A Joeboy a Joeboy for life.

SJC have released this video which highlights the aspects of humility, generosity, hard work, team work, commitment, service and many other wonderful traits of a Joeys boy in a very humorous fashion. Content created by thefilguys

Excellent Effort Joker and shows that a Joey's education, is worth every cent parents pay. And by education, I don't mean the academic side, but the whole education of a boy.

Well done Joeys

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Small diversion at the end of the academic year for the year 12 lads (including mine third and last)

Muck up day prank 2021 style.

This image suddenly circulated this week. It suggests Joeys will become co-ed in 2026. At face value it looks legitimate but there are plenty of small issues that give this away as fake. Can you spot the mistakes?

Personally, I blame Riverview.

252682805_363630435509403_7674158864322708603_n.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker, What does the card say? I can’t get a clear enough image.
I know. But the cards Joeys use are not this design at all. The language on the document is very clumsy. Might have been written by View lad. Another give away is the hard drive at the top of the photo. Joeys staff are not given these and certainly not with the tag written in a sharpie. To add, the document does not have a footer and a page number. All Joeys promotion and internal communication like this must have those details. (style guide) Finally, Joeys is an Apple Mac school and the image shows a Windows PC.

Overall not a bad fake.....and just be sure, I sent this to the Joeys staff I know and they loved it. No such plan have discussed since 1990.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Agree, the language on the flyer looked amateur and the pc was a give away. Love a good prank. It might be a pay back for a few years ago when a Joeys boy hacked the Virw intranet to let them know they had a security issue.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
No Rowing events for 2021. Their season starts on 5th February with the St Joseph's Regatta at SIRC and finishes with the HOTR on 19th March.

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee, wish to provide the following update regarding AAGPS sporting programmes in 2021:

The GPS Headmaster’s Standing Committee is pleased to announce that AAGPS summer sport fixtures will re-commence on Saturday 13 November 2021. The full details of a revised schedule for Term 4, will be available shortly on the AAGPS website. All fixtures will be inter-school trial matches, in preparation for the AAGPS summer sport competitions commencing in Term 1, 2022. There will be no spectators permitted at all fixtures in Term 4.

All inter-school sporting activities will be conducted in accordance with the updated AAGPS COVID-19 Safety Plan and within current NSW Government and Health guidelines. This includes the requirement for all participants aged 16 years and over to be fully vaccinated in order to participate in, or officiate at inter-school sporting fixtures. Proof of vaccination for students 16 years and over participating in AAGPS inter-school fixtures are to be verified by each school prior to the re-commencement date.

The AAGPS acknowledges that advice and the current situation has, and will continue to change rapidly. As the situation evolves, the AAGPS will continue to monitor and act accordingly throughout the remainder of 2021.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Easy, Joeys and Joeys.
Hello Older Slower

Certaintly, Joeys will be a force in the 1st XV, but they will be confronted by an experienced Newington side, where a majority of players, may have between them, 2 seasons of playing in the open division.I believe they will also have an excellent backline. However, they unlikely to have the depth of talent Joeys will have.

Apart from these two sides, I will add Kings based on their excellent 16As, who provided numerous U/16 representatives. However, their 16 Division from two years ago, was not their strongest age group, despite beating a strong Shore Team 21-10 in 2020. So may lack depth in talent. Of course may of their players may have grown in size and pace, overcoming their Previous weakness, when they were in the age divisions.

Shore, could prove to be something of revelation this year, based on their dominance in previous years in the age divisions. But this could prove to a very optimistic prediction. As other sides may have caught up to them.

Scots I have not idea and will not attempt a prediction

Riverview, struggled in years past, but have been given some tough love. Could be a surprise package.

So for my money, the winner, or joint winners, will come from either Newington, Joeys or Kings. However, this could all change in a few months.

As for the 16as, Joeys have improved since the 13As where they were belted by Scots79-0 in one game. Apart from that result I know they have improved. Equally, against a strong Newington age group,.
improvement has also occurred against Newington.
2019 NC won 42-0 against Joeys
2020 NC won about 26-7
2021 NC won about 12-10 or 14-10 against Joeys
So Joeys on track to beat Newington and Scots, but also to face a good Kings side. Whether, they can beat these sides is another matter.

But year 10 is also an entry point for new students.

So New and other schools, will be waiting to see what talent may arrive through their school gates.Although, I sure they have strong awareness as to what they can expect.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I know. But the cards Joeys use are not this design at all. The language on the document is very clumsy. Might have been written by View lad. Another give away is the hard drive at the top of the photo. Joeys staff are not given these and certainly not with the tag written in a sharpie. To add, the document does not have a footer and a page number. All Joeys promotion and internal communication like this must have those details. (style guide) Finally, Joeys is an Apple Mac school and the image shows a Windows PC.

Overall not a bad fake.....and just be sure, I sent this to the Joeys staff I know and they loved it. No such plan have discussed since 1990.
The forensic analysis Joker is top shelf. You must have been a copper in a past life....

Nothing much is happening on the CAS forum, I think all the vocal ones have moved on, except me. I may inhabit here for a while and cruise in and out and try not to be too annoying to the regular GPS folk. Old has beens have not much else to do you know...

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wonder if the anticipated absence of rugby in 2020 led to fewer "anomalies" coming into the senior years' GPS rugby teams. There would be no use forking out good cash for an elite player to not play for their new school.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The forensic analysis Joker is top shelf. You must have been a copper in a past life....

Nothing much is happening on the CAS forum, I think all the vocal ones have moved on, except me. I may inhabit here for a while and cruise in and out and try not to be too annoying to the regular GPS folk. Old has beens have not much else to do you know...
Always welcome here Hassa.

Status
Not open for further replies.