• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

B&W

Frank Row (1)
I believe that there is no longer "Australian Schools" - it has been amalgamated with U18 and called "Australian Schools and U18".

The pathway system is confusing, more like a garden path. The Riverview tournament has been devalued by precluding those boys still at school, but selected in Gen Blue. So the NSW1 and NSW2 Schools teams have no Gen Blue players.

And yes, NSW1 is selected ahead of NSW2, meaning they theoretically have the better players. Doesn't always work, of course. NSW2 can and do beat NSW1 occasionally.
thansk for explaining! Appreicate it.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
With everything MJ at the moment his step and speed remind me of one of the best fullbacks Joeys never realized. Who remembers Blaise Barnes? A phenomenal talent like MJ but never played the year 12 season when he stepped a player so hard he broke his own knee. Never the same again. Have a look and enjoy the talent.

hardhitter93

Frank Row (1)
Gps would smoke CAS! What rubbish. The special coloured glasses are on!

Waverley and Knox between them have beaten Kings, Newington, Shore and View, and I believe Joeys aren't the usual top side in the 16as as per normal. In fact View, Kings and Shore got SMOKED. Newington is a very good side. Haven't seen Scots.
So your logic, isn't!
I was there to experience Shore vs Waverley in the 16s.... News from Shore parents that day was around 6 or 7 were unavailable that week due to influenza. As well as losing their flyhalf in the early minutes of the game.

Waverley is a strong side but from other weeks watching Shore 16s get over Knox, I would argue the Shore vs Waverley game would have been a much different story.

HH

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I was there to experience Shore vs Waverley in the 16s.... News from Shore parents that day was around 6 or 7 were unavailable that week due to influenza. As well as losing their flyhalf in the early minutes of the game.

Waverley is a strong side but from other weeks watching Shore 16s get over Knox, I would argue the Shore vs Waverley game would have been a much different story.

HH
Agree HH, both are very strong sides, and it may well have been different, however, in that same game, the Waves also had 3 out with the flu.
Either way, I think it's fair to say that they are 2 of the strongest teams running around.

My original point was that it hard to agree that the strongest GPS side should not SMOKE the strongest CAS side, just based on school results. Rep sides are a completely new equation and it usually depends who gels better on the day.

From what is obvious New, Shore and Scots appear to be the strongest GPS 16s, and Knox, Waves are the 2 strongest CAS sides, however to be fair, I haven't seen Barker, Cranbrook , Trinity etc.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Interesting read, 5 of the top 21 league players under 18 in Australia play GPS (NSW), with Isaiya Katoa (CAS) number 1.

Jesse McLean (5) Newington
Toby Rodwell (9) Newington
Siteni Taukamo (19) Newington
Blake Steep (20) Scots
Zach Fittler (21) Scots

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
10,15 for isa both in the top 50 juniors list.

15 -Mitch woods and 10- Alex Conti

Love the look of number 2 on isa
does all the dirty work

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Woods over for isa 17-0 conversion under the post.

22 on isa looks like a very solid 10 controlled the game the second he came on for Alex Conti

Chs 15 wow what a step he has

Status
Not open for further replies.