• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Overall eveyone can say what their lineup may of been, but Cas have won today in a thriller.

standouts for cas was all the players on the team very impressed with the energy they had brang throughout the entire game.

gps standouts rodwell, 7,15,8

langi should 100% of been in pres A

My backline would of looked like
9- Patterson, best half from this age group in gps. Liked the look of pres b 9 as well.

10 -rodwell, the performance he displayed all tournament long clearly show why. Humpries unlucky to miss out but didn’t like his performance in the latest game.

11- watts, great all tournament long. Strong runner think his passing game needs to be worked on though. I have him on the wing so lua can be pushed into the side.

12- filter, quiet in the grand final overall a standout for me though.

13- lua, think he has more of a passing game then watts and more available in the centres with watts being more mobile to move to the wing position

14 -McLean/bartlet , unluckily the shore winger misses out but I belive mclean/bartlet are both stronger and better overall. Bartlet and McLean tough ball runners and happy to whack whoever is running their way

15-isamu/McLean depeding on number 14 selection, if bartlet id have McLean but if McLean then I’d play isamu. Isamu is a classy fullback who does the dirty work.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Does anyone know when 16s NSW teams come out?
I don’t think it’s until after next weekend’s tournament when they pick the Sydney team at the same time - reason being there are potentially players who will get picked for both (e.g. Patterson, Bartlett, Mason just from the backline above) and the process is the selectors literally take it in turns to pick from the players who are doubling up. So I am led to believe anyway, but don’t quote me on that.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
I watched most of the games and this would be my XV for NSW Schools I

1. CAS 1 Daniel Christodulo
2. GPS 2 James Warner... HM CAS 2 Max Meghar
3. GPS B 3 Edwin Langi
4. GPS 5 Anton Theil
5. CAS 4 Sam Niuala
6. GPS 7 Marshall L (CAPTAIN)
7. CAS 7 Oliver Abdoud... HM GPS B 7 Charlie Baker
8. GPS 8 Toby Brial
9. GPS 9 Max Patterson ... HM ISA 9 Sam Blank
10. GPS 22 Toby Rodwell ... HM ISA 10 Alex Conti
11. GPS B 15 Baxter Warner
12. GPS 12 Zach Fittler
13. CAS 13 Kahu Capper... HM GPS B 13 Tom Watts
14. GPS B 14 Finlay Bartlett ... HM CAS 15 Dylan Hall
15. CAS 16 Charlie Poynton ... HM ISA 15, Mitch Woods

Thoughts?
I’d have watts on wing for bartlet.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)

3. GPS B 3 Edwin Langi
4. GPS 5 Anton Theil
5. CAS 4 Sam Niuala
8. GPS 8 Toby Brial
12. GPS 12 Zach Fittler

Thoughts?
Baxter Warner may miss out if selected for Sydney. Not sure who has first picks.

If so I’d move bartlet to that wing or even push Charlie poylton to wing to allow Mitch wood selection at fullback

Number3

Frank Row (1)
Firstly congratulations to CAS what a grand final.
The reality is the GPS selectors got the selections very very wrong.

The boys in the GPS B that should have played in the A

3. E Langi
4. H Seigmer
13 T Watts
14 F Bartlett
15 B Warner

(In addition 22. T Rodwell should have started from the get go)

I am told that since the 13 age group Shore has played 16 GPS matches and won 2! (They got 7 kids)

Really have to question the validity of some of the selections. Seems bit like a lucky dip here unfortunately it will impact further down the line with NSW Schools selections.

Duddy from shore was much better across the comp than Langi. Langi played well today but Duddy was better yesterday.

Tame Brumby

Stan Wickham (3)

3. GPS B 3 Edwin Langi
4. GPS 5 Anton Theil
5. CAS 4 Sam Niuala
8. GPS 8 Toby Brial
12. GPS 12 Zach Fittler

Thoughts?

After the way CAS played today not sure you can justify 10 GPS starters.

I think both CAS locks deserve to be there, as well as Heath Turner - the CAS 8 - maybe at #6 and Max Roach at #11. Also Tovia from Cranbrook had a blinder at #12.

JackJill

Chris McKivat (8)
I love how CAS shut down the GPS super backline, Poynton at the back was clearly a great addition as well as a massive G-up, got inside GPS's heads. Another note worth mentioning was the CAS forward pack, lots of intensity and resilience upon mistakes/penalties. A great grand final to watch, everyone played great rugby.

Sam Drape

Bob McCowan (2)
the Kings prop missed out tbh. Marcus Younes would have been a better selection for gps b's while Langi is up in the a's, replaced for the starting prop, Duddy.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
After the way CAS played today not sure you can justify 10 GPS starters.

I think both CAS locks deserve to be there, as well as Heath Turner - the CAS 8 - maybe at #6 and Max Roach at #11. Also Tovia from Cranbrook had a blinder at #12.

There's an easy explanation to that, as witnessed time after time in comments, if you play in an GPS school you are just better, therefore, even if a better side beats you, that's ok, you still deserve to be selected in the top NSW teams.

After todays win by the CAS 16s, no surprise to me or many others, as per the school results, the CAS team lead all the way, trust sanity/fairness prevails in the NSW team selections.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yes selections were wrong. Cas better team today by far but.

Don’t Understand the shore front rowers being picked either, kings prop and view prop both missed selections in gps overall because of this decision
Completely agree CAS were great. Competed for everything and deserved to win. There best were 5, 10, 13 and 15.

Scrumdoctor

Frank Row (1)
Wonderful rugby on the weekend. Interesting comments on the current group of young front rowers. Leading into the GPS team selection Duddy single handedly destroyed both the Scots and Joeys 16As front rows to the point where Joeys called uncontested scrums. I believe that this was the first time in Joeys history at this level. On the weekends form his mobility and defence was far superior to any other number 3. In terms of scrummaging my observation he is the most technical tight head prospect to come through the GPS system in many years. The perfect NSW front row would be 1. CAS Christodoulou, 2. GPS A Warner and 3. GPS A Duddy.

Number3

Frank Row (1)
Wonderful rugby on the weekend. Interesting comments on the current group of young front rowers. Leading into the GPS team selection Duddy single handedly destroyed both the Scots and Joeys 16As front rows to the point where Joeys called uncontested scrums. I believe that this was the first time in Joeys history at this level. On the weekends form his mobility and defence was far superior to any other number 3. In terms of scrummaging my observation he is the most technical tight head prospect to come through the GPS system in many years. The perfect NSW front row would be 1. CAS Christodoulou, 2. GPS A Warner and 3. GPS A Duddy.

I agree Duddy far busier in his games Saturday than Langi.

If you’re going for size there is little difference between Langi, Byrne (CHS) and Hill (CAS). All big, all run wide, and all have good hands.

Sad that neither the Aloys or Knox 3’s were available. They both have very high work rates and work much closer to the ruck. Knox 3 is a great defender.

Scrumdoctor

Frank Row (1)
Duddy seemed to struggle with a bigger pack. He was good against the smaller teams on the Saturday.
I totally disagree. This boy has started and benched for the Shore 2nd XV all season with a whole winning game against Knox. When on the field on Sunday in the final he won the only scrum penalty of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.