• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Full time 32-15. God loves his Catholic boys.
New were outplayed by a better side, no other way to describe it. I would give credit to the Joeys backline, who found space particularly out wide in the second half. To me Oscar Jorgensen, was a particularly dangerous player, who New failed to contain at critical moments. The best for New was their hooker, the fullback and the outside centre. Joeys backs were simply a class apart today. On this form, Joeys to be undefeated GPS champions.

EyesUpFootyFan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watching the end of the Scots Vs View game, there seemed to be a pretty heavy head to head contact between a Scot’s players (defender) and the Riverview 13, this only resulted in a penalty (?) rather than what under the rules of the game is a red (or at the minimum, a yellow). This is quite a similar situation with the same ref at the Riverview Joeys game, where there was a 4th high tackle in the span of minutes which was a minimum a yellow, and was only called a penalty. I would assume the video will eventually make it onto the thread.

It’s quite odd that this ref has missed two very big calls against Riverview in the late minutes of the game.

However, it was a great contest between two well drilled sides on a below average surface due to the weather, and it makes the season all the more interesting. And what a spectacular try to end the game.

EyesUp

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watching the end of the Scots Vs View game, there seemed to be a pretty heavy head to head contact between a Scot’s players (defender) and the Riverview 13, this only resulted in a penalty (?) rather than what under the rules of the game is a red (or at the minimum, a yellow). This is quite a similar situation with the same ref at the Riverview Joeys game, where there was a 4th high tackle in the span of minutes which was a minimum a yellow. I would assume the video will eventually make it onto the thread.

It’s quite odd that this ref has missed two very big calls against Riverview in the late minutes of the game.

However, it was a great contest between two well drilled sides on a below average surface due to the weather, and it makes the season all the more interesting. And what a spectacular try to end the game.

EyesUp
SvR.png

*I apologise for the quality

Now, voicing my concerns now has no impact on the game but this was a huge talking point in international rugby only last weekend and EUFF is right two big calls by the same ref regarding high contact. There was no better team at the end, muddy fields eroded the chance for any slick footy to be played however Fittler's try to take the lead was rather spectacular.

Obviously theres no TMO but NO penalty resulted from this contact despite the players, coaches and boys who were on the other side of the field who saw it clear as day.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
....meanwhile at Joeys, God sent an omen earlier in the day to show his love for the Marist boys.
(and yes, the oval was that good looking)

IMG_8388.jpg

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
....meanwhile at Joeys, God sent an omen earlier in the day to show his love for the Marist boys.
(and yes, the oval was that good looking)

View attachment 14199
yep, despite the mud in front there. The real men don't need the stands.... A good game, most controlled from this side I have seen. You always felt they had new's measure. And the ground still looks that good after the game.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
I have heard unofficially that TAS 1st (23) d Scots 3rds (12). Can anyone confirm?

Full 3rd XV Round 4 Report to come shortly.

INP

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
New were outplayed by a better side, no other way to describe it. I would give credit to the Joeys backline, who found space particularly out wide in the second half. To me Oscar Jorgensen, was a particularly dangerous player, who New failed to contain at critical moments. The best for New was their hooker, the fullback and the outside centre. Joeys backs were simply a class apart today. On this form, Joeys to be undefeated GPS champions.

Thank you B&W for your kind observations. These are lovely to read rather then the hateful messages some of the younger Newington crew have sent me this week, hence this place has become calmer since Cyclopath has been swinging an axe.

Joeys 7 (P. Young) was my man of the match. Even though he was the smallest forward on the field he got through a mountain of work and never once shirked the defense. Time and time again the Tongan tanks launched themselves at the tiny Joeys 7 who every brought them down. This sapped the Newington forwards I feel that they couldn't break the smaller pack. Newington tired later in the game and the gaps appeared. Joeys line outs are now firing and the scrum has become a weapon as well. Joeys today played their best game yet. The mid field were very good with the SJC 12 a standout. 15 was his usual brilliant self but he was one of many today.

I was so happy to see the Newington lads there supporting. Good for them. The game was played in a good spirits with very little niggle appearing. I was sitting near the Newington Class of 1992 30 year reunion lads who were all having a good time ribbing the Jorgensen brothers. Good fun.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
yep, despite the mud in front there. The real men don't need the stands.... A good game, most controlled from this side I have seen. You always felt they had new's measure. And the ground still looks that good after the game.
....and the Newington jumpers still white!

Can’t believe what I just witnessed in the view game. Riverview were very obviously the better team for the majority of the game and were extremely unlucky. I won’t get started on the missed calls on the high shots and shoulder charges or the fact it was the same ref from the joeys game, but on the play that lead to the yellow card and ultimately view loosing. Will Perkins was on the ground in some pain with the physio there with him. View were defending 10m out of their line without a fullback due to this. And even though Perkins would’ve been down for around 2 minutes the ref did not stop the play which he did for Cummins effectively immediately when he went down injured. Not stopping the game for the clearly hurt player lead to evident frustration from the supporters, coaches and most importantly the players. Even though I cannot complain about the yellow card itself, I believe the moments of frustration leading upto it heavily influenced the tackle. Nonetheless play should’ve been stopped in the first place.

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record and what happened was out of scots control so I am not at all bagging them out and a big congratulations to them on a remarkable comeback win. Unfortunately it’s just the nature of game and happens to everyone occasionally.

Til next week….

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Thank you B&W for your kind observations. These are lovely to read rather then the hateful messages some of the younger Newington crew have sent me this week, hence this place has become calmer since Cyclopath has been swinging an axe.

Joeys 7 (P. Young) was my man of the match. Even though he was the smallest forward on the field he got through a mountain of work and never once shirked the defense. Time and time again the Tongan tanks launched themselves at the tiny Joeys 7 who every brought them down. This sapped the Newington forwards I feel that they couldn't break the smaller pack. Newington tired later in the game and the gaps appeared. Joeys line outs are now firing and the scrum has become a weapon as well. Joeys today played their best game yet. The mid field were very good with the SJC 12 a standout. 15 was his usual brilliant self but he was one of many today.

I was so happy to see the Newington lads there supporting. Good for them. The game was played in a good spirits with very little niggle appearing. I was sitting near the Newington Class of 1992 30 year reunion lads who were all having a good time ribbing the Jorgensen brothers. Good fun.
100% agree on Pat Young, huge game, he carried the ball well, bending the line and tackled even better. If a young back rower wants to learn how to tackle a much bigger rampaging opposition player, jump on Cluch and watch 7 give a master class.

Status
Not open for further replies.