• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Thank you B&W for your kind observations. These are lovely to read rather then the hateful messages some of the younger Newington crew have sent me this week, hence this place has become calmer since Cyclopath has been swinging an axe.

Joeys 7 (P. Young) was my man of the match. Even though he was the smallest forward on the field he got through a mountain of work and never once shirked the defense. Time and time again the Tongan tanks launched themselves at the tiny Joeys 7 who every brought them down. This sapped the Newington forwards I feel that they couldn't break the smaller pack. Newington tired later in the game and the gaps appeared. Joeys line outs are now firing and the scrum has become a weapon as well. Joeys today played their best game yet. The mid field were very good with the SJC 12 a standout. 15 was his usual brilliant self but he was one of many today.

I was so happy to see the Newington lads there supporting. Good for them. The game was played in a good spirits with very little niggle appearing. I was sitting near the Newington Class of 1992 30 year reunion lads who were all having a good time ribbing the Jorgensen brothers. Good fun.
Yes Joker, the warmth the joeys and new players showed to each other at the end of the match shows how much these two schools, have come to respect each other. To me that friendship between two such schools, is as important, as any result.

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting to see at half time that Scots had what it looked like to be GPS trackers under there jersey or something under those lines. It’s amazing how far the game has come and how advanced Scots are! Just makes me laugh when they are going up against View when there coach is just a science teacher!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok....a bit thin so.....

WE NEED results! Do you know a result?

weekly results - Round 2.jpg

For calculating tables, washouts will be treated as draws (zero points), but if a team has already forfeited (ie Newington 13Bs, 14Bs and 16Bs), and then get washed out, they are still treated as a forfeit and the opposing team gets 2 points. (This may be hard to police if teams aren't honest about whom they play.)

Joeys 14As wasn't published on Twitter.

Can you help today?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting to see at half time that Scots had what it looked like to be GPS trackers under there jersey or something under those lines. It’s amazing how far the game has come and how advanced Scots are! Just makes me laugh when they are going up against View when there coach is just a science teacher!
Honestly, for the amount of money Scots spend on their Rugby they have very little success / $ spent. I predict Smith will be done at the end of the season if they don’t win the premiership. They should have been able to put View to the sword in those buggy conditions.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Yes Joker, the warmth the joeys and new players showed to each other at the end of the match shows how much these two schools, have come to respect each other. To me that friendship between two such schools, is as important, as any result.
very impressed by Newington captain Billy Dickens. A fine sportsman and well respected by the Joeys boys. The way he diffused that last confrontation following the (accidental) head-high to Ronan Leahy towards the end of the game was very mature. A credit to his school.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Honestly, for the amount of money Scots spend on their Rugby they have very little success / $ spent. I predict Smith will be done at the end of the season if they don’t win the premiership. They should have been able to put View to the sword in those buggy conditions.
Please do tell just how much Scots spends on rugby? I'll enjoy this answer. Sounds like a few of the Catholic mob with the usual carry on

Short side

Bob McCowan (2)
Did anyone catch the Joeys 4ths v Newington 3rds, find it concerning that joeys seemed to get a comfortable victory over a 3rds team while all other schools 3rds team play in the comp above. I would assume Newington would dominate all other 4th XV teams, why is this not the case?

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Just hearsay, exclusively from Scots people. Perhaps don’t protest so much, or spend even more, what ever blows your hair back.
So you have no idea how much they spend but link Scots success in rugby or lack thereof to an imaginary dollar value? Bravo......who is embarrassed now

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can’t believe what I just witnessed in the view game. Riverview were very obviously the better team for the majority of the game and were extremely unlucky. I won’t get started on the missed calls on the high shots and shoulder charges or the fact it was the same ref from the joeys game, but on the play that lead to the yellow card and ultimately view loosing. Will Perkins was on the ground in some pain with the physio there with him. View were defending 10m out of their line without a fullback due to this. And even though Perkins would’ve been down for around 2 minutes the ref did not stop the play which he did for Cummins effectively immediately when he went down injured. Not stopping the game for the clearly hurt player lead to evident frustration from the supporters, coaches and most importantly the players. Even though I cannot complain about the yellow card itself, I believe the moments of frustration leading upto it heavily influenced the tackle. Nonetheless play should’ve been stopped in the first place.

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record and what happened was out of scots control so I am not at all bagging them out and a big congratulations to them on a remarkable comeback win. Unfortunately it’s just the nature of game and happens to everyone occasionally.

Til next week….
If you're referring to shot by leo jaques, I don't believe it was high after lookiing at the photo that was posted in the forum, he made a attempt to wrap and there was no head contact. With the cummins injury, play was not stopped immediately at all, play continued for at least a minute and a bit while cummins was down and being looked at it. Riverview did play very well and were extremely unlucky for a lot of the game. Overall I think we can all agree that it was a great game and quite a good come back from scots in my opinion.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ok....a bit thin so.....

WE NEED results! Do you know a result?

View attachment 14201

For calculating tables, washouts will be treated as draws (zero points), but if a team has already forfeited (ie Newington 13Bs, 14Bs and 16Bs), and then get washed out, they are still treated as a forfeit and the opposing team gets 2 points. (This may be hard to police if teams aren't honest about whom they play.)

Joeys 14As wasn't published on Twitter.

Can you help today?
I believe Joeys 14a's ended joeys 17- Newington 0.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hi OS, What do you mean by very little success? Although we've come short in the last couple years, 5 prems in a row isn't very little success by any measure. Althought we came second in 2018 and 19 only coming short by one game isn't very little success, either way I agree that Brian may go at the end of season if they don't win a prem but I don't think it's at all 100% and don't have to much of opinion on it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.