• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
TABLE CLARIFICATION

Eyes and ears has sent me this message.

"Your tables are going to be thrown into chaos this week as I believe Riverview 16As are playing Grammar 16As."

as the saying goes, we can only play what's in front of us!

If Shore choose not to put their 16As up against Riverview, then by definition they forfeit and View gets the 2 points - simple.
No chaos, but a huge disappointment for Shore rugby, I would have thought.

It would be strange since Joeys only beat Shore 40-31 and Kings lost 15-17 to Riverview in R1, then Kings only beat Shore 17-5 in R2.
So it's not like Shore are getting flogged and would not be up for the View game - they're competitive.

Please note that for the purposes of this competition, only the top two divisions of each age group from Opens to U13 of the "official" 6 schools are considered. If a school chooses not to put their As or Bs up against the corresponding teams from the other school, for whatever reason, then that team will be considered to have "forfeited", and the opposing team will be awarded a "bye" and 2 competition points.

There is no shame or blame attached to this action, and teams that choose to play down often do so for good reason to do with player welfare when there is a perceived mismatch or safety issue.

Incidentally, there may be confusion as to which team forfeited if, say, View 16Bs play Grammar 16As and Shore 16Bs play some other mob.
Who pulled out - did they both forfeit? If it can't be established who pulled out first then it will be deemed that the away team is the forfeit.

We depend on the honesty and goodwill of our forum score reporters to help us sort this s#@t out if it happens!
Need to check this but I think New 14Bs are playing Kings Cs, and Kings 14Bs are playing Knox.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
After coming back from a long sebatical away from the forum, as a long time riverview fan -and old boy this news is gutting.
Hey there V2011.
Been a while. The usual gang of View fans have disappeared and the yr 12 boys must be stuying as we have not had the usual invasion of them for a while. Looking forward to the game at Leichardt. Are you going?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
News in from ‘the swamp’. Blindside flanker number 6 Tim Sekel is ruled out for the rest of the season after sustaining an ankle injury during the Scots v View game.
This is sad to hear. The number of injuries sustained from this fixture is an important (and painful) reminder that a decent playing surface is important, particularly as players get bigger.

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
TABLE CLARIFICATION

Eyes and ears has sent me this message.

"Your tables are going to be thrown into chaos this week as I believe Riverview 16As are playing Grammar 16As."

as the saying goes, we can only play what's in front of us!

If Shore choose not to put their 16As up against Riverview, then by definition they forfeit and View gets the 2 points - simple.
No chaos, but a huge disappointment for Shore rugby, I would have thought.

It would be strange since Joeys only beat Shore 40-31 and Kings lost 15-17 to Riverview in R1, then Kings only beat Shore 17-5 in R2.
So it's not like Shore are getting flogged and would not be up for the View game - they're competitive.

Please note that for the purposes of this competition, only the top two divisions of each age group from Opens to U13 of the "official" 6 schools are considered. If a school chooses not to put their As or Bs up against the corresponding teams from the other school, for whatever reason, then that team will be considered to have "forfeited", and the opposing team will be awarded a "bye" and 2 competition points.

There is no shame or blame attached to this action, and teams that choose to play down often do so for good reason to do with player welfare when there is a perceived mismatch or safety issue.

Incidentally, there may be confusion as to which team forfeited if, say, View 16Bs play Grammar 16As and Shore 16Bs play some other mob.
Who pulled out - did they both forfeit? If it can't be established who pulled out first then it will be deemed that the away team is the forfeit.

We depend on the honesty and goodwill of our forum score reporters to help us sort this s#@t out if it happens!
just double checked and the schedule says

12pm: SIC 16A’s vs Grammar 16A’s
12.30pm: Shore 16A’s vs Grammar 16A’s
1pm: Shore 16A’s vs SIC 16A’s

All of them are scheduled for the same oval at Northbridge suggesting a mini tournament of sorts so I guess you will need to treat the halves as full games for the ladder (if the schedule is correct).

view2011glory

Frank Row (1)
Hey there V2011.
Been a while. The usual gang of View fans have disappeared and the yr 12 boys must be stuying as we have not had the usual invasion of them for a while. Looking forward to the game at Leichardt. Are you going?
Yes, I bet the forum would have been unusually quiet over the school holidays. Am definitely looking forward to the clash of the season with my reunion occurring on the day. Is sad to see the event having to be held at Leichhardt a true sign the school is heading in the wrong direction. Should definitely be very fun though, no doubt you'll be there.

tombookbarry

Frank Row (1)
The 1993 and 2014 teams fall into the category of "the world that shall not be mentioned". In 1993 case, it was on an industrial scale and will forever taint that premiership
I agree 1990 joeys side was the best I saw but Scot’s 2014 just as dominant
The details of Scot’s importing players in 2015 I can’t comment on however their best player was the son of an old boy(1987 team).

The 1990 joeys side had a core of boys who had been at school from year 7 (i include Jorgensen who started year 9)
They were however augmented by 3 new arrivals in 1990. Thompson (aus u17 89)
Ryan (NSW schools 89) Prior (NSW u15 89)
In addition they benefited from year 12 repeaters Lemmich (captain) and Isaac (aus schools 1990)
These dominant teams can be celebrated for what they were ie beautiful to watch.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yes, I bet the forum would have been unusually quiet over the school holidays. Am definitely looking forward to the clash of the season with my reunion occurring on the day. Is sad to see the event having to be held at Leichhardt a true sign the school is heading in the wrong direction. Should definitely be very fun though, no doubt you'll be there.

Why do you think a game at Leichhardt is a step in the wrong direction? When I first saw it I thought the exact opposite.

TheScrumScientist

Frank Nicholson (4)
6o5b8q.gif

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
My sincere apologies for contributing to a discussion regarding the playing future of a player.
I sincerely regret my participation.
You can see how quickly one comment can get out of control.
I will do better.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
There are a few who have yet to submit their tips for round three.
These are due by Saturday morning when I get up and publish them.
Please message me these or publicly state them for the world to see.
This round will be tough.
So far the tipping has been very even in all three games.

TIPS- Week 9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.