• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Another angle

8DB49CB9-9A27-4A7B-930B-7F771A62FDA7.jpeg

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
It’s quite delusional too not say the same about riverview. It was a TRIAL match, both teams were experimenting pal. Joeys weren’t only school who were experimenting in a trial match. Also quite ignorant to leave out the fact that both O’Donnell (the best Aussie schoolboy of 2021) and Bowen both got injured in quick succession around the time the score line was around the 28-0 mark. It would’ve been a VERY easy win if those injuries didn’t take place.
Kind Regards,
GCG.
well, I guess we can agree to differ on that. There's not much doubt that Joeys would have smoked them in the comp.

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Frank Nicholson (4)
From "anyone's year" to clearly being "Joeys year" again, what's the thoughts on the each of the schools results thus far?
Joeys - Another title, no more words
View - So many close loses, what could have been
Kings - Improving with a young team, great win yesterday
New - Had chances, however not able to finish games (except the Scots win)
Scots - 1 from 4 speaks volumes and may have repercussions for the rugby program
Shore - Biggest improvers, credit to the coaching staff and the rugby department

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 6 Report

Riverview 20 def Joeys 19
This game went exactly as I predicted, expect that Riverview won! What a contest it was at Leichhardt Oval. There was no score at all in the first 17 minutes, but a Riverview box kick put Joeys under pressure and a kick charge down by Riverview led to the first try. Riverview 7-0. Just a couple of minutes later a Riverview penalty goal extended the lead to 10-0. Joeys then responded with better territory and a quick tap penalty resulted in the first Joeys try under the posts and Joeys narrowed the gap to 10-7 at half time.

Joeys came out firing early in the second half and soon crossed for another forwards try to take the lead for the first time in the match 14-10. Riverview responded quickly and wonderful backline play saw the home team retake the lead with a try on the INP side of the field. Great play from the Wolves and they moved into a three point lead 17-14. What a game!

With 15 minutes to go, a penalty 30 metres out gave Riverview the chance to extend their lead and it proved crucial to the final result. 20-14 to Riverview. In the final minutes Joeys worked their way the entire length of the field, only to have a try held up. Then from a Riverview drop out they were able to cross the line right on full time. Riverview 20 Joeys 19 with the kick to come. At this stage I have to say that I feel for any player who has the result of a game (or premiership) on their shoulders and in this case the Joeys kicker was unable to convert the try, resulting in a 1 point win to Riverview. Still, Joeys will have a chance next week to share the 3rd XV premiership if they can overcome Kings at Hunters Hill. For Riverview, it was a well-deserved victory that keeps them in the premiership race. A win by Riverview next week over TAS will guarantee a share of the Col Windon shield with the winner of the Joeys v Kings match.

Kings 19 def Scots 5
This game certainly turned out to be the contest that I expected, with a first half that only yielded one try. Kings scored after 6 minutes through sustained pressure and a number of penalties. Then Scots commenced their counter attack and for the next 10 minutes had numerous opportunities to cross the Kings line. However full credit to the Kings defence that held up extremely well. It was still 5-0 to Kings at the break.
Kings scored their second try early in the second half with excellent forward pressure and play close to the breakdown. 12-0. With five minutes to go, a really slick backline play from Kings resulted in their final try and a 19-0 scoreline. But Scots were not done and just on full time made a fast break up the right hand side for a classic winger's try. Where has this been all season? In the end a well deserved win to Kings over a persistent Scots team. Kings now travel to Hunters Hill for the inevitable premiership showdown with Joeys. The winner will be guaranteed at least a share of the premiership and the loser will make their own arrangements.

Grammar 20 def Shore 8
There was lots of talk before this game that Shore had hit late season form and I had also commented that they were unlucky not to be higher up the table, but I noted that Grammar cannot be underestimated. It proved to be the case at Northbridge. After just 7 minutes, a turnover at the breakdown on half way saw the Grammar winger dash 50 metres to score the first try. Excellent play! A penalty goal to Grammar five minutes before half time took the score to 10-0. Shore were having some difficulty containing the large Grammar forwards. Just before half time Shore responded with their own penalty goal for a half time score 10-3 in favour of Grammar.

It was eight minutes into the second half when Grammar demonstrated slick runnning and passing that led to a brilliant try by their winger in the corner. Terrific play and they jumped to a 15-3 lead. It wasn't long before the powerful Grammar forwards crossed the Shore line again to give Grammar an unassailable 20-3 lead. Shore scored a consolation try on full time but it was a disappointing result for a team that has promised so much this year. Well done to Grammar on a comprehensive victory in this match.

We look forward to the final match ups on Saturday to end a 3rd XV competition that has been extremely close throughout.

Well done to all teams

INP

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
First prize for silliest comment of the season, congratulations.

The AAGPS didn’t consider any school to be the winner, there was one round of the comp.

I know that some wag circulated a mocked up notice of the AAGPS 2021 premiership being awarded to View, if you fell for that and all it’s grammatical errors…. Well let’s just say you need a course in critical thinking and reasoning.
if you want to get pedantic, you'd have to say that Joeys won the 2021 Premiership because after the one and only round, they had the equal most competition points and the best For and Against.

ballsoverball

Bob McCowan (2)
you need a course in critical thinking and reasoning.
Regardless, view was atop the ladder including trials. Hope you're able to come to peace with the fact Joeys lost to View last year .

As a Joeys Y12 boy myself you're embarrassing us - we won this year didn't we?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
An early public service announcement that parking at Stanmore will be very tight on Saturday as the School hosts "Back to Newington Day" for the first time in 3 years. It's always a great day for past and current members of the school community, so if you are planning to come along, allow a bit of extra time to get there and then to hang around, there will be lots to see and do.

And come on an empty stomach. The stall lineup includes the B&W Café, BBQ Stall, Pie Stall, Donut Stall, Gozleme Stall, Lemonade Stall, Gelato Stall, Soup & Corn Stall, Fruit & Veg Stall, Taste of the Pacific, Indian Spices & Flavours, and Little Bit of Lebanon.
Sounds awesome. I love when this is done at rugby games. Warringah have done this well at big games. I am always keen to pay a few more dollars for something decent.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Regardless, view was atop the ladder including trials. Hope you're able to come to peace with the fact Joeys lost to View last year .

As a Joeys Y12 boy myself you're embarrassing us - we won this year didn't we?

as a Yr12 boy I would have thought you would know that there is no such thing as a "Ladder" that includes trials.

and how do you square this (your) statement - "View had the two Australian schoolboys in our team out" - with being a Joeys Yr12 boy?

:eek::rolleyes:

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I felt like this call was a one for one situation. Joeys first try to kick off there point scoring run was extremely questionable on whether the winger got the ball down. For me on Cluch it didn’t look like he got it down and even the winger looked unsure until he got few players pushing him back the halfway line.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
You’d think that over a century of getting their butts kicked by Joeys would give these Riverview boys excellent practice at being gracious in defeat ! Not the case judging by the whinging, whining and complaints in the forum chats

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
I felt like this call was a one for one situation. Joeys first try to kick off there point scoring run was extremely questionable on whether the winger got the ball down. For me on Cluch it didn’t look like he got it down and even the winger looked unsure until he got few players pushing him back the halfway line.
It was right in front of me, well 10 odd yards away. definite try. whole area could believe that the linesman would not make a clear call. Many offers to drive him to specsavers......

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Seems Kings lower age groups are really struggling at the moment. U15,14,13. Doyle fields proving a happy hunting ground for away teams. Won't be much better this week.

Can Shore end up 2nd on the ladder? Whoda thunk it. Good on em

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
RESULTS STILL NEEDED.

• 15As: KINGS v SCOTS
  • 15Bs: NEWINGTON v SHORE
  • 15Bs: KINGS v SCOTS
  • 13As: NEWINGTON v SHORE
  • 13As: KINGS v SCOTS
  • 13Bs: NEWINGTON v SHORE
  • 13Bs: KINGS v SCOTS

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
and how do you square this (your) statement - "View had the two Australian schoolboys in our team out" - with being a Joeys Yr12 boy?

:eek::rolleyes:
Good point.
Lets allow these Riverview lads some time to process the loss and not antagonize them anymore.
As the Lord once said, "forgive them Father for they know not what they do"

Status
Not open for further replies.