• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Last round!

All tips MUST have a POINT SCORE (I’ll work out the spread)
Example.

Scots v Shore.
You tip Shore 42-10. (+32)

Final score

Shore 32 Scots 0

You win 10 points

Points reminder

1 for a draw
3 points for the win
5 points if the win is achieved 1-5 points over your spread
10 points if you tip the exact margin
20 points if you tip the exact score (including a drawn score)

Please message me your tips ASAP.

Tips will be made public on Saturday morning for all to see.
Here are this week’s games. Team on the left in each pair is the home team.

Joker
Skating on thin ice since 2010

TIPS- Week 11.jpg

O

Old High Boy

Just posted on the CAS thread - whispers are growing about a return to the GPS H&A comp from a few years back... has anyone else heard this recently?

number1footylego

Frank Row (1)
yeah because shore 4ths are too scared to play joeys think joeys 4ths winning prem buddy not shore. get your facts right please
Old Riverview boy here, as an old member of the 4ths i just want to say this toxicity is not needed. Lachie (Kennard) Clift and Hugh Crookes are now in the 4ths at shore with Henry Douglas Menzies as Skipper. Benny Howie and Jackson (PLC) Bowers will be the tee boy, coming on in the last 5 minutes to run rings around the opponents.
Regards
Old Riverview boy

I agree with the joker. The Riverview boys won the battle of the cheering. Maybe there is some truth to the Joeys stand conspiracy? With the closer numbers this time around, the ‘View boys’ were clearly on top for the entirety (was good to see the dead come to life with Iggy.)

The old boys from both schools behaved poorly, with many yelling whilst the kicker were lining it up. However it was nice to see the old boys chatting their war cries, with some old iggies and the view boys chanting together.

sidenote: I hope all involved in the fall with the railing are safe and uninjured.

The first half saw a great show, with both teams looking good. Despite all of that, joeys were too clinical in the second half. Some tough forward running and slick backs plays got them over the line. 13 was class, and got the ball going forward through strong ball carrying. The slightly undersized view foward pack were out muscled.

Congratulations to joeys on another premiership (most likely undefeated, and as solo premiers). They were too good against view, and have been too good this entire season.
old boys chanting their old school war cries..... how sad they have left school time to grow up and leave the chanting for the children....

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Frank Nicholson (4)
Obvious a Scots old boy or a schoolboy troll who is upset about the 16 a's game on weekend which is actually justified with the photo sent earlier showing that he is clearly out. Pretty sad to hop on a Rugby forum and disrespect young talent and especially the kings way of coaching. Kings had the upper hand all game and drag the Scots boys in with pick and drive then go wide as shown in the excellent try they scored with the work of the backs showing great pace and skill. I am yet to mention how some of the Scots parents came up to the kings 16 a team after the game "Scots can't beat the referee" " how much you paying the ref" and continue to slander the boys. This was hugely disgraceful and put shame on the few parents. I suggest you had off back to the east and stop having a cry about a 16 year olds playing school boy footy mate.

SW
Im not sure, I think it has been written by a Kings parent albeit, a parent of a forward!

Taking out the comments re forwards and backs, I think the piece could be written about any number of the schools. They all need to get back to some genuine coaching from the A's down to the lower grades.

TKS won on Saturday, irrespective of any penalty count or decision by the Sarge the scorebook says TKS won.

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
Any thoughts on Newington vs Shore 2nds?
Great performance by Shore. Although a somewhat sloppy first half with some missed tackles here and there, the Shore boys rallied together and proved to display a dominant second half leading the scoreline 23-12. Moment of the match was the Shore five-eighths 50/22 late in the second half, taking Shore out of the red zone and into a strong attacking position. A well deserved win.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
not half as sad as most of the posts on this forum unfortunately.
Joeys v Riverview.....the game that launches a 1000 new accounts.
Hope the wave of outrage subsides shortly.

By the way.....Joeys have won the winter sports double.
FOOTBALL and RUGBY.
First time they have done this since 1994.
They did it once before in 1988 when Football was introduced for the first time.

From just a quick glance the following have also done the winter code double.

St Ignatius, 2003, 2008.
Congratulations Riverview

PickandDrive

Bob McCowan (2)
Dear Shore boys,

This weekend of footy is one of the biggest moments of your sporting career. You boys have the opportunity to beat Scots across all 3 top grades and wouldn't that be a wonderful way to finish your schoolboy career and furthermore cap off one of the most successful seasons across all grades in your colleges history. Rally together and bring home the goods against the Bellevue boys and finish the season on a high note!

PickandDrive

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
Dear Shore boys,

This weekend of footy is one of the biggest moments of your sporting career. You boys have the opportunity to beat Scots across all 3 top grades and wouldn't that be a wonderful way to finish your schoolboy career and furthermore cap off one of the most successful seasons across all grades in your colleges history. Rally together and bring home the goods against the Bellevue boys and finish the season on a high note!

PickandDrive
All open teams sweep

PickandDrive

Bob McCowan (2)
Great performance by Shore. Although a somewhat sloppy first half with some missed tackles here and there, the Shore boys rallied together and proved to display a dominant second half leading the scoreline 23-12. Moment of the match was the Shore five-eighths 50/22 late in the second half, taking Shore out of the red zone and into a strong attacking position. A well deserved win.
Great analysis! This Shore seconds team is showing a lot of fight and ticker and doing their school proud. They are finishing their season strongly and are being led by a couple of standout players. Their key players 8, 10 and 13 have really stuck their fingers out and are leading this team nicely. The 8 carries the ball exceptionally and is guaranteed to bust a tackle every time he carries, the 10 organises exceptionally and has stood up in pivotal times during the game ( like the 50/22 against Newington) and the 13 is very explosive and looking damaging and like he's going to make a break every time he runs the ball. Myself and many others are expecting these 3 boys and many others within this team to step up and beat Scots.

PickandDrive

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Dear Shore boys,

PickandDrive
Even though they are playing Scots, I am hoping for Shore's success. AAGPS needs a resurgent Shore. This seaon has been the closet in years. Despite Joeys on top, it was NOT easy and no game was actually a given. Shore played their part in this and I hope they take the sword to the rampant lion on the Death Star this weekend. If they do, you will hear the cheering from Hunters Hill.

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)
Even though they are playing Scots, I am hoping for Shore's success. AAGPS needs a resurgent Shore. This seaon has been the closet in years. Despite Joeys on top, it was NOT easy and no game was actually a given. Shore played their part in this and I hope they take the sword to the rampant lion on the Death Star this weekend. If they do, you will hear the cheering from Hunters Hill.
Speaking of the Hallowed Turf, Joeys will cap off this weekend an incredible dominant championship. However, news out of Joeys is that Paddy 'big head' Lemon may be making his debut this week in the 3rd XV to cap off his incredible career at Joeys

Thoughts on the Kings v Joeys 16A's game this weekend. Given that it is a decider for the premiership, I believe the contest will be one to watch, and a pre-cursor for the 2024 1st XV. Kings forwards look great, and their backs are improving. Joeys a solid all round team.
Tip: Kings 24-Joeys 12

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Oh damn I just noticed my Green and Gold rank is now Ken Catchpole.
One of the loveliest men to walk the face of the earth.
It was an honour to call him friend.

Here he is in 1956 playing Joeys at Bellevue Hill.

25507808_10214931543793139_3082044796319589625_n.jpg

Match report!

1659933061467.png

Status
Not open for further replies.