• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on the Kings v Joeys 16A's game this weekend. Given that it is a decider for the premiership, I believe the contest will be one to watch, and a pre-cursor for the 2024 1st XV. Kings forwards look great, and their backs are improving. Joeys a solid all round team.
Tip: Kings 24-Joeys 12
I think the fellas playing in the game and everyone on the forum are not fussed about the result of this.

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
Even though they are playing Scots, I am hoping for Shore's success. AAGPS needs a resurgent Shore. This seaon has been the closet in years. Despite Joeys on top, it was NOT easy and no game was actually a given. Shore played their part in this and I hope they take the sword to the rampant lion on the Death Star this weekend. If they do, you will hear the cheering from Hunters Hill.
I agree Joker. I think lots of people will be rooting for Shore in all the grades. Should be a great afternoon of footy out at BH.

BringTheBiff

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree Joker. I think lots of people will be rooting for Shore in all the grades. Should be a great afternoon of footy out at BH.
I think the crowds this week for most games should be very big - most year 12's will get out to the last games and Shore looking for a 3 game win streak should definitely attract some of the boys. Game of the round i think

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
4ths call up Hugo 'eeyore' Pearcy, started the game at 7 and absolutely dominated the game against Newo's 3rd XV with stifling defence and being a menace at the breakdown not to forget his game breaking speed and power to shrug off would be tacklers. A great prospect for shore in the future!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Except for Joeys, this is tightest I have ever seen in a long time.
It is incredible to see teams conceding so many points, even the eternally frugal Marists have conceded over 60.
What blows my mind is that Shore has scored more points than Scots! Is that a sign for this weekend?

comp tables Round 4 interim.jpg

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thoughts on the Kings v Joeys 16A's game this weekend. Given that it is a decider for the premiership, I believe the contest will be one to watch, and a pre-cursor for the 2024 1st XV. Kings forwards look great, and their backs are improving. Joeys a solid all round team.
Tip: Kings 24-Joeys 12
Joeys looked amazing against view, Gordon Durrie was their best player and I think Joeys will win, meaning Newington will win the prem

RuckLover1988

Frank Row (1)
Inside Information:

The GPS season in 2023 is returning to the 10 game setup, where every team will vs each other twice in competition games.

Gained from a high up in Riverview staff, I believe the return to this format is better for the game all round. No more "lost once, your out". Every team gets many opportunities. It also gives the games more meaning, instead of 7 pointless trial game.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Inside Information:

The GPS season in 2023 is returning to the 10 game setup, where every team will vs each other twice in competition games.

Gained from a high up in Riverview staff, I believe the return to this format is better for the game all round. No more "lost once, your out". Every team gets many opportunities. It also gives the games more meaning, instead of 7 pointless trial game.
Great news, will only strengthen the tradition between the schools and showcase what has been a very competitive year.. Imagine a team like shore who started off slowly and then coming home with a wetsail - the possibilities!

ballsoverball

Bob McCowan (2)
as a Yr12 boy I would have thought you would know that there is no such thing as a "Ladder" that includes trials.

and how do you square this (your) statement - "View had the two Australian schoolboys in our team out" - with being a Joeys Yr12 boy?

:eek::rolleyes:
Obviously there isn't a ladder that includes trials. But special scenarios require special consideration, and in a season where one regular season game was played it only makes sense to include trial games.

And for your HUGE discovery in which you really caught me out, it was simply a typo where I missed the letter Y.

Please calm down. As I've already said, let's just enjoy the rugby for what it is and stop arguing over little comments.

Heres to the Cerise and Blue!

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
So Joeys had a great season and won with a game to spare but they were beaten by 20 points by Barker so how do they rate !!

Danny_wilbur

Frank Row (1)
Well seeing as my last comment was deleted, I'll try to word it in a way where it doesn't sound like i'm single-ing out certain players.

I basically replied to a comment before that spoke about the TKS 16a backline and how there was no talent. It's not my place to say, but I do believe there is great potential. Kings 16a's have improved a lot since the trial games in term 2. After losing the game to View at the start of the GPS season, they returned in term 3 as if they were a brand new team. The backline aren't the best but they are improving with each game, whereas the forward pack have been outstanding from the get go. Underrated players in their backline are their 13, 15, and 14, however, I would argue that the outside centre is the best player in the backs after observing his recent performances this term. Unfortunately, his hands haven't been on the ball much and I would've loved to see him get more involved offensively.

cheers,
Danny.

Truth-teller

Bob McCowan (2)
I feel like certain blokes have been targeted on this forum to an extent where it's simply out of order. To say all this stuff about a bunch of 16-year-olds is just weak and frankly a bit obsessive. Furthermore, labelling such players as "talentless" and "lacking ability" is just utterly ridiculous and untruthful. I believe we need to stop singling out players for the sake of criticism, it is getting to the point where the young lads are getting judged as if they weren't just playing 16's rugby.

Do better!

TT

Masterscrummager

Frank Row (1)
Shore vs Scots should be a cracker of a game this weekend with shore hungry for their third consecutive with and Scots looking to hit back after their tough loss to kings. Have heard that shores hooker Cam Johns will be out this weekend which is a huge loss as he has made a massive impact on their recent success. Should be a great day out at bellevue hill and can’t wait to see the end result. Shore by 3

I feel like certain blokes have been targeted on this forum to an extent where it's simply out of order. To say all this stuff about a bunch of 16-year-olds is just weak and frankly a bit obsessive. Furthermore, labelling such players as "talentless" and "lacking ability" is just utterly ridiculous and untruthful. I believe we need to stop singling out players for the sake of criticism, it is getting to the point where the young lads are getting judged as if they weren't just playing 16's rugby.

Do better!

TT
Amen to that my brother. Couldn't have said it any better mate, the way the boys have been treated across the forums is atrocious and needs to be stopped. I feel sympathy for all of the King's players that were singled out in that little outburst earlier today, you do not deserve that! Louis especially, you are nothing but talent mate and for anyone to say such things earlier is nothing more than untrue. Let's do better!

#NMNL

Status
Not open for further replies.