• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Scots win seconds outright on the back of the draw with kings. Joeys well beaten at BH so well done scotts.
Weird decision by kings with a minute to go and 2 points behind - given a penalty about 20 out on the 15m line but opted to go for the lineout instead of the kick for goal to win the premiership. I’m totally miffed.

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Weird decision by kings with a minute to go and 2 points behind - given a penalty about 20 out on the 15m line but opted to go for the lineout instead of the kick for goal to win the premiership. I’m totally miffed.
It happens. in 87 I watched joeys 1st take taps against scotts down 10-6 with 20 to go for most of the last 20. scotts defence held. they kept fringing and joeys kept taking it up.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It happens. in 87 I watched joeys 1st take taps against scotts down 10-6 with 20 to go for most of the last 20. scotts defence held. they kept fringing and joeys kept taking it up.
That’s 35 years ago though with 4 point tries, looser ruck rules, and with 20 minutes to go. Don’t talk to me about Scots that year!!

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Still Hurts (it was not my year) but that intercept. 5m out. basha scored just after half time. the issue was not the penalties. the issue was most were direct in front and they should have taken the 3. they could have all afternoon. it was dumb footy.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Still Hurts (it was not my year) but that intercept. 5m out. basha scored just after half time. the issue was not the penalties. the issue was most were direct in front and they should have taken the 3. they could have all afternoon. it was dumb footy.
Yeah don’t worry, I was in the kings team that year - we were in front of scots the whole game and then at the end of a dubiously long 2nd half our 5/8 went to kick the ball out and it hit the no 8 in the back of the head, who was ruled offside. Scots kicked the penalty and won 9-8, cruel way to lose to the eventual premiers. We were no match for Joeys the next week though!

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cluch has Newington 39 Iggies 33.

Unusual season in that it looks like only Joeys have a positive points differential.

Joeys +55
Newington 0
Shore -5
Kings -6
Iggies -17
Scots -24
Interesting, I imagine that confirms that it was one of the closest seasons of GPS rugby for some time.

ScrumGod9696

Bob McCowan (2)
Very good game of rugby at Bellevue hill today. Was an outstanding game with scots obviously winning the first half and shore being the better team in the second half that was topped off with a magnificent field goal by shore to win. 32-29.

Status
Not open for further replies.