• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
...one of the many ways in which King's is superior
Kings also win in the toilet block stakes.

1684908775356.png

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Does anyone know what is going on with New? They have a side of experienced rep players with Rodwell, Ata, McLean and the Cleverly brothers, strong wins against Knox and Waves but just can’t seem to get it together. At this rate they may be last in the comp

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Does anyone know what is going on with New? They have a side of experienced rep players with Rodwell, Ata, McLean and the Cleverly brothers, strong wins against Knox and Waves but just can’t seem to get it together. At this rate they may be last in the comp

in all fairness they have played kings and view the two top teams in the comp.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Don't think anyone has noticed but Joeys View Leichhardt tickets are now up for grab, said this last year, even if your a neutral or support a different school highly recommend you go watch at least one cross river rival game in your lifetime - a true spectacle.
I choose not be there.

It may surprise you but I strongly support the View yr 12 players who are denied playing Joeys in their traditional swamp.

The 8th wonder in the world helps no school in particular and is only being used to keep the old boy reunions in check. I find the atmosphere to be un-rugby like suitable for the occasion it is. #letthemplay

1684914083680.png

Last edited:

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
in all fairness they have played kings and view the two top teams in the comp.
In addition, Both games could have easily gone the other way. Not denying both Kings and View a good win but the talent is still very much there with New. What is more concerning (imo) is that they lost both home games against View and Kings. Unless they improve massively over the next few games, i don't see newington beating Kings or View away.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
I chose not be there.

It may surprise you but I strongly support the View yr 12 players who are denied playing Joeys in their traditional swamp.

The 8th wonder in the world helps no school in particular and is only being used to keep the old boy reunions in check. I find the atmosphere to be un-rugby like suitable for the occasion it is. #letthemplsy

would have to agree and disagree here with you joker.

agree due to the fact they are losing there chance to play cross town rivals at there home ground, whilst also losing the “home ground advantage”

Disagree as these boys get an opportunity which only so little truely do, which is to play at a professional rugby league/ union stadium. A thing boys in the 1s 2s and even 3s would almost never experience. Whilst also getting to feel like it is a professional game due to the crowd size.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

agree due to the fact they are losing there chance to play cross town rivals at there home ground, whilst also losing the “home ground advantage”

Disagree as these boys get an opportunity which only so little truely do, which is to play at a professional rugby league/ union stadium. A thing boys in the 1s 2s and even 3s would almost never experience. Whilst also getting to feel like it is a professional game due to the crowd size.
Pretty sure the View vs Joeys game last year brough in more spectators then majority of AU super rugby games this year...

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I choose not be there.

The 8th wonder in the world helps no school in particular and is only being used to keep the old boy reunions in check. I find the atmosphere to be un-rugby like suitable for the occasion it is. #letthemplay

View attachment 16151
I’m with you on this.

I’m not a fan of it and don’t let it be spun as the spectacle needs the space. It’s because of the state of View last year and what they let it become.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Pretty sure the View vs Joeys game last year brough in more spectators then majority of AU super rugby games this year...
Yes it did but this is schoolboy rugby and it should be played at schoolboys. Joeys crowds each weekend often beat Tah's attendance recently

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes it did but this is schoolboy rugby and it should be played at schoolboys. Joeys crowds each weekend often beat Tah's attendance recently
Didn't they used to televise GPS games?, would love to see them bring it back. I know SkySports in NZ does it for schoolboys.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)

If that's the case it is a shame that View passed up the chance for the 1's game to be the curtain raiser for the Tahs game later that day.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
IMO, a lot of individual brilliance but not enough cohesion, can't say I'm anywhere close to the Newington camp, but from there attack it looks kind of pedestrian with one out run.

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
I choose not be there.

View attachment 16151
It’s a shame that this is the case, completely ruins the experience for the View year 12s. No Year 12s have seen a GPS Joeys home game since 2018 (when they were in Year 7).

Another aspect of the institution and culture of the King's School that has really impressed me is the development of their lower grades. Last week they not only beat Newington in all competition teams, but they also had their social team, I believe they are known as the Serpents, beat Knox at 8am, on Knox main oval. I was able to see part of their game on YouTube, and honestly, it was some great footy. Cross-Field kicks, impeccable line-outs, I was genuinely surprised with how entertaining the game was, definitely worth a watch.

You can really tell its just a bunch of mates who love the game. Really good to see. Great Stuff!
I too have seen this Serpents team, they popped up on my Instagram feed just the other day doing their team song, “Oh When The Serps”, I just had to chuck them a follow!

Great to see these boys having some fun and playing great footy at the same time. No doubt you should all have a gander! I believe their username is TheKingSerpents on Instagram. They’ve just posted their weekly “Wallpaper Wednesday”, love to see this culture and mateship, in a time when it is so forgotten!

Cheers,
UnionLover1975

Status
Not open for further replies.