• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
Rodwell and Farr jones have been ruled out for this weeks game and stanley martin has moved from flanker to wing.

1. Dante Zapp
2. Lipina Ata
3. Billy Mougious
4. Jacob Veiru
5. Charlie Foster
6. Luca Cleverly
7. Charlie Burt
8. Josh Va'alotu
9. Cooper Hickey
10. Matt Humphries
11. Stanley Martin
12. Matteo Cleverly
13. Daniel Lua
14. Casey McLean
15. Talis McEwen

McEwen will be tested on defense especially for someone of his size, however, he's very quick and good with ball in hands. Very decent team.

Sharples should be able to kick joeys into this game. 50/22s will be on all game!!

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Yes, you are correct. Missed this.

St Joseph’s 29 lost to Shore 31
Tries: Dillon Walford 2, Liam Walker 1,
Corey Ashby 1; Goals: Liam Walker 3
Penalty Goals: Liam Walker 1

The final passage of play will be long remembered by all who participated. St Joseph’s tackled for an amazing 27 consecutive phases as Shore maintained possession and eventually scored to win the match 29–31. This was a magnificent example of defence and discipline by both sides and concluded an exciting game of rugby.
From memory, the big Shore 12 scored the winning try after Joeys PK clearance missed touch (and then 27 phases)

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I have just heard from my nephew at shore (I think of him as a niece given he plays 14 though besides the point) that apparently Angus Sinclar the 1st coach was a previous coach of this current aloys year group in the 16s(this may be incorrect). I find this quite interesting that he didn't follow through with them, though as he tells me Angus wasn't quite the biggest fan, not showing up to games etc.
because Angus was playing Shute Shield?

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
News out of shore camp that luca fulton the star number 8 has done his knee at training. Very sad for him as he is in year 12. Unsure of the full details of the injury.

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
tips for this week
View vs Kings
A very good week of fixtures with the 2 favourites of the season riverview and kings to vs eachother i think this will be a close one but kings to just get the edge over view.

Shore vs Scots
i think this is set to be a really close match between the 2 schools that both tied with joeys but i think scot’s just get over the edge because of shores injury and sickness filled team.

Newo vs Joeys
I don’t have much idea about either of these teams so i’m unsure of what the score will be. Joeys aren’t on the level they are normally on but they are still pretty good. Newington have vsed arguably the 2 top teams so hard to tell where they’re at. I think Newington will get over joeys in this fixture.

Final Tips
Kings +5
Scots+3
Newo+5

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
3rd XV Round 1 – 27 May
Well, the trials are finished and it’s Round 1 for the 3rd XV Competition – seven rounds between 8 teams for the Col Windon Shield. Trial results indicate a very close premiership race is ahead, with only a few points separating Kings, Riverview, Joeys and Scots with Shore close by in the trial matches. Much harder to tell how TAS, Grammar and High will fare this year as they have not yet played the other teams, but the first round will sort that out. Kings and Riverview will both be looking to defend their co-premiership from 2022 and go one better to win it outright, but they will not have it all their own way. Should be an excellent contest.

Scots 3rd XV v Kings 3rd XV
This is definitely match of the round for mine – a rematch of the recent trial which Kings won at home by 14-12. But this match is at Bellevue Hill, and I think that gives Scots the upper hand. Kings had a great win over St Pats 1st XV in their final trial so will be well prepared for this match and Scots are coming off a very close trial loss at Riverview last week which will have them fired up. I do like their chance of upsetting the defending premiers at Bellevue Hill but regardless of the outcome we can expect a really good match.
Scots by 2.

Shore 3rd XV v High 1st XV
Shore held Joeys for much of the game last week in their final trial at Northbridge. It was 10-10 in the second half before Joeys ran away to win 27-10. Shore showed some good resolve and were right in the contest for much of the game, so they are well prepared for the competition season. High travelled to Armidale last week and despite losing 17-5, they are a vastly improved team from last year. High has also demonstrated the ability to score points in the trials and that is definitely in their favour. Having seen Shore play last week, I think they could prove too strong for High, but the 2023 High 1st XV will not be easily beaten and it should be a great match.
Shore by 7.

TAS 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Riverview travel to Armidale for their first competition round match. TAS are coming off a good win over High last week in the early round 7 clash. Given Riverview’s extremely close trial match against Scots last week I am expecting a very close contest here, but I think Riverview should prevail in the away fixture and commence their title defence with a win.
Riverview by 5.

Grammar 1st XV v Joeys 3rd XV
Grammar’s trial form has been hard to read – they have had three losses to non-GPS teams before an easy win over St Pats 2nd XV last week. Joeys on the other hand have had a couple of tough trials against St Greg’s 1st XV followed by recent wins over Scots and Shore. So, I am picking Joeys here on the basis of their runaway win at Shore last week, but it is always a close match at Rushcutters Bay where Grammar have won the last two competition matches, most recently in 2020 for the premiership.
Joeys by 7.

Good luck to all players and teams for the competition season.
INP
Grammar v Joeys is at 11am for the interested fan. You can watch it and still get to another ground

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Gen Blue 18s Prediction

1. Hamish Grover
2. Lapina Ata
3. Tom Goddard
4. Toby Brial
5. Zion Poithia
6. Ollie Aboud
7. Benji Noble
8. Liam Sullivan
9. Hwi Sharples
10. Joe Dillon
11. Hadley Tonga
12. Tyrese Lokeni
13. Liam Grover
14. Leo Jacques
15. Tom Klem
16. Bailey Park
17. Lotu Vunipola
18. Edwin Langi
19. Ned Erricson
20. Austin Durbidge
21. Henry Curll
22. Tom Klem
23. Mitch Woods
William Goddard. Tom Goddard is his halfback older brother.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Players from TAS, Grammar and High are considered for GPS selection and have been selected in the past.
Two TAS players and two Grammar players were selected in the combined GPS teams in 2019.
Two Grammar players were selected last year in GPS White XV. (Remembering that the AAGPS picks four teams initially - 1st XV, 2nd XV, Blue XV and White XV.)
Sheldon from Grammar made GPS 1sts at 10 a few years back. It is possible but unlikely.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Whats everyones thoughts on Joeys #10, Johnty Fowler?

Although he is small for a 1XV side, his ball skills are up there with the best ive seen in schoolboy rugby. Haven't seen much of his defence but would like to know more of him as a player.
Jonty still young being 16’s eligible, in fact his older brother Joey will be picked ahead of him for Australian Schools No.10.
Jonty may be Schools No.10 in 2025

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Any early predictions for 16s GPS team interested to see with Joeys most likely taking the major share
1. Prior (Joeys)
2. Ghattas (Joeys)
3. Davenport (Kings)
4. Green (Joeys)
5. Fonua (Kings)
6. / 7 Massey (Joeys)
6./7 ? There is a decent option from Newington but I am unsure of the name.
8. Taumaupau Joeys)
9. Grover (View)
10. Fowler (Joeys)
11. Farah (Kings)
12. Gough (Joeys)
13. Hartman (View)
14. Kynan (Joeys)
15. Palmisani (Joeys)

Prior, Massey and Gough are all currently injured so they might run out of time to play for a spot. Ghattas and Green are the only 2 Joeys players currently playing in the 16’s team, the rest are injured or opens. Most of the others names are currently playing opens as well. The majority here all played Sydney U15’s and were amongst it for U15 Gen Blue trials. No doubt there are some other names worthy of consideration and some will say that the list is too heavily favoured to Joeys …. But the for and against in 15’s last year explains why it is that way. Apologies if I’ve spelt names incorrectly.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Before we get the results of Saturdays games to discuss and comment on, I have pasted Cyclopath's post from earlier this morning to remind us all.

Please take it seriously.

ANY posts deemed to be offensive, shit-posting, slagging off other forum members or players, or talking up your mates will be deleted, and those posting will be banned.
There is zero tolerance.
If people don't take this warning seriously it will be locked permanently.

Last edited:

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Grammar v Joeys is at 11am for the interested fan. You can watch it and still get to another ground

Same kickoff time of 11am for the Scots v Kings 3rds (also on Cluch)

Unfortunately ALL games involving SBH and TAS will not be streamed by Cluch this season as per directive posted on the AAGPS website (dated 9th May).

Missing out this Saturday...
Shore v SBH
TAS v Riverview

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
1. Prior (Joeys)
2. Ghattas (Joeys)
3. Davenport (Kings)
4. Green (Joeys)
5. Fonua (Kings)
6. / 7 Massey (Joeys)
6./7 ? There is a decent option from Newington but I am unsure of the name.
8. Taumaupau Joeys)
9. Grover (View)
10. Fowler (Joeys)
11. Farah (Kings)
12. Gough (Joeys)
13. Hartman (View)
14. Kynan (Joeys)
15. Palmisani (Joeys)

Prior, Massey and Gough are all currently injured so they might run out of time to play for a spot. Ghattas and Green are the only 2 Joeys players currently playing in the 16’s team, the rest are injured or opens. Most of the others names are currently playing opens as well. The majority here all played Sydney U15’s and were amongst it for U15 Gen Blue trials. No doubt there are some other names worthy of consideration and some will say that the list is too heavily favoured to Joeys …. But the for and against in 15’s last year explains why it is that way. Apologies if I’ve spelt names incorrectly.
Certainly got good genes in that group. Both Prior and Ghattas‘ Dads played Aussie Schools and were both part of the famous 1990 joeys 1st XV, if they play Joeys 1sts (along with Max Jorgenson) that will make 3 sons from that team to follow their Dads. Taumaupau’s dad also played 1st XV 2004 and captained Aussie schools (Waratahs forwards coach). With 3 of them getting 1st XV game time this year it will be a scary team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.