• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Please remember to be respectful of players on this forum when using there names.

1z0xqv.gif

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Lots of harsh punishment on the kings 12, people do have to remember when the game plan at kings is for him to shift around between 10,12 and 15 he is able to create more opportunities for himself.

the game plan seemed just to send him as a block runner or send him to run straight at a brick wall of defenders. Can’t exactly expect him to do anymore than he did last night. I thought he was solid and played like a more traditional 12.

Please remember to be respectful of players on this forum when using there names.
Quite a good point.

How many games has he started in a position for Kings out of interest? I’ve only seen him at 10, 15 but he always looks like a 12 whilst in them. You want him roaming. Hard in these rep teams when you only have a couple of sessions together before a game. Coaches are likely to just fall into a very traditional structure with the short prep.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Perhaps they should have used some of the players from Grammar, High and TAS. May have gotten a different result
This is something you might want to take up with the Schools you list in regards to their Rugby Program before implying the boys selected weren't up to it.

I think it's fantastic that Country and Sydney got the wins in competitive games. Bodes well for NSW, Aus teams moving into the year. If GPS had sent 4 teams and won them all people would be saying how Rugby it's shrinking and dying (not saying its healthy currently). CAS had 2 good teams out there also. In regards to Sydney Juniors it showed the difference of time and game play. Whilst the same age as the Schoolboys and a number of them still are, the skill/player development of doing pre season with 19/20 year old's and some of them the Premier Graders makes a huge difference. I'll take the 18 year old Prop who has done pre season against West Harbour 2nd Grade pack every day of the week. Speed of the game might not change between 1st XV & Colts but the physicality moves up as they naturally grow. So when these boys fall back against a schoolboy side they aren't being battered.

We can be critical of Rugby and their structures but the change to U18s has been a good one. I worried the demise of CHS would see all that talent go down the toilet and no have no path in Rugby but this has allowed them to get in there mixed with some GPS, CAS, ISA boys who are young but finished school.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Teams re-chosen for 1sts and 2nds this Friday

AAGPS REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS TO PLAY ISA AT ERIC TWEEDALE STADIUM FRIDAY 23 JUNE

1st XV.
Kick off @ 3.25 p.m.

1 Nick Ashdown (K)
2 Lipina Ata (N)
3 Edwin Langi (K)
4. Jacob Veiru (N)
5 James McCreery (E)
6. Luca Cleverley (N)
7. Austin Durbidge (K)
8. Toby Brial (S)
9 Hwi Sharples (J) (Capt)
10 Joe Dillon (I)
11 Hadley Tonga (K)
12 Boston Fakafanua (K)
13 Liam Grover (I)
14 Casey McLean (N)
15 Tom Klem (E)

2nd XV.
Kick Off @ 2.10 p.m.

1 Hamish Grover (I)
2 Bailey Park (K)
3 Nate Tiitii (K)
4 Joe Mangelsdorf (J)
5 Fred Kearney (A)
6 Johannes Logan (J)
7 Marshall Le Maitre (E)
8 Joshua Va’alotu (N) (Capt)
9 Hugo Orpin (E)
10 Henry James (S)
11 Tom Farr - Jones (N)
12 Tyrese Lokeni (K)
13 Matteo Cleverley (N)
14 Aidan Gow (S)
15 Tallis McEwen (N)

BENCH
16 William Guilfoyle (S)
17 Oliver Burton (G)
18 Billy Mougios (N)
19 Arthur Greer (J)
20 Benji Noble (I)
21 Henry Curll (I)
22 Sam McLachlan (K)
23 Pat Broe (J)
24 Charlie Ulcoq

Light Training at The Shore School Sports Fields Sailors Bay Rd Northbridge Thursday 22nd June @ 3.30 p.m. for both teams

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPPING RESULTS for the rep games.

Oh my...what a night and what a tipping competition.
@Love2Scrum picked the margins in two games and scored 20 points. I've said it before, margins matter if you get them right
Well done!

@rugbyAU still leads but the gap is closing with @marlins merchant closing in by two points closely followed by @Aagpsglory and @dusk

Results Week 9 REP.jpg

I am taking a break this coming and will not be taking tips on the next round of rep rugby.

Tipping resumes 22 July with ROUND 7.

Meat Pie Bandit

Frank Row (1)
Hey Joker, I wanted to potentially start a bit of chat on the forum rating each venue's pies out of 10. I'd like to start off with my worst rated pie - the Newington pie's (had it a couple years ago and never since). I rate that a 2.9/10. Keen to see what you think.

Cheers
TheTicklishTackler
Leave that to me....
I've already been making a "pie chart" that ranks the pies as I eat each schools Saturday canteen pies, going to each school wherever Shore is playing (as I'm a Shore dad), and getting a pie each week.

Shore has not yet played at Joeys this season, although, this is the next matchup for Joeys and Shore, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to the Joeys pies and I suspect they may be the best in the GPS as Joker clarified they're from Bourke Street Bakery (very scrumptious), but unfortunately Shore's Northbridge canteen has no pies and there have not been any standouts I've eaten yet this season, which may prevail Joeys to have the best pies (still have to try Scots and Riverview as well).

Just for clarification: Last night at the GPS vs CAS game, the closest pies were at 7-eleven Wahroonga with fourntwenty pies and Bonjour Patisserie in Wahroonga shops with gourmet pies, as well as Chargrill Charlies with unique pies such as butter Chicken Pies and other eccentric pie flavours. I saved myself from the cold yesterday getting a pepper and steak from Bonjour patisserie, was a textbook P&S.

I will release the ranking of GPS pies at the end of the season. Until then, keep eating.

Meat Pie Bandit

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hey Joker, I wanted to potentially start a bit of chat on the forum rating each venue's pies out of 10. I'd like to start off with my worst rated pie - the Newington pie's (had it a couple years ago and never since). I rate that a 2.9/10. Keen to see what you think.

Cheers
TheTicklishTackler
Nice idea.

I did something like years ago and you could guess who won....Shore.
Best pies served by the lovely North Shore mothers.
The crust was perfect and filling (even though it did have vegetables) was filled with large pieces of meat, good gravy and no gristle.
Now this is all you see in the canteen. So sad.

7bb4a8c6-fe97-425f-a3ee-94e50109de69.jpg

Ok, who is next?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
We still have lots of results missing from round 6 - have we missed any?

Not a single Riverview - Newington result!!

Please help

@Rudderless are you able to help with the Kings results from last weekend?

Rd 6 Results - interim#2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.