• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Throughout 2022, the AAGPS has undertaken a strategic review of the AAGPS calendar and sporting programs, in order to maximise offerings and to provide the best possible experience and sporting program for our students. As a result of this process, the AAGPS is announcing changes to the format of some competitions commencing with the summer season from Term 4, 2022. The Basketball, Cricket and Tennis competitions will revert to a "home and away" 14 round model. In the 2023 winter season, the 1st and 2nd XV Rugby and 1st and 2nd Grade Volleyball competitions will revert to a "home and away" 10 round model. All other competitions and sports in the summer and winter seasons will remain as per their current formats.

The 2023 Rugby draw has now been posted

3rd Grade stays the same at 7 rounds (playing each other once)

Last edited:

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks very much Rudderless.

I note that Round 5 for the 1st and 2nds (but not the 3rds) is scheduled for Thursday 8 June, prior to the Long Weekend.

Regards
INP
INP

Yeh I saw that and wondered why. The Thursday 8th June in 2023 is the last day of school (for Kings and I'm assuming most other GPS schools) with Friday always being Boarder travel day for the June long weekend.

The Draw shows just one lot of Internal games to occur on Sat 1st April (Kings finishes Term 1 on Wed 5th April)

The 1st Saturday in Term 2 is the 29th April......nothing in the Draw for that date.

The 2nd Saturday is the 6th May......nothing in the Draw for that date.

The 3rd Saturday is the 13th May which is Rd 1 for the 1st and 2nd XV's

The 3rd XV Rd 1 begins on Sat 27th May and as you pointed out, they do not play a round on Thursday 8th June.

Thanks again for your in depth predictions, analysis and reviews of the 3rds comp.......it's always a great read.

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I am not a fan of the home and away.....lacks passion. When each game is played like a grand-final, now that builds tension. This will mean will be also playing a bloody Leichardt Oval each year. When will we ever see the SJC v The Filth at the Swamp?

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I am not a fan of the home and away.....lacks passion. When each game is played like a grand-final, now that builds tension. This will mean will be also playing a bloody Leichardt Oval each year. When will we ever see the SJC v The Filth at the Swamp?
I’ll let the F word slide there due to winners privilege.

If View somehow pull their finger out and do something about the mud heap it should be back immediately. Absolute bullshit for the boys and a cop out by the administration.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
NSW Waratahs U16s and U19s take on the Brumbies in the second round of the National Championships on Sunday.

This Sunday
⏰ 12:30pm - 16’s Kickoff
⏰ 2:00pm - 19’s Kickoff
David Phillips Sports Complex, Daceyville
LIVE on Stan Sport

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I’ll let the F word slide there due to winners privilege.

If View somehow pull their finger out and do something about the mud heap it should be back immediately. Absolute bullshit for the boys and a cop out by the administration.
Can I just check - so the game at Leichardt wasn't well received? I thought the general feeling was that it was a success?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Can I just check - so the game at Leichardt wasn't well received? I thought the general feeling was that it was a success?
From my opinion it turned the showpiece game of schoolboy rugby into a thuggish, boorish day with View Old boys causing issues, a View announcer who didn't know the the rule that "silence is Golden" and rugby league pies that shouldn't even be served to pigs.

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)
From my opinion it turned the showpiece game of schoolboy rugby into a thuggish, boorish day with View Old boys causing issues, a View announcer who didn't know the the rule that "silence is Golden" and rugby league pies that shouldn't even be served to pigs.
Always laugh how the don’t criticize or take cheap shots at others rule on here doesn’t seem to extend to Riverview or include some people on here

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Always laugh

Then I have done my job.

joker-the-dark-knight.gif

ronald edwards

Frank Row (1)
NSW Waratahs U16s and U19s take on the Brumbies in the second round of the National Championships on Sunday.

This Sunday
LIVE on Stan SporW

This Sunday
LIVE on Stan Sport
Was watching today from behind the post do you have any idea how many of those boys were AAGPS boys?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

The behaviour of the VOBs behind me at Leichhardt was bordering on disgraceful. However, pausing the match to allow the View players to catch their breath just as Joeys were on the verge of monstering them, as they did in the Seconds, was dodgy in the extreme.

WTF is it about the View PA fella? At Lane Cove it's impossible to get a word in to fellow spectators and/or friends without one's ears being continually blasted about the offerings at the Father Mac Pavilion. As if anyone ever needs to be told over the PA where to get a pie, etc! And I certainly don't want to ever know what Giles Noonan (SIC 1958) is up to at his Swiss chalet.

Last edited:

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
This Sunday it’s Round 3 (of 5) of the U16s & U19s Rugby Championship

Waratahs v Rebels at Daceyville 1.30pm and 3pm

Brumbies v Reds at Viking Park 2pm and 3.30pm

Live on Stan Sport

Goosestep

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joker, give it a chance I reckon …. Home and away gives teams the chance to get “revenge” if they lose the first game, surely this will create its own passion and tension with players and fans alike.

also its give opportunity for teams not “give up” on the whole season if they lose more than one or two games.. which happens a lot in the current format.

runningrugbyrules

Herbert Moran (7)
The Riverview 1st XV is shaping up to become a strong force in 2023. With the likes of Liam and Hamish Grover returning as well as Flynn English who is a genuine talent. Joe Dillon was exceptional this year and I can only imagine he's gonna get better.

Big things coming
In other news the Eels will be strong in 2023 and will win the comp …………….. hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.