• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Well not many predicted a score line like that but sure makes the sun shine feel just a bit warmer.

After a stalemate first 10 mins View got it going and got it going quickly for 3 consecutive tries. A try on right on halftime gave the game life and nerves but View put that to rest right out of the blocks with some really entertaining old school Aussie type tries from 50m out.

No quit from Scots but they got outclassed, out run and out cheered. Scots lost the fight in the middle (1-5) that let Views backs run riot.

Best on ground for me:
View: Tight 5, 7, 10
Scots: 8, 12

*The being put bagpipes in the 2nd half was appreciated

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Ref doesn’t miss/fall off tackles from 50m out, not cover grubbers or be heads up on quick taps.

Scots 2nd try started from a pass that at best was only half a meter forward.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
(because that really affects the outcome of the game) Simply fuck off. He's a 16 yr old kid on debut and you want to strip him of an excellent try, because the refereeing wasn't on par with super rugby? It's schoolboy rugby ffs, if you want super rugby refereeing, almost every ruck would be penalised for players off feet and players illegally entering the ruck.
Um ok? Wasn’t directed at any players. Am at the ground and immediate reaction was how the hell did he get there. The answer is per above. Reffing was generally great otherwise.
14 actually outplayed Hadley for a large part of the game, credit to him.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Damn phone died. Great to see a cracker of a game. Shore played well and were dominating in the second half. Great support from a vocal traveling band of supporters. Hi there guys. I heard you but I was speaking to my son on the phone. Next time actually come over and say hello.

View are looking really good, I reckon they could beat the Kings team that played Newington today. (Don't get pissed I didn't watch all of Kings game, but heard many things). Joe Dillon takes control of the game and makes things happen, while he creates stuff all the other backs run with him and run into gaps and etc. Really impressive stuff that would outplay many teams.

Scots injury count has also been increased with Max Laverty (u16) coming off straight away with a buggered shoulder, 2XV debut and really unfortunate that that happened for him. Also, Charlie Swan the prop for the 2s also came off with a screwed arm or shoulder I'm not really sure.

Update on Aidan Gow, he has his whole leg in a cast with a stress fracture, his right hand thumb in a splint with a torn tendon and his whole left arm in a sling due to something I don't know. Not sure how many weeks but I don't reckon he'll be back for the season.

Sorry for being chatty, thought some would want an update.

Regards,

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
not going to come on here blaming the ref and all, because Scot’s are not playing well at all. But the ref is a definite view old boy and the bias impacted the game. View still would have won, but not by the margin they did. Well played view though, avoided the GPS clean sweep (loss in 3s, 2s & 1s)
So you didn’t blame him, you just went straight to bias instead. For the record, the referee is not a View Old Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.