• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Alfred Walker (16)
Now that everyone is talking about 2024 lineups does anyone know any u15 players that will play firsts next year? There’s always a few.

Talen Risati, he’s the kings fullback for 15As.

Came this year from oakhill and is regarded as the best player in this age group across the state.

He started for the 16As at oakhill in year 7 and was the winger for the 2nds in year 8. Without a doubt he’ll be apart of the 1st xv next year and realistically could have been in 2nds this year but kings chose to be patient.

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would switch the 13 and 14 and kobi lomas over charlie.
I agree in switching Mackellar into the centres, I considered Lomas however opted for Francis as Kobi has been injured all year and I can't justify placing a player who has missed a year into the 1st XV, of course I hope he comes back stronger next year and will definitely contend, if not take one of the winger spots in the 1sts.

i heard that Newingtons first 16 is working on a new chant for there newest member Heamasi Makasini and it goes to the rythym of just the 2 of us

Chant:
I see the kings defenders fall
When Heamasi runs the ball
Hit him short he goes right through (through)

They pray for mercy all the time
1on1 they bout too die
We hit him short they go oh poo

Just the 2 of them
You cant make it if you try
Just the 2 of them
1-1

Just the 2 of them
You cant make it if you try
Just the 2 of them
You will die

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Props are very hit or miss especially the u16s
I agree with you here, props have never been Shore's strong point although they have been blessed in recent years with the likes of the Stiel brothers, Baxter and more. The props who look to be contending for the 1st XV next year do not look as strong as you would like, however I did overlook Jamison Lyne (3rd XV) in my team and would now predict the front 3 for Shore next year to look like 1. Lyne 2. Warner 3. Harvison. Obviously interchangeable seeing what the rest of the forward pack does (Harvison may play 8, Hamilton may move to the second row, etc.)
Collector.

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
You need more than height, heart and skill need to be developed by kids before playing opens or even up an age group.
totally agree that Height is not everything but once you see this Big Beheamouth play you will see he puts his body on the line and puts his pride and ego to the side and shows up in big games. A few more U 15's that could play opens are ashton large slotting somewhere on the wing or in the centres on the 2s and Gut rossi possibly playing prop for the 2s. Just an idea what do y'all think?

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
I'll have a crack at the predicted Scots 1XV for 2024.

1. Joel Jacobs
2. Elliot Sainford
3. Tom Duddy
4. Finnlay Bartlett
5. Charlie Barber
6. Harry Gianoutsos/Angus Newman
7. Charlie Ulcoq
8. Toby Brial
9. Geoff Hughes/Max Patterson
10. Max Soepono
11. Jay McKenzie
12. Onitoni Large
13. Zac Fittler
14. Aidan Gow
15. Leo Jaques

The one I'm probably weary of is No. 6. Harry Gia is a great defender and really throws himself in everything but maybe lacks size. Gus Newman has been terrific for the thirds this year and a huge part of their go-forward.

Could also see Cody Clarke and Harry Harrington fit in the prop position or maybe even this flanker position.

And the hooker is also another one but he seems like the next person in line.

Let me know of any changes, open to criticism.
Cooper Guerin?

Unusual Running Style

Bob McCowan (2)
Breaking News out of SIC. Hugh Graham has slotted into the 2nd XV starting lineup in replacement of Will Hodge as Will has contracted a very rare disease of obesity after eating 3 Baguettes, 1 Up N Go and and an Ice Break coffee milk. Very bad news for Riverview's star 'Stud Muffin' of a hooker although Hugh Graham hasn't been seen much this year as of Injuries although will definitely be a good fit.

Cheers The HAYNE PLANE

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
Breaking News out of SIC. Hugh Graham has slotted into the 2nd XV starting lineup in replacement of Will Hodge as Will has contracted a very rare disease of obesity after eating 3 Baguettes, 1 Up N Go and and an Ice Break coffee milk. Very bad news for Riverview's star 'Stud Muffin' of a hooker although Hugh Graham hasn't been seen much this year as of Injuries although will definitely be a good fit.

Cheers The HAYNE PLANE
nonsence chat like this can be had on the "lads mail chain" not a footy forum seriously cut it out

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Who sang it better @Joker? Is it true this was pinched from your Marist brothers?

It is one of the oldest known Marian prayers and among the most ancient preserved hymns to the Blessed Virgin Mary that is still in use.

WE fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Joeys have been using this style for decades. It is not a chant but a genuine expression of love and hope to Our Lady. When you speed it up and clap hands it changes it’s true nature

Conor Dempsey

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree with you here, props have never been Shore's strong point although they have been blessed in recent years with the likes of the Stiel brothers, Baxter and more. The props who look to be contending for the 1st XV next year do not look as strong as you would like, however I did overlook Jamison Lyne (3rd XV) in my team and would now predict the front 3 for Shore next year to look like 1. Lyne 2. Warner 3. Harvison. Obviously interchangeable seeing what the rest of the forward pack does (Harvison may play 8, Hamilton may move to the second row, etc.)
Collector.
Don't doubt on Jamison Lyon, he's a big boy and not to forgot James Warner, who arguably should've made GPS this year. Who's been playing gun footy except for his game playing for Sydney throwing those line outs.

The Demo:p

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
E8C6F145-C501-4B95-8BC2-F8D7E1D8409F.jpeg
94A1C6D6-A40C-431A-BCF7-9286FE172C28.jpeg
6E32B7AA-C528-4E11-BECA-4AAB6DC4CC4A.jpeg

Keen to see what Sam Sharman from views 2nd XV has to offer, he looked dangerous against Scot’s despite losing but I believe he will be one of the main players that will lead this team to beat a strong kings side.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
It's still 2023 lads and the season is far but over. The predictions for 2024 are interesting but they would be better suited for the forum once the season is finished. Let's focus on the present rather than the future.

Cheers, Uncle S
Good call UncleSam

Joker when you get a chance, could you please create a NSW AAGPS 2024 thread so next years banter stops clogging up this one.

Let’s just stick to these last 3 important rounds for ALL teams to discuss here.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
This Saturday the 29th of July, a very mature student lead initiative (Charlie Bull - injured 1st XV player, was listed in the Domassi XV (help me out fellas or gals - what is a Domassi)) will see View 1sts, 2nds and 3rds running out in the "Fight MND" beanies to support raising money in the fight against Motor Neurone Disease. This currently incurable disease has impacted a significant member of the Riverview Rugby community and the donations will go towards finding a cure for MND. If you happen to find yourself out at SIC this weekend for the highly anticipated matchup, be prepared to bring a gold coin for a donation, or if you've gone to technology there will be a QR code with a link to donate. A similar initiative led by the "electric" 2nds halfback Ed Carter will occur in the final round (Vs Shore), however for the Mark Hughes Brain Cancer Foundation.

This can become a reminder for the boys with so much going on in their life, to take a step back and realise "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."
– Eckhart Tolle

In saying that, rip in this weekend boys, through all grades.

@Joker I'm expecting a great game preview for this round of games.

A

AAGPSSUPPORTER

totally agree that Height is not everything but once you see this Big Beheamouth play you will see he puts his body on the line and puts his pride and ego to the side and shows up in big games. A few more U 15's that could play opens are ashton large slotting somewhere on the wing or in the centres on the 2s and Gut rossi possibly playing prop for the 2s. Just an idea what do y'all think?
I think you should be concentrating on your studies. No need to be playing boys up, it doesn help their development. Assuming you are a student at TSC. Keep doing your research little guy.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
This Saturday the 29th of July, a very mature student lead initiative (Charlie Bull - injured 1st XV player, was listed in the Domassi XV (help me out fellas or gals - what is a Domassi)) will see View 1sts, 2nds and 3rds running out in the "Fight MND" beanies to support raising money in the fight against Motor Neurone Disease. This currently incurable disease has impacted a significant member of the Riverview Rugby community and the donations will go towards finding a cure for MND. If you happen to find yourself out at SIC this weekend for the highly anticipated matchup, be prepared to bring a gold coin for a donation, or if you've gone to technology there will be a QR code with a link to donate. A similar initiative led by the "electric" 2nds halfback Ed Carter will occur in the final round (Vs Shore), however for the Mark Hughes Brain Cancer Foundation.

This can become a reminder for the boys with so much going on in their life, to take a step back and realise "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."
– Eckhart Tolle

In saying that, rip in this weekend boys, through all grades.

@Joker I'm expecting a great game preview for this round of games.
Been a while, but I shall do the Swamp Monsters v the Parramatta Cows match. Too good to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.