• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

Banned
I understand the attituded of rugby that anyone of any size can play the game and dominate as seen in Riverview 7 Benji Noble but in certain instance it does not apply. My nephfew has a genetic disorder with his knees that have affected his growth plates limiting his hight to only 4ft 9. so in this instance I think he is not suited for such a heavy contact game.
ah I see, great that he's playing team sport :)

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Riverview no.1 Oval tomorrow

Riverview v Kings

8am 7ths
9am 6ths
10am 5ths
11am 4ths
12pm 16A's
1pm 3rds
2pm 2nds
3.15pm 1sts

Weather forecast a top of 23 deg with a 30% chance of rain.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Rudderless

I'm no New old boy but isn't the pavilion you mention called the Glasson Pavilion ?
Anyway, hopefullu Co-ed is a long way off. Won't help New's rugby program and it needs all the help it can get by the looks of the junior results.
Bullocks

Your right....I'm showing my age. Back in the 80's the Buchanan was the no.1 Oval. The Pavilion was used during the week for War Cry practice and heaven help you didn't sing. You'd be dragged down the front without your feet ever touching the ground by the Year 12's !!

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
I've heard the view boys are not only doing the fundraising for MND but also wearing black tape around their arm for Bronny James as well as a minute silence before the game for Bronny and his family.

seems to be a group of boys that care about more than just themselves. love this initiative from the view boys.

#uptheretheviewboys

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
While talking about moments of unity and respect many may not know about the moment before the game last term between SJC and TSC.

Normally a school Principal attends the matches but on this day Dr. Lambert could not as he was attending his mothers funeral. Before the game both schools lined up to show support. The crowd rose and not a sound was heard for a long 40 seconds. It was lovely see the support given by the community of both schools.

I wish all at View the very best with their fundraising efforts tomorrow.

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
Have Kings posted team list for tomorrow? I heard they had some injuries last week that were rested - will they return or follow the other games where they have returned in their 2nds?

I

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Hello all

With it being Round 8 of 10. could I send a shout out to have the Games Program issued by Riverview Newington and Shore be screenshot and pasted onto this forum ASAP tomorrow.

It would be great to have 3rds 2nds and 1sts posted.

As a reminder the 3rds Joeys v TAS and SBH v Grammar will NOT be available on Cluch TV

Best of luck to all teams/schools tomorrow.......play hard but fair.

GO KINGS........REMEMBER....PASS THE BALL TO HADLEY TONGA

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
FRIDAY is last chance TIPS DAY

With a very active day behind us (mostly from those pesky View laddies) maybe today we shall hear some tips from those who are lurking in the shadow. Again the punters are not sure on the Lane Cove Lunch Club Ladies v the Parramatta Princesses Party Girls match up. Later this morning a more in depth and totally unscientific review shall follow after my 6th cup of coffee.

In the meantime, the Wookies are starting to sharpen with the bookies and some lapsed catholics are starting to lose faith in the cattle dogs revival. Finally, the battle of Stirling Bridge will of course see the annual best of the north vs the excess of the east in a classic match up in handbags, 4WD and latest Italian fashions. Word has it that you can't get a good blow dry today anywhere east of the Kings Cross Tunnel. While the Northprivledge life continues to glide along smugly just like the imported swans that swim inside their indoor pools.

View attachment 17027
View +1
Joeys +19
Shore +1

thanks Joker

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
As an old boy the talk of going co-ed (at Newington) is crazy with the already limited space. Interesting that it seems no girls-only schools want to go co-ed.
This crazy co-ed crusade is a pet subject of mine. Why? It seems to've been more contagious in Victoria with the two Geelongs, Wesley, Haileybury, Carey and others adding girls to the school contingent. This practice has spread to New South Wales with St Andrew's, All Saints, Scots Bathurst, TAS, a handful of Catholic systemic schools and, now, Cranbrook adding girls.

The only girls schools to open their doors to boys I can find are SCEGGS Redlands, Rosebank in Five Dock and Calrossy Anglican School in Tamworth. One of the TAS mothers told me a coupla years ago TAS going co-ed will eventually be the death of one of the two girls schools there, NEGS or PLC Armidale. Might I suggest to our Presbyterian friends the spacious grounds of PLC Armidale would be perfect for boys.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Newington is not going co-ed any time soon. This idea was merely introduced last year and they themselves mentioned this wasn't going to be implemented any time soon.

Rugby Enthusiast Mat

Stan Wickham (3)
Throw in Ontini Large who will be in year 10 next year and is one of the best schoolboy football players going around. The Scots backline next season will be very good largely year 11 and possibly Ontini year 10. I also heard Finn Bartlett is being transitioned to possibly No 8 , where he plays for Northern Suburbs I believe/told. The backline current 10. plus Jacques, Fittler, Reimer, Heslin and possibly number 9 battle between Hunter Ryan and Max Paterson, anyway time will tell lets hope the 1st do bit better.
With their current team having 12/15 year 11/10s they will be very hard to beat in the 2024 season.

Rugby Enthusiast Mat

Stan Wickham (3)
To add to that I believe Jeffery Hughs will most likely be Scots 1st 15 9 despite his small stature only weighing around 60 kgs as he played the last round in 1s against Riverview over Max Paterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.