• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know what happened to the newington ball boy for the 2ndXV. He got taken out from a sliding joeys player and was stretchered off after at least a 10 minute break. Hope hes ok

Reactions: 777

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Anyone know what High have numbers wise in the lower age groups?

Probably unpopular but there is a point where it’s untenable and Newington offer a better option for all.

Unless there is a complete policy change within NSW Education (which there won’t) they will never be competitive in Rugby. I feel bad saying this because the boys playing don’t deserve it but the system they are administered by has done this to them.

UncleSam

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know what happened to the newington ball boy for the 2ndXV. He got taken out from a sliding joeys player and was stretchered off after at least a 10 minute break. Hope hes ok
Looked like a leg injury but I'm hearing it was a broken arm/wrist. Not entirely sure though looked pretty bad. Fingers crossed the young lad is alright.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
great game on Saturday in lane cove.

the kings boys showed their dominance again with a great performance and proved they are by far the best team in the comp. coming into round 1 this year it was really Kings season to lose with well over a million dollars invested in players it would of been a disappointing year if they were to lose the prem. all credit to them the USO'S they killed it this year.

#uptheretheviewboys

cheers footy head

comment will be lucky to last 5 minutes

so just Because a boy isn’t white means they are imports ? Love the casual racism.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
view boys enjoy losing more then winning, at least they get to whinge when they lose!

feel bad for views 1st xv a group of great young men, who are let down by the behaviour of those from there school

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, what a stupid thing to say.

Not going to win every rugby match which will show when the results get published for all of Saturdays fixtures between the schools. Was hearing quite a few 50+ wins from parents.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
No chance Newington beat Shore at Northbridge this weekend. There will be a low Newington attendance, and they will continue to rely on individual talent (which we all know will not win games). Harsh reality but it's the truth.
Shore are too dependent on certain players too, I think New start as 15+ pt favourites still

RobinHood

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know what High have numbers wise in the lower age groups?

Probably unpopular but there is a point where it’s untenable and Newington offer a better option for all.

Unless there is a complete policy change within NSW Education (which there won’t) they will never be competitive in Rugby. I feel bad saying this because the boys playing don’t deserve it but the system they are administered by has done this to them.
High beat the Newington 3rd XV this year.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
MONDAY TIPPING

Why not get in early and make your bold predictions. This weekend will see three evenly matched teams.

1690751897673.png

Shore at Stirling bridge fell in final moments last week to the storm troopers. They will want to make amends to thier passionate supporters against a Newington team that sputtered against the relentless cattle dog attack. Scots may have found a way to win ugly and at the Death Star they may have an edge. The Cows from Parramatta will be indeed the favourites but Scots is coached by a bloke who has an excellent record against them and way well reach into the old cerise and blue bag for a trick or three.

Finally the battle of Catholics. I will be once again shrugging some of the old writers rust and making my preview this Friday. If you are easily triggered by banter and humour then please, eat a cement pill and harden up. My previews are designed to promote the giggles and not the niggles. I am expecting an avalanche of commentary this week coming from the swamp. You may have the numbers but I have a cyclopath!

Cyclopath 1.gif

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
MONDAY TIPPING

Why not get in early and make your bold predictions. This weekend will see three evenly matched teams.

View attachment 17057

Shore at Stirling bridge fell in final moments last week to the storm troopers. They will want to make amends to thier passionate supporters against a Newington team that sputtered against the relentless cattle dog attack. Scots may have found a way to win ugly and at the Death Star they may have an edge. The Cows from Parramatta will be indeed the favourites but Scots is coached by a bloke who has an excellent record against them and way well reach into the old cerise and blue bag for a trick or three.

Finally the battle of Catholics. I will be once again shrugging some of the old writers rust and making my preview this Friday. If you are easily triggered by banter and humour then please, eat a cement pill and harden up. My previews are designed to promote the giggles and not the niggles. I am expecting an avalanche of commentary this week coming from the swamp. You may have the numbers but I have a cyclopath!

View attachment 17058
Newington by 3
Joeys by 5
Kings by 15

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
Huge day out at View on Saturday. Firstly the best team on the day unfortunately won the second half and Kings have taken home the trophy.

The first half clearly dominated by View and think they were unfortunate not to capitalise with most of the first half camped on the Kings try line. Great defense by the Kings boys but was surprised that the yellow card didn't come out earlier. View 10 was brilliant as he has been all year as were the other backs. View forward pack also dominated the first half and kept Kings to a first half deficit at half time.

Again I stand by my comments though that the Kings team still heavily relies on a number of key players. Number 7 (who from what I was told was nursing a bad ankle) dominated in defense and at the breakdown. Was also very impressed with Kings 2, 4 and 8 who were work horses although the large Kings 1 and 3 didnt seem to dominate as they have in the past.

Would be very interested to see a game between the Kings 1 and 2 team as their seconds seem very impressive as well and think there are def two or three players could easily be in the 1 team. Think the Joeys/Kings game to end the season will be a great contest

View, heads high boys. Thought you were going to get there but unfortunately they were just too good

Status
Not open for further replies.