• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
1682907880510.png

The AAAGPS TIPPING competition closes on FRIDAY 12 MAY

No more tippers will be accepted after this date.
Make sure you jump in this week.
Even though you may have started late you can still catch the front runners. It has happened!
All welcome.

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
Very interesting game at Knox on Saturday. Joeys took some time to adjust to a much bigger team in the wet who were happy to just pick and drive, carry one-off, and maul from lineouts. Joeys forwards actually went ok, but really missed not having a much bigger aggressive player like Doyle to disrupt a bigger opponents lineout, mauls, and to just get over the ball in heavy traffic. Maybe a bigger body like Siegmeier into the team is a consideration.

The three youngsters from the 16’s – Taumoepeau, Fowler, and Gough were all good. No reason why they won’t stay in the team. Huge reliance on Young, Sharples and Broe to guide the team around the park (and they are fantastic players). When 2 of the 3 went off it all fell apart. I agree with other comments about the substitutions. Went from dominant control and ready to score more points - to chaos- all inside 10mins. Literally no one stood on the Joeys right wing in the last 10 mins and all the play and tries came down that side. It was truly bizarre. Yep, the officiating was odd, to say the least, but away teams should know that how it works! Really hard to tell how good this Joeys team will be so far during the phoney war of trial matches.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
1682998158518.png

Is it being played at leichardt oval? Seems a bit weird to promote this match specifically on nsw rugby tv without it being at leichardt.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is it being played at leichardt oval? Seems a bit weird to promote this match specifically on nsw rugby tv without it being at leichardt.
Does not have to be the 8th wonder of the world. Newington's geography makes it easy for TV cameras plus it allows them to showcase the school. All you do if you have it at Leichhardt is to focus on the SJC Class of 2021 handy work. I would rather look at the lovely surrounds at the Stanmore Brick pit than the Leichhardt oval toilet block

1683002311121.png

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Does not have to be the 8th wonder of the world. Newington's geography makes it easy for TV cameras plus it allows them to showcase the school. All you do if you have it at Leichhardt is to focus on the SJC Class of 2021 handy work. I would rather look at the lovely surrounds at the Stanmore Brick pit than the Leichhardt oval toilet block

View attachment 15828
Yes, it would be very easy to record the games at Newington. Would much perfer at Newington aswell because its situated for lower crowd attendees. I just asked because they did the same thing with Riverview and Barker last year during a trial match.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yes, it would be very easy to record the games at Newington. Would much perfer at Newington aswell because its situated for lower crowd attendees. I just asked because they did the same thing with Riverview and Barker last year during a trial match.
Was a pre game for the Tahs at Leichhardt if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.