• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
Joeys Oakhill

Attachments

• B63540EF-A337-4383-899D-DAD298B09E17.jpeg
    B63540EF-A337-4383-899D-DAD298B09E17.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 412
  • 2B073714-2FE6-4EEA-B7F3-CA37D15C6EFA.jpeg
    2B073714-2FE6-4EEA-B7F3-CA37D15C6EFA.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 429

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
Something that is underrated for the new comp is the fact that Riverview has played with almost the same backline since Year 5. The 9,10, 13, 14 and 15 have all played together and their combinations are unreal. Keen to see how they go against the Waverly triangle players.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Something that is underrated for the new comp is the fact that Riverview has played with almost the same backline since Year 5. The 9,10, 13, 14 and 15 have all played together and their combinations are unreal. Keen to see how they go against the Waverly triangle players.
Couldn't agree more Harry, combinations over years wins comps!

How did they go v Barker last Sat, and what do you mean by the "Waverley triangle players ?" never heard of that comment before.

Reactions: 777

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
9,10,15 were good for View v Barker. Don’t think it was the same 13 as this week though.

Forwards got outmuscled early then View fought back with 2 of their own but 2 tries (80m kick return and an intercept) ended it. Better team won the game but it’s by no means a disheartening loss.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
TRIAL Game 2 tips.

Joeys are the only tip considered a dead certainty, but hey miracles can happen.
Scots and Kings seem to be split.
View at home seems to be the better choice for most
"The school that shall rename nameless" v Newington sould be a cracker.
Knox at home seems to have swayed some tipsters this weekend.

Where are you heading today?
I am packing a lunch and heading north west

Next week we start season proper.
As always, any issues let me know

TIPs 2023- Trial 2.jpg

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
There was but across the river.
Photo taken in 1917

View attachment 15870
G'day Joker. interesting to see Joeys looks like an old prison by comparison ;-)

NSW fact, Riverview was one of the first buildings in Sydney to have electricity and there were ferry's that would tour out to the Riverview wharf to see the lights. I suppose like they did to the Joeys wharf.... oh wait...

As a family who has just completed 120 years of boarders at Riverview, we have some school history and artifacts, I'll attach a couple of postcards of Riverview from 100 years ago from my Grandfather's (OR17) belongings.

The postcard of the Memorial Hall (a ground floor room of Main Building) looks the same as when I sat my HSC here in the late 80's.

Really pleased the 'View Main Oval & Farther Mac Stand being renovated, it should have been some years ago, but the school paused the renovations after there was a media circus over Shore's (impressive) reno's at Northbridge. I know our visitor's pavilion was constructed in 1946 (my uncle carved his name in huge letters in the sandstone underneath, the bloody delinquent).

Attachments

• Riverview Main Building 1923.jpg
    Riverview Main Building 1923.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Riverview Main Building from Hunters Hill 1923.jpg
    Riverview Main Building from Hunters Hill 1923.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Riverview Memorial Hall 1923.jpg
    Riverview Memorial Hall 1923.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
View attachment 15862

Tips are due by Saturday 9am (that is when I publish the tips for that weekend)
REMEMBER- No tips you will given the away teams.
J I’m a bit late to the party this year but keen to jump in. I know I missed the 9am cutoff but happy to take the away teams this afternoon in lieu of a 0 score if possible. Cheers, K

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
NSW fact, Riverview was one of the first buildings in Sydney to have electricity and there were ferry's that would tour out to the Riverview wharf to see the lights. I suppose like they did to the Joeys wharf.... oh wait...
Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure there was a joeys wharf .. it’s how the boys got the college, it’s where the rowing sheds are now

Status
Not open for further replies.