• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyhead11

Bob McCowan (2)
LAST CHANCE OFFER

If you wish to join in this weekend you can and you will given the same points as those who forgot to tip for the trial games (15)

There are still plenty of space to join.
Tips will be made public on Saturday morning (9am) for all to see.
Below are this week’s games.
Team on the left in each pair is the home team.

No new tippers will be able to join after Friday 12 May

View attachment 15937
Hey @Joker Late join to the tipping comp,
Newington +10
Kings +24
Scots +7

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
Why was Iggy the moocher banned?

I have heard the tryouts caused controversy in the past.

I always enjoyed the fun spirit it was sung.
It was banned in 21 because of the tryouts that year. A more progressive group of teachers claimed they were “frightened” and as a result the moocher is no longer. #handbreakhine

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Im glad to report the Blue and White army has bounced back form their stiff 26 point loss against Knox.
Fortunately, Ben (footy) Whatly is finally back in prime condition and has fully recovered from his recent arm injury. Rumor has it he's looking to sniff out an upset, and will stop at nothing to prove himself victorious over the Sheep tacklers this Saturday.
We wish the big fella luck as he leads the hearts of thousands of Shore boys into battle. GO SHORE
Any 1st or 2nd XV team lists available?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Anyway, I enjoy the energy and passion the View boys have. Plus a small dose of lunacy. Just get rid of that drum!

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
LAST CHANCE OFFER

If you wish to join in this weekend you can and you will given the same points as those who forgot to tip for the trial games (15)

View attachment 15937
View + 6
Kings + 17
Joeys + 4

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Trial 3

Even though the 1st and 2nd two round competition starts this week, the 3rd XV competition over one round of seven matches does not commence until Saturday 27 May.

Kings 3rd XV v Shore 3rd XV
Kings scored a close win over Scots last week and now tackle Shore 3rd XV at North Parramatta. Shore are coming off good wins over Oakhill and Knox so this will be a great contest. Kings may have the home field advantage on JS White but will have to produce their best against a very capable Shore team.

Newington 3rd XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Newington lost by a single point to the High 1st XV last week and now face Riverview at Stanmore. Riverview lost to Waverley 2nd XV but previously had a big win against Barker. I am expecting Riverview to be too strong, but Newington will lift at home on Johnson Oval.

Scots 3rd XV v Joeys 3rd XV
What a great match up this will be. Scots are coming off a close loss to Kings and Joeys 3rds had a big win over Oakhill 2nds last week. Joeys have had some good trials to date and I think they will be continue their improvement in the coming weeks. But it's always tough to win at Bellevue Hill and this match will be no different.

Grammar 1st XV v St Stanislaus 1st XV
Finally a home trial for Grammar after they encountered defeat at Kinross last week. Expect them to bounce back against Stannies who are travelling from Bathurst for this match. Grammar need to hit some form in the remaining trials as they are scheduled to play Joeys in the first comp round on 27 May.

High 1st XV v St Stanislaus 3rd XV
High fixtures indicate that they are playing Stannies 3rds (who are also supposed to be at Grammar) so I'm not sure exactly how this will play out! In any case with High 1st XV coming off their first win against Newington last week they will be looking to make it two in a row and this time at home on McKay Oval where another win would be a great result.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

INP

Morning all,

As we have a 1st and 3rd XV game being summarised each round.

Will anyone be doing the 2nd XV game summaries?
I'd be happy to do it. but, I will not be able to go to any games as I am no longer a resident of Sydney.
If someone who is able to get to their favoured school's 2nd XV games and then possibly watch the rest of 2nd XV games on Clutch Tv, I think doing a summary on the 2nd XV each round would be a great and helpful for everyone on the forum. Please reply to this post if your willing to take this role up fro the 2023 season

A second initiative.
Last year in the QLD GPS there was a 'Team Of The Week' which was filled with boys from different 1st XV teams within the competition. I starting this round (round 1) will be doing my own team of the week.
This will include factors such as, tries, runs, tackles, work rate etc. (ONLY FOR THE 1ST XV COMPETITION)

This years trial games have been fantastic across the board, I hope this continues throughout the round games. Good luck to your respective school.

The Import.
Morning All,

Just one request to add if I am to do the 'Team of the Week', may I please get the team lists so I am able to write the names of the players on the post.
The image here will be how I present the 'Team of the Week', so as you can see I will need the names of the players as well as the correct spelling.
So posting team lists on the forum are very helpful, but If you would like to message me privately the team lists for this round and up coming rounds to not give away secrets please do so. And if you still won't message me before the game then as soon as the game is over I am more than happy for that too.

Any feedback on the template for the 'Team of the Week' is greatly appreciated.

The Import.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 11.26.10 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 11.26.10 am.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 243

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Morning All,

Just one request to add if I am to do the 'Team of the Week', may I please get the team lists so I am able to write the names of the players on the post.
The image here will be how I present the 'Team of the Week', so as you can see I will need the names of the players as well as the correct spelling.
So posting team lists on the forum are very helpful, but If you would like to message me privately the team lists for this round and up coming rounds to not give away secrets please do so. And if you still won't message me before the game then as soon as the game is over I am more than happy for that too.

Any feedback on the template for the 'Team of the Week' is greatly appreciated.

The Import.
Thank you

Just to caution others. This team of the week may "trigger" some people to disagree with selections and criticize the player in question.

Example. No 5 - Montesquieu Macbeth (TKS)

No way, Monty is a slow, fat ball hog who goes missing during the hard stuff. I think Tad McMuffin (SHORE) deserves this spot.

A reminder naming and shaming players will see you getting a visit from everyone's favourite moderator..

nice.gif

Giddy Up

Bob McCowan (2)
3rd XV Trial 3

Even though the 1st and 2nd two round competition starts this week, the 3rd XV competition over one round of seven matches does not commence until Saturday 27 May.

Kings 3rd XV v Shore 3rd XV
Kings scored a close win over Scots last week and now tackle Shore 3rd XV at North Parramatta. Shore are coming off good wins over Oakhill and Knox so this will be a great contest. Kings may have the home field advantage on JS White but will have to produce their best against a very capable Shore team.

Newington 3rd XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Newington lost by a single point to the High 1st XV last week and now face Riverview at Stanmore. Riverview lost to Waverley 2nd XV but previously had a big win against Barker. I am expecting Riverview to be too strong, but Newington will lift at home on Johnson Oval.

Scots 3rd XV v Joeys 3rd XV
What a great match up this will be. Scots are coming off a close loss to Kings and Joeys 3rds had a big win over Oakhill 2nds last week. Joeys have had some good trials to date and I think they will be continue their improvement in the coming weeks. But it's always tough to win at Bellevue Hill and this match will be no different.

Grammar 1st XV v St Stanislaus 1st XV
Finally a home trial for Grammar after they encountered defeat at Kinross last week. Expect them to bounce back against Stannies who are travelling from Bathurst for this match. Grammar need to hit some form in the remaining trials as they are scheduled to play Joeys in the first comp round on 27 May.

High 1st XV v St Stanislaus 3rd XV
High fixtures indicate that they are playing Stannies 3rds (who are also supposed to be at Grammar) so I'm not sure exactly how this will play out! In any case with High 1st XV coming off their first win against Newington last week they will be looking to make it two in a row and this time at home on McKay Oval where another win would be a great result.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

INP
Great write up as always. FYI.....TAS and High kick start the Third XV comp on 20/5 at TAS

throughthehands

Bob McCowan (2)
LAST CHANCE OFFER

View attachment 15937
@Joker late to the tipping comp.

New + 14
Kings + 19
Scots + 3

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Joker
I am a Riverview Old Boy and not yr12. Just making sure we are all playing on the same field and not just on the SJC1.
Any, let's move on. Forecast for a bit of rain on Saturday. Could make the Johnson a bit sluggish and hopefully tire a few big New forwards.
Go View

Status
Not open for further replies.