• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
With Scot’s and joeys having a draw I wonder what effects this will play on premiership come seasons end. Could the draw win gps for one of these teams ? Or cost them dearly.

personally I didn’t predict newo to lose at home to view, haven’t read any game updates as of yet but I assume views backline would of been forced to step up to get the win. I don’t understand playing Baxter in the 2nds id personally pick him on the wing in 1s over McEwen.

Kings I think if they can go next week and beat newo by a large amount Will possibly effect the newo camp heavily. Joeys and Scots will both need a win to re-start their campaign and view will look to keep up their energy as shown today. Shore I just see as a team making up the numbers.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I’m from the CAS forum reading this, but that’s sounds outrageous. Sounds like Joeys were robbed. Never has been injury time in schoolboy rugby, and there never should be as the games are so fast paced. Hwi is an impressive player, never puts a foot wrong; I see him getting a pro contract next year. From what I’ve seen and heard, Kings look the best so far. The GPS seems much stronger than the CAS this year, however, Knox have a great side and Barker are always good. Here’s to another great season of schoolboy footy!
I have to agree on both points. Kings are certainly favourites at this point. View the wild card. Hard to fathom how it happens that a ref appointed to a 1st XV game doesn’t know there is no injury time. I’d love to get a look at the ruck when the final penalty was awarded as well. Looked to me like the penalty should have gone the other way for the no arms tackle / shoulder charge. But my lenses are tinted cerise and blue.

NedKelly

Frank Nicholson (4)
The ref did not give clear advice about the time remaining. When the 7 got a yellow the ref said there was 5 minutes to go. They played for so long that the 7 came back on for another 3 or 4 minutes. The linesman questioned the ref when the 7 came back on as to why they were still playing, the ref said that he was playing injury time. There is no injury time in school boy rugby. Something went wrong but the above is probably the best explanation about why Hwi took the tap option. He simply could not work out how long there was to go.
I have to agree on both points. Kings are certainly favourites at this point. View the wild card. Hard to fathom how it happens that a ref appointed to a 1st XV game doesn’t know there is no injury time. I’d love to get a look at the ruck when the final penalty was awarded as well. Looked to me like the penalty should have gone the other way for the no arms tackle / shoulder charge. But my lenses are tinted cerise and blue.
Must be getting old & daft but I still can't work out the signal - both arms horizontal across the chest at an angle (anyone?) - then pointing at the number 8 who cleaned out. Not a side entry call, possibly an obstruction call but my best guess was for a high shot on the tackler. I was watching the stream and it was on the far side so couldn't actually see.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.14.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.14.24 pm.png
    580.4 KB · Views: 237

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
With Scot’s and joeys having a draw I wonder what effects this will play on premiership come seasons end. Could the draw win gps for one of these teams ? Or cost them dearly.

personally I didn’t predict newo to lose at home to view, haven’t read any game updates as of yet but I assume views backline would of been forced to step up to get the win. I don’t understand playing Baxter in the 2nds id personally pick him on the wing in 1s over McEwen.

Kings I think if they can go next week and beat newo by a large amount Will possibly effect the newo camp heavily. Joeys and Scots will both need a win to re-start their campaign and view will look to keep up their energy as shown today. Shore I just see as a team making up the numbers.
The View backline certainly stepped up and except for a try toward the beginning of the game, They held the Newington fullback (great player) to a average game for his standards. The number 10 for View and number 15 both had great kicking games which I believe won view the game. View also defended very well on their line in the last 10-5 minutes denying Newington 2 tries through held ups.

View forwards played a excellent game with very few turnovers in the rucks, they also kept the game moving with the number 7 impressing once again for the 3rd time this season. You cannot keep him out of the game, he is in every ruck and defensively is amazing, with many pilfs and always tackling.

Overall, View played very well as a team, and are certainly shaping up to be a hard team to beat.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Must be getting old & daft but I still can't work out the signal - both arms horizontal across the chest at an angle (anyone?) - then pointing at the number 8 who cleaned out. Not a side entry call, possibly an obstruction call but my best guess was for a high shot on the tackler. I was watching the stream and it was on the far side so couldn't actually see.
He was signalling the ball carrier didn’t release. The ball carrier did release.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The View backline certainly stepped up and except for a try toward the beginning of the game, They held the Newington fullback (great player) to a average game for his standards. The number 10 for View and number 15 both had great kicking games which I believe won view the game. View also defended very well on their line in the last 10-5 minutes denying Newington 2 tries through held ups.

View forwards played a excellent game with very few turnovers in the rucks, they also kept the game moving with the number 7 impressing once again for the 3rd time this season. You cannot keep him out of the game, he is in every ruck and defensively is amazing, with many pilfs and always tackling.

Overall, View played very well as a team, and are certainly shaping up to be a hard team to beat.
I think that’s the best way to describe View. They are going to throw everything at you, their fit and they’ll tackle till the end. Holding Newington to 1 developed try (1 intercept) is a great effort. As long as they can move a game away from being tight 5 smash fest like the Barker trial they’ll keep themselves in most games and be a chance of winning quite a few.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I think that’s the best way to describe View. They are going to throw everything at you, their fit and they’ll tackle till the end. Holding Newington to 1 developed try (1 intercept) is a great effort. As long as they can move a game away from being tight 5 smash fest like the Barker trial they’ll keep themselves in most games and be a chance of winning quite a few.
IMO View were the far better team this afternoon.
Too many handling errors from the boys from Stamore.
Congratulations to the DOR and coaches from Lane Cove for their wins throughout the grades.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
FT

View 20 d Newington 12

This is a shame. Thought Newington were in for a massive season. Only 1 game in a 10 game season though I believe? Good thing about the return to the home and away season is one bad game will probably not end your season. Also the potential for some massive come from behinds on the ladder which will be very entertaining as a neutral fan. Hope Newington don't get their heads down they are a quality team.

Credt to View though. MASSIVE day for them. Looked dominant in all the age groups. Did anyone have the 13A's and 14A's results for View vs New?

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is a shame. Thought Newington were in for a massive season. Only 1 game in a 10 game season though I believe? Good thing about the return to the home and away season is one bad game will probably not end your season. Also the potential for some massive come from behinds on the ladder which will be very entertaining as a neutral fan. Hope Newington don't get their heads down they are a quality team.

Credt to View though. MASSIVE day for them. Looked dominant in all the age groups. Did anyone have the 13A's and 14A's results for View vs New?
I know the View 14A's definitely got up, not sure about 13A's

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow very dominant. Not sure if this years Shore is comparable to the team last year though? Are Shore just below GPS standard this year?
Yes this years Shore team is much weaker than the 2022 team, last years Year 12 cohort had some very good players

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
You want Joeys fans to not make excuses? Are you new here? (Sorry to all the Joeys lads who don't fall into this category, you're good lads there is just a few repeat offenders)
It wasn’t an excuse, the big lead should never have been surrendered, Scots did well to get back into the game. it was a CAS supporter who made the comment regarding robbery. The fact is there is no injury time in schoolboy rugby and the ref didn’t for some reason know that. Why do you have such a large chip on your shoulder?

Status
Not open for further replies.