• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Has anyone ever done the CAS records similar to what I have done?
J, No one has kept this level of CAS records like your GPS analysis to my knowledge.

What is known through the CAS Website (Rugby), is that since the last of the 6 schools entered the CAS in 1943 (Waverley), so from the 1944 Rugby season, that the comp winning numbers for the 1sts are as follows, this includes joint winners.

There was no winner in 2021 (covid), but the Waves were favs having easily won all 8 games played, including 3 GPS schools, just prior to the last 3 CAS being played (which included not playing Barker), Barker may have a different view as to the winner.

Aloys 2
Barker 20
Cranbrook 9
Knox 18
Trinity 11
Waverley 37.

Cheers!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
J, No one has kept this level of CAS records like your GPS analysis to my knowledge.
Shame.
Mine was a labour of love to end endless debate and settle arguments. It did take the cooperation of most AAGPS schools to get the results.
The AAGPS were useless and gave me no support all. The results on the website when I started were very inaccurate.
Having access to most trophies also helped. I had a fun conversation with Br Anthony who went through 1st shield winners with me.
I hope one day someones does the CAS one.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Very unfortunate robbed of quality that this match entails. Blake steep and finlay bartlet both involved in rugby league, would it be right to say the league season ( harold matthews and sg ball ) puts too much strain on boys as their season would go from October give or take to august. Finlay I saw in match reports from manly, as im a big manly fan and former junior, was their leading tackler and top in 3 carries and a good start according to the forum to the schoolboy season , shame we cant see him against the other gps back rows.
Blake’s been out with a knee reconstruction since last year mate. Didn’t play any league at all. Harold Matt’s and SG Ball finished weeks ago

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Or spelling. ;)
13841.gif

NoRucksGiven

Frank Row (1)
Cut the Shore boys some slack, fairly obvious they're taking the mick out of the forum but members on here still taking offense to it (we 'd be better off if we lighten up), especially as this forum consists of "footyheads" long past their schoolboy days like myself (SJC class of 95) although pretty ironic we discuss schoolboy rugby and this has unintentionally seemed to become exclusively middle aged guys but when mischievous young lads muck around they are ridiculed (as if they don't already get that enough at school).
@Joker Last weekend I saw you at the death star from a galaxy far far away. Excited for this weekend, not far from Northbridge (thank the heavens shore is playing scots at the death star next week, the bagpipes make my Saturday a nightmare) even though I'm a Joeys Old Boy. Excited to watch my young boy in the in 13D's at Northbridge B ground. Bill is a tank at prop, 73 kgs in Year 7. Future 1st XV contender if he lays off the meat pies and gives them to his father.

Meat Pie Bandit.
Well said Meaty,
My first post on this forum! Still trying to figure this out, not the greatest with tech :D. Can't wait to see you on the sidelines soon ;).
NoRucksGiven, Out!

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Joker I know the tipping comp is closed just putting this in anyways

Kings to beat new by 15
Bailey park anytime try
Tom Watts anytime try
Tom Far jones anytime try
$4.95

Scot to beat view
Leo Jacques Double
$3.10

Joeys win
Tom Klem anytime try
Pat Young over 5.5 penalties
$5.70

Cheers
3 game multi?

TheScrumMaster

Frank Row (1)
Hey forum,
I know the tipping comp is closed but if I was able to tip this would be mine:

View +4
Kings +7
Joeys +10

This 10 round comp will prove tough to schools who fail to hold much depth! Good luck to the boys on the weekend… what I would do to play a game of schoolboy rugby again!!

black and white

Frank Row (1)
scots +12
Feeling confident about this one with Scots positive record over view in previous years. I feel View has a weak left edge at the moment wich could easily be exploited on Saturday.
Kings + 5
Kings has some great confidence coming into round 2, i see them stealing this game at the death.. This will be quite the matchup.
joeys + 17
Not to much to say about this one. I dont think those north shore boys can handle a bit of tough rugby.

TheScrumMaster

Frank Row (1)
scots +12
Feeling confident about this one with Scots positive record over view in previous years. I feel View has a weak left edge at the moment wich could easily be exploited on Saturday.
Kings + 5
Kings has some great confidence coming into round 2, i see them stealing this game at the death.. This will be quite the matchup.
joeys + 17
Not to much to say about this one. I dont think those north shore boys can handle a bit of tough rugby.
Hey black and white,
Only very new to the forum so take what I say with a grain of salt! Haha!

Personally I’ve tipped Riverview but each to their own! Will be a great match I’m sure… Next week will be a great matchup between Arundell and Le Maitre, both with great footwork, speed and a set of crafty hands!!

Kings is a great tip as they are looking strong! With the likes of Hadley Tonga (if he’s back ?) I’m sure they’ll be tough to beat!!

lastly, Joeys… a bit of a no-brainer some might say! They were brutal Last week and will be very tough to beat!
cheers

TheStags

Frank Row (1)
Hey Black and white,

I completely agree with the majority of your tips. Just wanted to comment on the scorline of the joeys vs shore game this weekend, I see this game as an absolute blow out. Shore have little depth this year and are quite limited with with their centre/ wing partnerships. I’m hoping as a shore supporter Tom Klem can create some opportunities to help out the weaker players around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.