• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuelgregory37

Stan Wickham (3)
theres a lot more depth than just marshall le maitre and tom klem, such depth is seen in James warner, Tim Bannister, fin baxter, henry conick and ollie mackellar. All these names highlight the depth at shore. Dont see much depth at view
1684383679163.png

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Same goes with Stu Pinkerton TSC 87 - he's now the GM at the Wildfires.
Warwick Waugh was another from TSC similar vinatge.
@Mr Scott , slightly out of dates with those fine players. WW left 86 if I recall and Stu was 90, was Aussie schools with Scott Bowen. Fun fact about WW, has an identical Twin brother. Both excelled in rowing and rugby. One chose the farm one chased RWC glory

hardrunner4362

Frank Row (1)
@ballsinator, you seem to be in touch with the shore camp, can you give us a run down and a preview for this weekend?

L2L back at it
I couldn't tell you about the opens, but the 13A's and B's have had a terrific start to the season with 6 representative players in the A'S. Highlighted by Bill Bennet (the 80kg prop) who is running over the defensive lines. Bill is a meat pie eating machine (on and off the field). My son Toby (13B's) scored his first try against Knox in trials and was thrilled. Although I wasn't there, it was great to hear that my boy loves getting meat pie's just like me and the @Meat Pie Bandit.
Regards,
HARD RUNNER

SCRUMpscous

Frank Row (1)
I couldn't tell you about the opens, but the 13A's and B's have had a terrific start to the season with 6 representative players in the A'S. Highlighted by Bill Bennet (the 80kg prop) who is running over the defensive lines. Bill is a meat pie eating machine (on and off the field). My son Toby (13B's) scored his first try against Knox in trials and was thrilled. Although I wasn't there, it was great to hear that my boy loves getting meat pie's just like me and the @Meat Pie Bandit.
Regards,
HARD RUNNER
I too watched the 13A's performance on Saturday and may I just say what a show they put on. The grit and physicality shown by these boys is just phenomenal, the boys not only just winning with their size but also their sheer determination and quick thinking. I simply just can't wait to see these boys run on for Shore in a 1st XV jersey.

P.S. great job on your son scoring his first try what a legend!

Scrum out

OneMaulStepForMan

Stan Wickham (3)
Regards,
HARD RUNNER
Not to be a nuisance but I believe meat pie said that Bill is 70kg not 80kg. 80 kilograms in U13s would be freakish...the triangle department of music at SHORE would be getting accusations from all angles.

SCRUMpscous

Frank Row (1)
Not to be a nuisance but I believe meat pie said that Bill is 70kg not 80kg. 80 kilograms in U13s would be freakish...the triangle department of music at SHORE would be getting accusations from all angles.
However freakish it may seem it is possible, I remember during my time playing 13s there would be quite some size on the opposition. Regardless 70kg or 80kg is unbelievable for a 13 year old.

Scrum out

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe the Rugby AU 'Size for age' guideline state that if an under 13's player is over 79kg and 179cm they are required to play up an age group. https://app.education.nsw.gov.au/sport/File/5229

the chainsaw

Frank Row (1)
Hés out, front row out, Blake Steep and Grayson Reimer out and could be more across the opens program. Given its only round 2 and 8 to go its a real worry around injuries and depth.
although the new front-rower 'Campbell Bowman' is said to be pretty handy in scrumming, going to be an exciting game to watch.

aagpsrugbyfan

Bob McCowan (2)
However freakish it may seem it is possible, I remember during my time playing 13s there would be quite some size on the opposition. Regardless 70kg or 80kg is unbelievable for a 13 year old.

Scrum out
80kgs?! This kid must be a young exciting talent! It will be interesting to see how he develops through the ranks.

Afternoon All,

Just looking for the round 2 line-ups:

Scots ( I have received )
King's ( Waiting for list on Saturday from @Rugbynbeers )
Newington ( Waiting )
Joeys ( Waiting )
Shore ( Waiting )
Riverview ( Waiting )

Same set up as last week.

The Import.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
@Joker I didn't ask as I have had the pleasure or misery of having both Colin and Tim tell me about that day and the "tricks" used by certain people. Colin said of all his loses in his career, that one hurts the most
The myths around that 81 game abound...Mary turned around, Joeys held back the clock for 30min, Never give up was heard at Riverview... etc etc....

1684392041884.png

Peter Tonkin who kicked the drop goal is good friend. I asked him what he recalls of the kick and he says very little. He had been knocked pretty hard moments earlier after his 60m dash down the sideline before been thumped into touch. A bent throw from TSC saw Joeys get the scrum. The captain came over to him yelling something about a field goal. All he did was catch and kick in what he hoped was the posts. It was an ordinary drop kick but it did the job. He said he was almost crushed to death in the pitch invasion (I was on there and that is where I saw Colin losing it....he refused to shake hands with the Joeys boys when they clapped them off.....even slapping away hands) I spoke to Tim in 2008 as well. His thoughts were that someone had pulled his guts out and it took him ages to get over it.

Another chapter in the SJC v TSC book of feuds.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
And parents were so pissed off his dad was denied a1st XV spot due to the imports that they sent younger son to Shore and he ended up captaining NSW schoolboys (IIRC). Such delicious irony.
Not exactly correct, he actually played in the 92 1st XV when all clarinet players were already there. Further irony was that the guy that took his place in 93 was there from prep school and then his replacement also was injured ( clarinet player). Of course it would have been great to have Johno in the 98 team but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.