• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addicted2Rugby39511

Bob McCowan (2)
Noticed a comment about the Barker Nudgee game saying that Nudgee will have the edge fitness wise as their season is still going. Although this is a fair point a large amount of Barkers team is in the Waratahs academy working hard at Daceyville. I imagine they would be keeping fit and also their boys Nick and Charlie doing gen blue under 16s.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I think SHORE has a shot next year with a pool of talent in the year 11 and 12 class. They have a kid from Wagga Wagga named Ollie Brabin. Did not play this year due to injury but has his sights set on the 1ST XV and winning the premiership. He's a hard running forward who is quietly quick and has great ball skills. I reckon he could be the future of SHORE rugby.
Good to see Shore making a comeback. But Competition will tight from the other five schools.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Noticed a comment about the Barker Nudgee game saying that Nudgee will have the edge fitness wise as their season is still going. Although this is a fair point a large amount of Barkers team is in the Waratahs academy working hard at Daceyville. I imagine they would be keeping fit and also their boys Nick and Charlie doing gen blue under 16s.
Really hard to judge. Could say the Barker boys will be healthy with no niggles or burn out. Is everyone playing in the game? That's the other issue I see is any boy with a contract saying no thanks to an exhibition game.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)

Yes potentially. From my experience though, match fitness is very different from training fitness. I think they will struggle late in the game.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As a GPS old boy I personally think we should have a combined comp. Why not have the best of both worlds?

Have a GPS 1 round comp in term 2. Then we could have a knockout comp in term 3, with ISA, Sports High Schools and CAS. Australia is the only place in the world to have this antiquated tiered competition.

In a system like this we literally have the best of both worlds.

The GPS in QLD doesn't have this problem because all schools their take part in the 1XV comp.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
i think the updated shore 1st xv predicted lineup is
1. harry stiel
2. fin baxter
3. dave (tyler) ferret
4. james mcreery
5. tom hebblewhite
6. luca fulton (ewan)
7. marshal le maitre
8. tom galligan
9. hugo orpin
10. alex segeart? ben whatley?
11. kobi lomas. (preston scott)
12. henry (hank) conick
13. ollie mackellar
14. nick stacker
15. tom klem (c)

bench: gus gordon, phil waugh's son, tim barret, jai peters, alex smith, ed baxter, sam andrew

thehawkerstand

Frank Row (1)
i think the updated shore 1st xv predicted lineup is
1. harry stiel
2. fin baxter
3. dave (tyler) ferret
4. james mcreery
5. tom hebblewhite
6. luca fulton (ewan)
7. marshal le maitre
8. tom galligan
9. hugo orpin
10. alex segeart? ben whatley?
11. kobi lomas. (preston scott)
12. henry (hank) conick
13. ollie mackellar
14. nick stacker
15. tom klem (c)

bench: gus gordon, phil waugh's son, tim barret, jai peters, alex smith, ed baxter, sam andrew
1. harry stiel
2. james warner
3. jamieson lyne
4. james mcreery
5. tom hebblewhite
6. eoghan killick
7. marshall le matire
8. tom galligan
9. hugo orpin
10. ben whatley
11. kobi lomas
12. henry conick
13. ollie mackellar
14. nick stacker
15 . thomas klem

1. harry stiel
2. james warner
3. jamieson lyne
4. james mcreery
5. tom hebblewhite
6. eoghan killick
7. marshall le matire
8. tom galligan
9. hugo orpin
10. ben whatley
11. kobi lomas
12. henry conick
13. ollie mackellar
14. nick stacker
15 . thomas klem
Idk there as there are alot of year 11s in that team with not many experienced players, although would be interesting when the teams do come out. I head that there's a new import coming to SHORE school as well who was in the country NSW team and Gen Blue, would think that he should be there.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Did anyone see the shore rugby send off? possibly one of the best this year up with the kings video. great footage paired with great music.
i totally agree, have to say that the kings one was pretty average because the old footage took up a lot of the time. The shore was impeccable and Aidan Mackie and Tom Kennedy did a great job this year

thehawkerstand

Frank Row (1)
News out of SHORE.......

16b's prop Thomas Duddy has reported to have gone on a tour of the Scots College last weekend. The shore weekly record have contacted Thomas Duddy for a statement but have heard nothing back. Thomas Duddy was in the U16 Presidents 1st XV and reserve for the NSW schools 2nd XV. Reports have said that Thomas is thinking of moving as he was scared of new SHORE recruit, Dave Ferret. Shore has been looking in the direction of their two new monsters out of Wagga Wagga (Ollie Brabin and Dave Ferret) to lead them to their first Premiership since 2005.
ollie brabin is looking strong at the moment, have heard hes been hitting the gym and batesy has called him into the rowing squad. bright future for this young lad

thehawkerstand

Frank Row (1)
i totally agree, have to say that the kings one was pretty average because the old footage took up a lot of the time. The shore was impeccable and Aidan Mackie and Tom Kennedy did a great job this year
tk kennedy is the shore photographer for this year, great bloke. sat with him at the riverview game and had a lovely chat, great young man and a even better photographer. on his way to great success

The talk of town from the scotts dads and been listening to the 13, Finlay Bartlett. This young man has put on some big size through his development program. This year we got to see a glimpse of what he can do (barging over people and big tackles) from his highlights on Instergram. I am very excited, so as many young men are to see him tear up this next year.

Same thing with Zac Fitler, this young man is extremely gifted contrasting his speed and size creates an unbelievable future for him, following in his dads footsteps some would say. Very excited to see this young man aswell at the back running into the line with his gifts. Alot to come from this young man.

thehawkerstand

Frank Row (1)
completly agree trawler!! havent heard of finlay but know zach well. his dad had a great career and zach im sure will fill his legacy well. exciting year ahead for scots coming from a scots old boy im delighted to see this talent coming through the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.