• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO BE WATCHED THIS SEASON…

Good Morning,

With all the up and coming talent shown in both the classes of 2023 and 2024 and maybe even some 2025. Who are a select few of the players to be watched across this coming season of GPS rugby.

I believe a select few from Newington to watch are:

Matteo Cleverley

Lachie Murray

Casey McLean

Toby Rodwell

Matt Humphries

Quinn Mersal

All these boys showed great talent and skill in their respective teams.
As Addicted2Rugby39511 mentioned, please do not reply with silly answers about boys who have Realistically no chance of making either the 1st XV or 2nd XV for their respective school.

The Import.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
marist canberra is the best rugby school in Aus
Hello loverugby020
Just wondering by what yardstick, would you justify such an assessment.
Wallabies produced
Australian School boys produced
Number and quality of teams produced

In their first match of the year, Joeys played Marist Canberra. I can't not remember all the results. But overall I believe Joeys took Marist Canberra "to the Cleaners" which they do with most schools.

iloverugby020

Frank Row (1)
Hello loverugby020
Wallabies produced

In their first match of the year, Joeys played Marist Canberra. I can't not remember all the results. But overall I believe Joeys took Marist Canberra "to the Cleaners" which they do with most schools.
Very true, i was joking but they have had some good history, but sadly their rugby have been going down hill.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
TO BE WATCHED THIS SEASON…

Good Morning,

With all the up and coming talent shown in both the classes of 2023 and 2024 and maybe even some 2025. Who are a select few of the players to be watched across this coming season of GPS rugby.

I believe a select few from Newington to watch are:

Matteo Cleverley

Lachie Murray

Casey McLean

Toby Rodwell

Matt Humphries

Quinn Mersal

All these boys showed great talent and skill in their respective teams.
As Addicted2Rugby39511 mentioned, please do not reply with silly answers about boys who have Realistically no chance of making either the 1st XV or 2nd XV for their respective school.

The Import.
Hello Schoolboy Import
I am getting a good feeling about Newington for 2023. I have also noticed "How down to Earth" these evaluations are by people such as yourself . No boasting that about premierships or that these players will dominate next year. Just they show great skill and talent and to be watched.

Maybe some of the Shore boys, should take heed and instead of embarrassing their School, themselves and wasting their parents school fees. Need to move on. Or maybe Dr John Collier, acting Headmaster of Shore, should be contacted and advised by G&G, that a number of his students are bring the good name of Shore into disrepute, with their childish remarks.

As they left have behind a digital signature, as to their identities, it should be straight forward to locate and identify, these young Trolls. In the same way the Knox trolls were caught.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hello loverugby020
Wallabies produced

Joeys won 83-15

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Joeys won 83-15
Hello Joker and love rugby, by any stretch of the imagination, that is very much having been taken to the Cleaners. However, we must remember, that the Canberra Competition, isn't The Sydney GPS. In Canberra Loverugby, I am sure you are aware the Marist Canberra are one the stronger forces at Club Junior and Schoolboy level. So every thing is relative, to the level you are are playing at

Last edited:

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Hello Joker and love rugby, by any stretch of the imagination, that is very much having been taken to the Cleaners. However, we must remember, that the Canberra Competition, isn't The Sydney GPS. In Canberra Loverugby, I am sure you are aware the Marist Canberra are one the stronger forces at Club Junior and Schoolboy level. So every thing is relative, to the level you are are playing at
Joeys 1sts played Marist Canberra (and won 83-15) and Joeys 2nds played Marist Ashgrove 1sts and drew 12-12. I don't know which Barker team struggled against Ashgrove just recently, but I suspect Barker might really struggle against Nudgee on Saturday.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Joeys 1sts played Marist Canberra (and won 83-15) and Joeys 2nds played Marist Ashgrove 1sts and drew 12-12. I don't know which Barker team struggled against Ashgrove just recently, but I suspect Barker might really struggle against Nudgee on Saturday.

Barker hasn't played Marist Ashgrove since 2019. They won CAS that year. And they didn't struggle against Marist Ashgrove that year either. 36-17 with a 1sts squad, not a cemented 1st XV team. They also convincingly beat Marist in Canberra a few weeks prior to this.

Barker will probably struggle against Nudgee, although Barker is more talented. Especially now that Robert Toia isn't playing. Any NSW school would struggle because there would have been a month break between games for any NSW school. Match fitness is going to be in the bin.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Barker hasn't played Marist Ashgrove since 2019. They won CAS that year. And they didn't struggle against Marist Ashgrove that year either. 36-17 with a 1sts squad, not a cemented 1st XV team. They also convincingly beat Marist in Canberra a few weeks prior to this.

Barker will probably struggle against Nudgee, although Barker is more talented. Especially now that Robert Toia isn't playing. Any NSW school would struggle because there would have been a month break between games for any NSW school. Match fitness is going to be in the bin.
Agree with this because of the time off from Rugby. If anyone hasn't seen Toia play your missing out. The kid can seriously play and yet again Rugba Loig got there first. In a losing team for QLD U19s Origin he was arguably the best player on the field amongst blokes playing NRL or State Cup. I like the concept of these games though.

I think people here have taken the bait a bit hard with the whole Marist Canberra pot stir..... They do their best and that's all we want...

Status
Not open for further replies.