• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
I was a spectator at the GPS athletics a few years ago and had such a great conversation with a Kings lad, who was a stranger to me but was welcoming and up for a chat. He told me that while at most GPS schools it's considered almost god-status to be in the 1st XV, at Kings the absolute goal for many/most boys was to be in the Kings senior athletics team, and they were the biggest heroes in the school.
Having said that, I also think they play a terrific style of rugby and they're clearly pretty decent at both.

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
Watching todays game on NSW Rugby TV and also last weekends Athletics carnival the display of speed from Both Hadley Tonga and Liam Grover was special to watch. Hadley has the ever so slight edge over Grover on the track but more importantly it will be great to see them back in the GPS comp for another year.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Follow up story regarding Max J

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...'i-as-nrl-clubs-miss-out-20220920-p5bjju.html

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
That's quite the rap considering how good Sua'ali'i is going. We have probably seen more of Max at the same age to be honest and he has not disappointed.

I feel Coleman will be a good coach to have coming into a professional environment and a backline group a few years ahead of him who are settling in nicely (Edmed, Donaldson, Foketi, Perese, Nawaquinatawase, Pietsch, Harrison) No out and out Fullback in those names.... He'll do nicely in time.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Under 18’s

This Sunday 25th

ACT v NSW 2 at 12.30pm
QLD 2 v Melb Rebels at 2pm
QLD 1 v NSW 1 at 3.30pm

All games live on Cluch.tv (with commentary)

These games are all being played at the Aust Institute of Sport in Canberra.

Immediately after these games an Australian U18's squad will be announced. Players selected will attend a training camp at the AIS from
Sun 25th to Sun 2nd Oct

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Should be some good games. I was impressed by the NSW 1 good win over Malburn. The NSW 2 v NSW Invitational was a tight match 24/17. Some good depth in the cohort. Cailol & Grover brought up into NSW 2

Props are People too

Chris McKivat (8)
Should be some good games. I was impressed by the NSW 1 good win over Malburn. The NSW 2 v NSW Invitational was a tight match 24/17. Some good depth in the cohort. Cailol & Grover brought up into NSW 2
Does anyone know which AIS ground the games are on for Canberra locals? I can’t see anything on the AIS or brumbies site. Presumably not at GIO.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
@Props are People too If I was to have a guess I'd think AIS field 1 which is behind the East Car Park for GIO. There is 3/4 fields there from memory.

Surely someone lurking here has the info through friends and family with all the truthful inside scoops we a lucky enough to read.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Righto Champ.

Hit a nerve (or a note) there.

Haven't at any stage accused anyone or school about this topic myself. Merely writing the old throw away line in the mix.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
ffs-baby.gif

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Does anyone know which AIS ground the games are on for Canberra locals? I can’t see anything on the AIS or brumbies site. Presumably not at GIO.

All games are being played on the AIS multi-purpose fields located near the East car park of the GIO Stadium.

After the NSW 1 v QLD 1 game, all players and parents are to move to the AIS Theatrette where the Aust U18's squad will be announced.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Anyone aware of how the gen blue 16s game went ? And who could be a person to look out for in the 18s games that we might not know off

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
1664013825765.png

1664013917914.png

1664013963737.png

1664051597825.png
1664051671522.png

No team sheet was posted for the ACT Brumbies however I will point out Daniel Wall (Year 11) from the Kings School was selected and was in the run-on team as tight head prop (same also for the game against QLD 1 on Tuesday).

Cameron Johns (Year 12) from the Shore School was selected at no.16 and played in the front row for the 2nd half.

Results

ACT Brumbies beat NSW 2 31-29

QLD 2 beat Melb Rebels 42-5

QLD 1 beat NSW 1 28-26

Last edited:

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Aust U18 team announced…AAGPS boys

Barrett (Joeys)
Bell (Joeys)
Fowler (Joeys)
Leahy (Joeys)
McGregor (New)
McCrea (Scots)
Tonga (Kings)
Villaimu (New)

1664107812960.png

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Riverview 1st XV is shaping up to become a strong force in 2023. With the likes of Liam and Hamish Grover returning as well as Flynn English who is a genuine talent. Joe Dillon was exceptional this year and I can only imagine he's gonna get better.

Big things coming

OR2008_View

Frank Row (1)
The Riverview 1st XV is shaping up to become a strong force in 2023. With the likes of Liam and Hamish Grover returning as well as Flynn English who is a genuine talent. Joe Dillon was exceptional this year and I can only imagine he's gonna get better.

Big things coming
Good on ya harry.

Any younger boys to watch? Or will It be a first fifteen of a vast majority year 12. Heard of the third Grover? Is he a chance??

Hearing Riverview has loads of depth and will be strong in firsts seconds and thirds.

Don't want to put you on the spot Harry but what does your Riverview 2023 1st XV look like.

OR2008_View

Frank Row (1)
GPS 1s next year

1. Bailey Park
2. Hamish Grover
3. Harry Bell
4. Toby Brial
5. Harry Darling
6. Austin Durbridge
7. Marshall Lemaitre
8. Liam Sullivan
9. Hwi Sharples
10. Joe Dillon
11. Leo Jacques
12. Tyrese Lokeni
13. Liam Grover
14. Casey Mclean
15. Tom Klem

GPS 2s

1. Nate Titi
2. Will Guyfoile
3. Lapita Ana
4. Anton Thiel
5. Charlie Bull
6. Heath Turner
7. Pat Young
8. Archie Campbell
9. Angus Grover
10. Toby Rodwell
11. Jay Maceknzie
12. Blake Steep
13. Tom Watts
14. Nick Newton
15. Zach Fittler

OR2008_View

Frank Row (1)
if anyone needs a 2023 first xv for any school just ask me and Ill try say an accurate one. Most of my knowledge is around scots and shore though

Status
Not open for further replies.